Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 The Zach Parise Sweepstakes

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/01/2012 : 10:58:56
Which team will end up signing Zach Parise, the top forward available through free agency?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 13:09:13
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree Pasty, the Heat did win the championship. Personally, I don't have an issue with FA's getting together and making decisions as a group or pairs or whatever. Some folks believe this is against the spirit of free agency and allows players to dictate 'all star' kinds of teams.

That line up is pretty awesome. However, I would suggest that if they were to also sign Suter to a long term deal that Martin and his $5 million cap hit would have to be moved to fit it all under the cap. Even if you take him out of the line up that team is stacked. Did they not draft 2 blue chip defense prospects in the draft this year??

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!

agreed Martin would probably be on the move and they did draft Pouliot i believe 8th overall and he is suppose to be quite the complete defensman, i don't know who the other d man they drafted was but dumoulin the other guy they got in the Staal trade was a 2nd rounder a couple years back and his College stats are comparable to Schultz's so the pens not only are stacked now but they are stacked for the futur as well

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Leafs81 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 12:20:33
I remember in 2003-2004, Selanne and Kariya wanted to play together and win a cup together so they both signed with Colorado for cheap, Colorado already had Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Tanguay and company. It didn't go as planned. Kariya had 36 points and Selanne 32 points.

But if Suter and Parise signs with Pittsburgh, I agree (who wouldn't) that it would be a sick lineup.
Beans15 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 09:55:23
I agree Pasty, the Heat did win the championship. Personally, I don't have an issue with FA's getting together and making decisions as a group or pairs or whatever. Some folks believe this is against the spirit of free agency and allows players to dictate 'all star' kinds of teams.

That line up is pretty awesome. However, I would suggest that if they were to also sign Suter to a long term deal that Martin and his $5 million cap hit would have to be moved to fit it all under the cap. Even if you take him out of the line up that team is stacked. Did they not draft 2 blue chip defense prospects in the draft this year??

Pasty7 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 07:51:47
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I agree Slozo. I think if he was staying in NJ he would have signed by now. The rumor I heard this weekend is that he and Suter are good friends and they are weighing the options of signing for the same team. Much like the South Beach fiasco in the NBA when Bosh and
James both signed with Wade for the Heat.

The other rumor circulating is that Pitt has a 10 yr- $80 million offer on the table. Malkin, Crosby, Neal, and Parise? Sick.

The South Beach Fiasco also brought to appearences in the NBA finals and a Championship, seems like a good route i mean these guys are both going to get their money long term so why not pick the best chance they have to win and if they're firends signing together is probably the best move possible.

imagin this lineup:

Malkin-Neal-Kunitz
Crosby-Parise-Dupis
Sutter- Cooke-Kennedy
then Vitale-Glass-Adams-Macintyre-Jeffrey

Letang - Suter
Martin - Oprik
Niskanen-Lovjoy- Engelland

Fleury
Vokoun

Pretty sick lineup, if i'm Parise or Sutter this would be my second choice after MTL

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Beans15 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 07:30:03
I agree Slozo. I think if he was staying in NJ he would have signed by now. The rumor I heard this weekend is that he and Suter are good friends and they are weighing the options of signing for the same team. Much like the South Beach fiasco in the NBA when Bosh and
James both signed with Wade for the Heat.

The other rumor circulating is that Pitt has a 10 yr- $80 million offer on the table. Malkin, Crosby, Neal, and Parise? Sick.

n/a Posted - 07/03/2012 : 05:34:41
Tuesday morning, and still no decision . . . the suspense is killing me!

Especially now that Brodeur (and Hedberg) re-signed, it certainly makes that franchise appear more stable . . . does it lend weight to Parise's decision? I'm thinking it must.

In the end though, I still Parise leaving the swamp.

Alex116 Posted - 07/02/2012 : 09:04:01
Being from Minny is the reason i picked the Wild. I just have a hunch he's gonna talk Suter into coming with him and the Wild are def a team that's changing it's "defensive" image and seem to be willing to spend for a more exciting team and a contender. If any team gets the two of these guys, wow, what a bonus that would be!
n/a Posted - 07/02/2012 : 08:34:13
I've added Pittsburgh here, only because someone mentioned them . . . I think it highly unlikely he could fit there however.

It's a tough one to predict, among the toughest in some time for a big name and such a productive forward. Parise is really trying to sell the whole "New Jersey is still in the running" line, and to me . . . it doesn't ring right. Maybe it's because if that was really true, he would have just re-signed with them in the past, when it was easier and better to do so. Personally, I take it as a call to get the price up . . . telling teams that they are going to have to give him a good offer to wrest him from the Devils.

You're guess is as good as mine, frankly. I do find it interesting that a totally non-traditional player in these sweepstakes is Minnesota, and they have put up (supposedly) a big offer for both Parise and Suter (Parise is from Minny, btw). We'll see!

My guess? I guessed Philly, just a dart on the board. I think it's just as likely to be Minnesota, Detroit, even Pittsburgh. I think half of the other teams in the league are all possibilities.

@valanche Posted - 07/01/2012 : 19:18:03
They both go to detroit

66 is > than 99
Alex116 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 15:14:43
I think Minnesota's got a real good shot at them but i know the Wings have been planning on going after Suter in a big way so it'll be interesting to see what he decides.
sahis34 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 14:34:18
either they'll both go to minny or parise with go to pittsburgh and suter will go detriot.
Pasty7 Posted - 07/01/2012 : 13:41:24
betya the wings land suter and parise!

Bob Uecker

nuxfan Posted - 07/01/2012 : 12:25:47
usually with big UFA names, there are a few teams that rise to the top as prospective places by this time. But with Parise (and Suter), no one seems to be the clear front runner, and its hard to tell where he might want to go with all the options out there. Does he want to win now, or be part of a youth movement? Does he want to be the C, or not? So many options...

Interesting talk on TSN this morning, Pierre LaBrun was speculating that Parise and Suter might be angling to land in the same location - they are apparently friends off the ice. MacKenzie was also speculating that both would recieve heavily front-loaded deals (ie, 28M in the first 2 years between salary and signing bonus).

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page