Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 even trade?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
foolpittier Posted - 08/20/2012 : 12:56:29
i aquired Evander Kane for JVR, in a keeper pool, i belive i got the better part of the deal. what do you think guys.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs81 Posted - 08/22/2012 : 11:38:44
Kane for JVR is a good trade, Kane is getting more confident and he's becoming the go-to guy in Winnipeg.

JVR will have a season of adaptation for sure and as long as Kessel is with the Leafs JVR will never be the go-to guy.

As for Bobby Ryan, that's a tough one, I think I would prefer Ryan but his futur is unknown so is his pp time (with Selanne resigning) and if he'll end up on the big line or on the second line to balance things up.

The situation right now, If your pool is just points, I would of went with Bobby Ryan.
Alex116 Posted - 08/21/2012 : 18:20:35
Wow, that's a tough one. Though he's 3 or 4 years older, Ryan is a lot more proven than both Kane and JVR. That would have been a tough one to pass up, though with the unknown of where he may play next year (and in the future), maybe Kane is the better option?
foolpittier Posted - 08/21/2012 : 15:49:59
That was me
Guest4927 Posted - 08/21/2012 : 15:48:07
Thanks guys, I also had a chance to get bobby Ryan for JVR, but I went with Kane due to the fact he's much younger
n/a Posted - 08/21/2012 : 10:17:04
Tough to say for this coming year, but I'd have to go with Kane. If it's weighted more for goals, it's Kane for sure I think . . . but if it's points, it really depends on where you think JVR will end up on the Leafs.

Learning from the past, I always err on the side of safety in hockey pools, so for sure would take Kane over JVR.

Good trade.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 08/20/2012 : 20:51:55
I personally think Kane will do better, so I'd make the trade as well. But thats just me thinking that JVR has consistently underperformed so far in his (short) NHL career, while Kane has consistently improved and had a bit of a breakout last year. So you're riding momentum.

JVR will get a better chance with TOR, so time will tell. Really, this early in their respective careers its difficult to predict which will do better with any accuracy. But I've been impressed with Kane more than I've been impressed with JVR.
Alex116 Posted - 08/20/2012 : 19:16:13
I just re-read what i wrote and realized it sounds really confusing. What i was trying to say was that i think JVR's expectations were higher, at least those put on him by scouts, gm's, etc, than Kane's yet he hasn't really looked as though he will ever reach those heights. Kane on the other hand, seems to be doing quite well while playing on a "lesser" team with maybe more ice time opportunity but with lesser talent around him.

Maybe that makes more sense???
Alex116 Posted - 08/20/2012 : 13:09:26
I think it's fair, though i think JVR's upside may be a very slight bit higher. Having said that, he's not shown signs of ever reaching it and having played on a pretty good team in Philly, he may never. Kane on the other hand, could find even more promise in a better situation?

I'd prefer Kane to JVR myself.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page