Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Good Trade?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0031 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 10:13:39
I have been asked to trade Vanek and Joe Thornton with a 5th round pick for Clarckson and Voracek with a 3rd roud pick. Keep in mind that this is a keeper league.

second trade. My Eberle and 8th round pick for Hodgson and a 6th round pick.

Thoughts?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4315 Posted - 03/01/2013 : 15:09:20
i would take Voracek over Marleau.
Guest9848 Posted - 03/01/2013 : 08:35:51
I have a related trade question. In a non keeper pool should I trade Marleau for Voracek
Alex116 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 13:23:05
Voracek's never kept this kind of play up for a full season, BUT, playing on the Giroux line is huge! I just checked and he's getting a ton of PP minutes on the top unit lately as well with Schenn, Giroux and Simmonds (one of them is playing the point). For a one year pool with limited (pretty much 0) keepers, it's prob worth the risk. Something is going on in SJ and Buffalo is a mess as well. I like the "sell high" idea on Vanek as well. No way he keeps up that early season pace when there was talk of an Art Ross trophy?
Guest0031 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 12:45:06
yea top 4 get to keep a player of their choice and lose their round2 pick. Don't look at me, i didn't make the rules aha :P

I'm debating doing Thornton for Voracek...vora is playing on the top line with giroux and hartnell..he's been stacking up the points where as joe is cold...rly uncertain on what to do here.
Alex116 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 12:15:52
Huh? Only the top 4 teams get to keep a player? AND, they only get to keep 1??? Am i reading this correctly? That's hardly a keeper league if that's the case!

I've not done a multi-category league so i've never done the research on stuff like hits, blocked shots, shots on goal, etc. If this is basically for just this year then, i'd prob stick with Thornton and Vanek and hope that Thornton gets back to his early season form and Vanek keeps producing. I'm assuming none of these 4 would be keepers for you anyway, again, assuming this whole "keep only 1 guy" thing is for real??? The 3rd vs 5th is prob fairly significant though if you're redrafting pretty much the entire league? Also, Clarkson prob puts up the PIMS and blocks, hits, etc more than the other guys? Tough call, but i'd look for a better deal. Keep in mind, if you're trying to win this year, the picks aren't as important to you!
Guest0031 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 10:44:14
Thanks for the fast reply!

Basically top 4 get to keep ONE player for next season. I'm 5th out of 12, there's no limit to how long you can keep that player. and ya Vanek, joe are mine. and here is how the point system works:

Goals (G) 3
Assists (A) 2
Plus/Minus (+/-) 1
Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.5
Powerplay Points (PPP) 1
Shorthanded Points (SHP) 2
Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1
Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.2
Hits (HIT) 0.25
Blocks (BLK) 0.25
Alex116 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 10:33:48
Where are you in this league? Are you contending? If contending, don't even think about trading Vanek and Thornton (assuming these are your guys, it wasn't too clear?). If you're rebuilding, what Voracek has done this year looks good moving forward as he's only 23 or 24 i believe? A lot of other things come into play though as well. Is this a multi-cat league or just points? Do you keep all players or only protect/keep a small number? Do you have limits on how long you can keep a guy? There are so many different keeper league rules it would depend on some of this as well.

As for the second deal, i wouldn't trade Eberle for Hodgson (the picks being 6th and 8th are more or less a wash really) EVER. Eberle, and the Oilers should be very good moving forward over the next 5-6 years! Hodgson is looking good in Buffalo, but i don't see him being Eberle's equal in 3-5 years.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page