Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Calgary fire Feaster NOW!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/24/2012 : 18:30:08
the reason Mark Jankowski, does anyone know something about this kid that I don't? i know he put up 94 points in 57 games, but he was playing in a league i played in 6 years ago, for a team that invited 2 of my teamates to come play for them after we beat them 5 - 1 in a tournament, their are 14 year olds in this league for gods sakes!! takeing this kid 21rst overall is insane to me, I mean the league this kid is coming from is a league i played in. A league I was an all star in, and trust me when i say this folks I was never anywhere near close to being drafted not even close. This is complete insanity to me,

flames fans i hope Feaster knows something i don't .....

check out his tsn page

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=9385

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 06/25/2012 : 15:50:46
there was also speculation that Feaster might have made the move due to the fact he didn't have a second round choice - and they felt that he'd be gone by the end of the second round for sure, so they wanted to make sure they had him.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/25/2012 : 15:27:34
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9291

Its not like he was ranked 1142. I think he was rated 42 by central scouting. For sure a gamble, but its not like they were taking some random person off the street.

True, as far as i know, i'm still available as a FA?

At least they did well in trading down, aquiring and extra pick and grabbing the guy they covetted, even if it was early? They seem pretty confident in him developing into one of the best in the draft class? Be fun to watch and see how he progresses with having to step up against much better competition than he surely saw at Pasty's level.

Besides, it could have been worse. Feaster could have claimed that he was who they'd have taken if they had the #1 pick.

If he had to play against me back in my day he would have at least 10 to 15 points less on that point total,
in all honestly i am still not convinced one of our top players on our team back in 04 - 05 scored 67 points in this league when he was 16, don't get me wrong my buddy is a good player but he was never going to the show and he plays in beer leagues like the rest of us now,, another thing about this legaue is it is not very physical, many of the kids that would go to Stanstead in paticular couldn't handle the physical play of midget AAA and would head for the highschool route where 14 year olds play in the league,,, maybe the league has come a long way since my day but i kinda doubt it,.....
so i'm gonna call this now a huge flop,

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Alex116 Posted - 06/25/2012 : 15:19:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9291

Its not like he was ranked 1142. I think he was rated 42 by central scouting. For sure a gamble, but its not like they were taking some random person off the street.

True, as far as i know, i'm still available as a FA?

At least they did well in trading down, aquiring and extra pick and grabbing the guy they covetted, even if it was early? They seem pretty confident in him developing into one of the best in the draft class? Be fun to watch and see how he progresses with having to step up against much better competition than he surely saw at Pasty's level.

Besides, it could have been worse. Feaster could have claimed that he was who they'd have taken if they had the #1 pick.
Guest9291 Posted - 06/25/2012 : 15:03:26
Beans15 Posted - 06/25/2012 : 13:45:46
Every GM has a plan. It is not uncommon for a single move to make someone scratch their head but when the whole plan comes together it makes sense.

Before getting the water boiling for a litter Feester soup, who did he leave behind that is better than this kid?? I mean I don't care what competative league of hockey one plays in, that kid puts up points. A 17 yrs old and to be 6'3", there has to be something there.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!
Statman Posted - 06/25/2012 : 13:24:51
Well, there's nothing that says a guy who hasn't been tested can't excel in the NHL, but yeah, taking this guy in the first round just seems too risky to me. Sometimes I think scouts are just out to prove something by finding the diamond in the rough that nobody else knew about. I guess time will tell, but this pick is a head scratcher for sure.
Guest4271 Posted - 06/25/2012 : 10:01:42
I know his grandfather played in the NHL
Guest4315 Posted - 06/24/2012 : 23:23:35
i know they said if he was born 2 days later he would of got drafted next year

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page