Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Keeper Pool Advice

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jetsdude Posted - 07/25/2012 : 08:53:41
Hey guys,

Will be starting up my own keeper pool with the boys this fall. Just wanted to run my plan by people who have run keepers before and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Pool will be tracked on pickuphockey. Snake draft format taking place at local lounge.
Each team will select 7 forwards, 4 defence, 2 goalies. The bottom active 1 forward, 1 defence, and 1 goalie will have the bias rule apply and will not count towards the teams points. Keeping it as simple as possible, you get 1 point per point for forwards and defence, and 2 points for a goalie win with an extra point per shutout.

Trades will be allowed. But you keep 7 forwards, 4 defence, and 2 goalies at all times. For example, you can't trade 2 defence for 2 forwards, 1 forward for 1 goalie, etc. No waiver pickups will be allowed (if a player isnt picked in the draft he's not elligable for the pool this year).

Traded players points will not carry over to their new team. For example if Kane has 20 points when he is traded, Kane starts with 0 points on his new team, and his old team keeps his 20 points.

At the draft the following year, you may keep up to 3 forwards, 2 defence, and 1 goalie, and must unprotect the rest to be drafted by anyone. Snake draft again in reverse order of last years standings (just like nhl does it).

$20 entry fee likely winner take all unless we have more than 8 or 9 teams where 2nd will get a bit back. Any team who doesn't show up to the next year's draft will have all their players entered back into the draft. If players make a trade they will each text me confirming the trade, once they have done so i will update the pool. Each team will have their cell number beside their team name on the pool site so guys can contact each other and talk trades (we're all buddies so not worried about abuse).

Please let me know if you guys have any advice or forsee any problems running this on pickuphockey (e.g. making sure the bias rule doesnt apply to traded players, etc.). Thanks very much!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4928 Posted - 01/07/2013 : 14:07:31
Thanks Slozo, appreciate the advice. Yup i will do the draft that way. Got my Jets tickets lined up! Ready for take off.
n/a Posted - 01/07/2013 : 05:05:08
Sounds pretty good!

Comments:
1) There won't be a lot of trades. It's not a good or bad thing, it just is, especially under a system where it has to be 1 for 1 (which you have to keep, I have a similar keeper pool going myself with 10 of us, just bigger rosters). So don't sweat the details on trades and whatnot . . . btw, I was the one that got that bias rule in there after asking for it . . . the guys who run pickuphockey really are the best.

2) I assume you will do this, but have the draft each year run as if the loser (bottom finisher) from last year is the top seed, 2nd last is 2nd, and so on. It keeps the league very competetive, and for those up and coming stars that no one has, gives a big boost to someone who sucked the year before.

You should be good to go bud!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
jetsdude Posted - 01/06/2013 : 20:40:32
Thanks Eric. I'm concerned about the trading not working properly on pickuphockey. With players point totals not carrying over to their new teams. But in theory it seems like it should work.
Guest2734 Posted - 01/06/2013 : 19:05:54
We've had a keeper pool since 1994... We've seen many changes... We started with 6 teams, and expanded to 8 in the late 1990s. 5 of the original 6 members are still in this pool. We've learned that this isn't really a money pool, even though we all pay $25... it's mostly a friendship pool. This pool has allowed us to stay in contact and remain good friends for over 18 years!!! :-)
Looking at the details of your pool, I don't see any problems... but I'm sure you'll all make some changes as the years go by. Good luck with your pool!
Eric N
jetsdude Posted - 01/06/2013 : 18:03:21
the season is upon us! Just wanted to bump this to get some feedback on whether my plan for a keeper pool will work and be successful on pickuphockey? Thanks!
foolpittier Posted - 07/25/2012 : 13:49:09
needs more spice

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page