Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Philadelphia
 Will the Habs move a center?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/24/2012 : 17:44:32
After the habs went with Galchenyuk in the first round 3rd overall a player who many scout's believe is ready to step right into the NHL the Canadiens find themselves with too many top 9 centers, Lars Eller at 22 has developped into a solid defensive center and has shown a flare for the offensive and should be a sloid 3rd line center for years to come, plus the word is he is a great teamate and well liked throughout the team, plus Plekanec Deharnais and Galchenyuk are not suited to be third line centers the way Eller is. So Eller should stay, then you have Deharnais, 25 years old took the long way to the NHL but has liturally lead the league in scoring in every league hes has played in except the NHL, seriously look it up he has lead the ECHL QMJHL and AHL in scoring, last year he put up 60 pts in 81 games in his first full NHL season geling nicely between Cole and Pacioretty, plus he is french Canadian so he is going nowhere, but with his resume regardless what language he speaks he shouldn't be on the move. Then you have Plekanec 29 years old a solid 2nd line center on most NHL teams capable of anywhere from 50 to 71 points while playing hard minutes against the other teams best, at a 5 million $ cap hit. Throw Galchenyuk into the mix and room has to be made for this young prospect if he is to step right into the habs roster. He must play top six minutes with top six wingers so this tells me the habs are going to try and move Plekanec this season,

but where to and what is his value if he is even tradeable with the big contract attached to him, are their any takers out there for for him? Phoenix?? Florida??

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MrBoogedy Posted - 07/03/2012 : 20:59:27
I don't expect that we'll see Galchenyuk this season anyway, they'll probably let him develop for another year.
Pasty7 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 05:44:25
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Just to put it out there,
I would LOVE to have Plekanec in Toronto. Not that we'd ever get a good player in a trade from Montreal, but just sayin'.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Really? get rid of Bozak and Connelly and go with Plekane and Grabo as your 1 and 2?? i suppose their ae worse tandems out there

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

n/a Posted - 06/28/2012 : 05:32:45
Just to put it out there,
I would LOVE to have Plekanec in Toronto. Not that we'd ever get a good player in a trade from Montreal, but just sayin'.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 06/27/2012 : 22:35:27
Galchenyuk can play on the left wing...

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
MrBoogedy Posted - 06/24/2012 : 21:12:12
I've been suspecting the habs are gonna let Plekanec go, hopefully out west so he won't fall into the column of players that come back to haunt us. But of these four centers you mentioned, i wonder if any of them could double as a capable winger. It would be nice to have a little breathing room in case of injury, as has been the case more often than not.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page