Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Calgary Flames - Lady Byng Team?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4377 Posted - 03/02/2013 : 18:49:21
Calgary has the fewest penalty minutes of any team in the NHL. The Flames? Really?

To date, Calgary has 185 penalty minutes compared to the Flyers and Leafs who have 395 and 360 minutes respectively.

Surprisingly, the NY Rangers rank second in least number of penalty minutes. Their disciplined play does not seem to translate into more wins though. (Compared to last season, where they finished in the "top" five fore penalty minutes, and their place in the standings was better than this year, so far at least.)

Getting back to the Flames, they are docile in the fighting department too. With only five fighting majors, only the Oilers (with four) have less fights. Maybe recently called up enforcer Brian McGratton will change that?

I don't believe fights correlate to wins (or changing a game's momentum necessarily), but as an FYI, Toronto leads the NHL in fighting majors (24), with the Flyers and Blue Jackets close behind (21).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/04/2013 : 08:06:51
quote:
Originally posted by Sharksfan

Good call Alex. Sestito fought McGratton in the second period

Well, it wasn't exactly a bold prediction considering both were new to their teams this past week! Often seems to be the case, they wanna show their fans what they bring! Sestito fought Saturday with Jordan Nolan at home here in Van as well. I give the slight edge in the McGratton fight to McGratton but i give Sestito credit for a good couple of fights this weekend. Will be interested to see if he can stick in the lineup for Vancouver or if he'll just be spotted in here and there?
Sharksfan Posted - 03/03/2013 : 22:49:33
Good call Alex. Sestito fought McGratton in the second period
Alex116 Posted - 03/03/2013 : 04:11:21
Wanna bet "recently recalled McGratton" fights "recently plucked off waivers "Sestito" tomorrow? (later today?)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page