Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who would have won?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 04/23/2012 : 10:15:04
It's not going to happen in 2012, but who would have won a Stanley Cup Finals battle between these two failed juggernauts?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4640 Posted - 04/29/2012 : 06:32:57
I hate the canucks but they would have won schneider would have had a great series and 2 shutouts
Alex116 Posted - 04/24/2012 : 18:14:02
Personally, i was picking the Pens to go all the way this year, even if it meant another heartbreak in the final for my team. Therefore, regardless of Fleury's poor play, i have to assume he'd have "found his game" if they made it to the finals and therefore they'd still be my pick.
vandrew87 Posted - 04/24/2012 : 18:05:01
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

I gotta give the edge to Pittsburg, why? I hate the Canucks

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors

I gotta give the edge to Pittsburgh. Why? Because even though I love the Canucks, I think they would be outmatched.

Although with Fleury's GAA being what it was, and having a Luongo/Schneider duo...DAMN I would have loved to have seen that.

"If you can play, You Can Play"
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/24/2012 : 15:03:55
I don't know umteman, Penguins only seem to have 3 scoring line in Philly due to not having to face a really good defense/goalie. I'll give you Vancouver only has a few physical players, but they have some pretty good team defense, 2 good options in goal and similar scoring threats to Pittsburg. I dont think Pittsburg wins on the strength of scoring. I think Vancouver wins because they have more pieces of a winning team, just not against L.A. and I think that's because they came up against a hot goalie, which I dont think would be the problem in Pittsburg
umteman Posted - 04/24/2012 : 14:36:42
obviously I am biased, but I picked the Pens. even after really thinking about it I still say Pittsburg. when you play the Penguins you face three lines that can score ; there really isn't let up for opposing defenses.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Clatts Posted - 04/24/2012 : 11:07:49
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Marshall

Obviously Pittsburg. At least they WANTED it. Vancouver? Not so much. No heart. No guts. No glory.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.

You can say goaltending, secondary scoring or even that the Sedins are ugly and so is their long lost brother Schneider but to say they have no heart or guts! C'mon these guys are professionals.

From what I remember your from the east coast ( Anything east of Calgary is the east coast to me) so I understand if you didn't stay up to watch the games but I can tell you from watching all the games Vancouver didn't lose from lack of trying.

They had difficultly with Quick and a tough time matching up with the bigger LA squad. Also Daniel being out didn't help as they played much better once he was back.

Don Cherry on Visors
Alex116 Posted - 04/24/2012 : 11:01:01
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Marshall

Obviously Pittsburg. At least they WANTED it. Vancouver? Not so much. No heart. No guts. No glory.

Lee, i'm just curious how you came to that conclussion, that Pittsburgh wanted it and Vancouver didn't? If the Canucks didn't want it, why would they bother and not just forfeit? Or better yet, why would they bother winning game 4? I'd love to know why so that i can explain to my fellow fans why they really lost.
BTW, did Fleury "WANT" it too? Cuz he sure didn't play like he did. How 'bout the Pens D? They "WANT" it too?
Lee Marshall Posted - 04/24/2012 : 09:42:28

Guest8357 Posted - 04/24/2012 : 07:12:53
who cares they both failled
mandree888 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 12:21:45
yeah.... alex that isnt saying much fleury was playing like garbage. i think a bag could have been filled with pucks with how many he let in. even a pylon could have scored. not to take anything away from van they are a threat night in and night out. unless your the kings apparently.

that being said had they made it to the finals first of all pit would have had to cure its defense plague. making them insanly hard to beat. i voted for the pens.
Alex116 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 11:09:22
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

My gut instinct is to follow Clatts because I also hate the Canucks. But once I get past that and think about it a bit, I say Vancouver would have won.

Simply, Vancouver's goaltending was solid through the series. Even Luogo was strong for most of the games he played. Although I did not fault Fleury for the first 2 loses, he was not spectacular. And he was pathetic in the last 5 games.

Vancouver wins on goaltending.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!

SCREW YOU BEANS! It's bad enough they're out, now you're telling me they coulda beat the mighty Pens?

AKA, it would have been an interesting matchup of D/goaltending vs offense! Who knows, if they made it that far, you'd have to assume that Fleury started to play better and could have evenned out the goaltending. Then again, the Canucks might have started scoring like they did earlier in the season and made it a real good final??? We'll never know....
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/23/2012 : 11:09:11
I voting Canucks. I dont think either team should be in the voting for stanely cup finals, as I wouldn't expect either team to fair well against Boston, Nashville, St louis or apparently Philly and LA. To much parity in this league and neither has all the pieces to make it to this years finals. I expect a Nashville, Blues series, if it happens, to be epic and havent decided out of the east teams who is the dominant team. I just know it aint option A or B from this forum.
Beans15 Posted - 04/23/2012 : 11:06:37
My gut instinct is to follow Clatts because I also hate the Canucks. But once I get past that and think about it a bit, I say Vancouver would have won.

Simply, Vancouver's goaltending was solid through the series. Even Luogo was strong for most of the games he played. Although I did not fault Fleury for the first 2 loses, he was not spectacular. And he was pathetic in the last 5 games.

Vancouver wins on goaltending.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Clatts Posted - 04/23/2012 : 10:41:10
I gotta give the edge to Pittsburg, why? I hate the Canucks

Don Cherry on Visors

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page