Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Not your year

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clatts Posted - 04/22/2012 : 19:57:40
Well it's official Canucks are done for the year.

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 21:44:19
Apparently not Chicago's year either! Have to say, still hurts that the Canucks are out, but stings a little less knowing the Hawks are now too. More sting can/will be removed if the Bruins are next to book tee times. Go Caps!
Alex116 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 20:50:45
quote:
Originally posted by Statman

The Canucks need more size and toughness? You mean like Kassian? The secondary scoring was the problem in this series.

LOL, how ironic! Last year it was toughness, they tried to toughen up with Kassian, Bitz, etc and now it's the secondary scoring. Wonder if they're looking back wondering how Milan Lucic slipped right by them in the draft?
Statman Posted - 04/23/2012 : 20:48:45
The Canucks need more size and toughness? You mean like Kassian? The secondary scoring was the problem in this series.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/23/2012 : 13:26:54
Well I have to say I bet for the Vancouver team to go deeper and am still shocked LA handled them as well as they did. Seemed like physically Vancouver needs some beef and toughness. When the going got tough not enough meaness to there game. Is that the coach. Could be. I know Torts had his team snarling threw the first 2 games this year. Sutter knew how to mean up his team in a hurry during the Flames run. Dont know if AV has that in him. Either way a good year and this team has played a lot of winning hockey in the last 2 years. No shame in this defeat.
Alex116 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 11:35:29
Beans, i agree with most of that, and while i don't necessarily think they played "poorly", they def didn't play anywhere near their best! Quick was awesome, but didn't even steal a game, that's how complete a team game the Kings played. I agree, Sutter got his guys to buy into a plan that worked!

Now, all the Canucks need is Nashville to get swept in the 2nd round so that Weber may want to leave and come here. Would HE be "blue chip" enough for you?

I said a month ago that AV will prob be gone if they don't win or at least go deep again towards the cup. It may be time for a change, though i don't think the situation is the same as others where the coach is being tuned out. However, there's been rumours about riffs with players including Kesler (and Willie Mitchell when he was here). IF there is a problem with any of the higher end players, he's done for sure, and may be anyway!
I'd be happy to see MacT here even though i don't dislike AV.
Beans15 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 07:29:02
It is raining in Edmonton and I stopped for a Timmy's on the way to work this morning. The old fella in the line up behind me leans in and says, "You know these raindrops are actually teardrops from Vancouver."

That's a great way to start the day.

Kidding aside, I think Vancouver didn't play poorly, they just ran into an incredibly hot goalie and their defensive group was not big enough to contend with the size that LA has up front. Cudos to Sutter, great game plan to beat the Canucks.

As Nux stated, I also see big changed. I thought Van actually shored their team up nicely to go for a run again but clearly that is not the case. I think they do need to solve their goalie controversy as that is an issue. Next, blue chip defensemen. Legit blue chip. Not Hamhuis or Edler. Then, they need a side of beef in their defensive group.

Finally, it's time for a new coach. Sorry AV, I think you have taken this team as far as you can. Unfortunately, it's not far enough. MacT has been auditioning for the job for the past year and has done great with the farm team. He's getting the call up.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Alex116 Posted - 04/22/2012 : 21:27:37
The Canucks got robbed! The refs were totally against them and the NHL didn't want them to win! All kidding aside, props to the Kings on the win. Going in, all i heard was how the Canucks were the better skating team and that should play in their favour. I saw the complete opposite as the Kings outskated and outhustled the Canucks in almost every period save for a couple in game 4.

With Quick being as unbeatable as he seems, this Blues / Kings series could be the polar opposite to the Flyers / Pens!!!
nuxfan Posted - 04/22/2012 : 20:33:27
It will be an interesting offseason for VAN this summer, I predict quite a few changes...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page