Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 A proposal to alleviate "the headaches"

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2557 Posted - 07/16/2012 : 20:59:52
Trade Proposal:

Canucks Aquires:

- Rick Nash
- Steve Mason

Columbus Aquires:

- Roberto Luongo
- Mason Raymond
- Zach Kassian
- VAN 2013 1st round draft pick
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sahis34 Posted - 07/18/2012 : 16:38:23
Pretty good proposal. If the jackets were getting cody hodgeson instead of zach kassian, then it might actually meet howsen"s ridiculous asking price, oh well. We'll just have to what till the rangers give CBJ: dubinsky, del zotto, kreider and a 1st rounder for Nash or the much more likely; Nash tells howsen he's sick of waiting around and then they'll lower they're asking price.

I just want something to happen though, the market has been dead since parise and suter landed in MInny, and that's when it was supposed to heat up.. whatever, the hockey pundits were wrong again....

Go OILERS Go!!!
Statman Posted - 07/17/2012 : 22:54:42
I actually like this trade proposal, though I do think you need to lose the draft pick, or perhaps Kassian. I don't think Nash will have a problem accepting the move to Vancouver, but I'm not so sure Luongo would agree on Columbus.
@valanche Posted - 07/17/2012 : 13:16:29
The thing that gets me on this one is Steve mason, a guy I thought a couple years ago was developing into a star but then dropped off the face of the earth recently. In the end he could develop into the best player of this trade.

66 is > than 99
Alex116 Posted - 07/17/2012 : 09:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I like this trade too - I have long felt that a straight up Luongo-for-Nash would be perfect for both sides (needs wise and cap space wise), although neither one seems to want to go to the other. The other bits are OK as well, although I think the trade favours CBJ. I think its too early to give up on Kassian, and the first round draft is too much. I'm also not sure what VAN will do with Mason after this season, he's RFA and 2.9M in cap space...

I'd be okay with Kassian OR the 1st rounder, but not both for Nash, though i'm not that keen on the Canucks taking on that salary in the first place so i was actually pleased to hear that they weren't one of his preferred landing spots!
nuxfan Posted - 07/17/2012 : 09:01:11
I like this trade too - I have long felt that a straight up Luongo-for-Nash would be perfect for both sides (needs wise and cap space wise), although neither one seems to want to go to the other. The other bits are OK as well, although I think the trade favours CBJ. I think its too early to give up on Kassian, and the first round draft is too much. I'm also not sure what VAN will do with Mason after this season, he's RFA and 2.9M in cap space...
Alex116 Posted - 07/17/2012 : 08:32:52
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

That, surprisingly, nearly fits. I think the 1st round pick is a little much but it does give CJB the NHL ready forwards they are looking for. It's a bit much on the salary side for Van but Nash with the Sedins would be pretty sick.

Sadly, I don't think Bobby Lou is waiving his NTC to go to the hockey and cultural mecca of Columbus, Ohio.

Daniel Alfredsson is the MVP of the universe. All hail the Ottawa Senators!!!!!

Not to mention the fact that Vancouver isn't on Nash's "wish list"....

I think Nash would maybe amend his wish list if it brings him to a legit cup contender espcially once they add him and Doan

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

I guess maybe if the Canucks got Doan and Nash figured that was enough, but not long ago he didn't have them on his list? So, is Doan enough to change his mind or is there a reason he chose all American teams?
Pasty7 Posted - 07/17/2012 : 08:28:08
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

That, surprisingly, nearly fits. I think the 1st round pick is a little much but it does give CJB the NHL ready forwards they are looking for. It's a bit much on the salary side for Van but Nash with the Sedins would be pretty sick.

Sadly, I don't think Bobby Lou is waiving his NTC to go to the hockey and cultural mecca of Columbus, Ohio.

I think Nash would maybe amend his wish list if it brings him to a legit cup contender espcially once they add him and Doan

Anybody with ability can play in the big leagues. But to be able to trick people year in and year out the way I did, I think that was a much greater feat.
Bob Uecker

Pasty7 Posted - 07/17/2012 : 06:21:31
Yup but this is a trade that would probably make both teams better, and yeah Nash with the Sedins would be sick!

Bob Uecker

Alex116 Posted - 07/16/2012 : 22:33:13
quote:

Beans15 Posted - 07/16/2012 : 21:48:23

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page