Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 who gets away with this

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 03/14/2013 : 19:08:34
Since when are WWE moves considered defensive hockey?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/3/14/4106124/sidney-crosby-rock-bottomed-mark-fraser-leafs-penguins

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9848 Posted - 03/17/2013 : 10:03:11
well I agree it absolutely should have been a penalty I just dont agree with the statement that it was because Fraser has a lack of respect for Crosby. I think he lost his stick and he was trying to push Crosby off the puck and he went down. Fraser is not a goon whos out their to hurt people. I think hes a respectful player who lost his stick and made a mistake trying to still be effective on the ice. And he certainly did not pick Crosby up and "throw" him to the ice.
nuxfan Posted - 03/16/2013 : 11:46:42
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9848

Really didnt seem like a big deal to me, I dont see how this could have caused more injury than an actual hockey hit it was much softer then a full on hit.

I don't think the initial body contact is in question here, its the throwdown after the fact. The thing about ice is, its really hard and unforgiving, and doesn't yield when your head or body hits it like boards do.

Gipper, the embellishment claim is laughable. Crosby was literally thrown down to the ice by a strong hand to the chest. How do you embellish that? Crosby has been known to embellish on occasion, but this is not one of those occasions.
The_Gipper Posted - 03/16/2013 : 07:41:20
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

And please don't say both. Because if you're a hockey fan (or objective), you wouldn't make the comment that Crosby was embellishing. You're a Leafs fan, and that's fine, which is evident not only by your avatar, but your comment (complaint) on an earlier penalty given to Frattin for charging.

One doesn't excuse the other. But to the point at hand, you can't seriously be saying that Crosby should have been given a diving penalty? Really?

i was merely throwing it out there for discussion as a possibility. is there something wrong with that?
i'm a hockey fan first. and my favorite team is the Leafs, so what of it? hockey fans can't accuse Crosby of diving? why not? he's a player just like everyone else in the league. trying to draw penalties is part of the game. some embellish more then others, and some are more obvious about it then others. all i'm saying is that Crosby MAY have helped this one just a little bit. i don't see your issue here...
umteman Posted - 03/16/2013 : 05:38:19
to me, gueat 9848, the issue wasn't as much the potential of injury as the fact that Crosby had the puck and might have done something with it if he hadn't been picked up and thrown to the ice. As others have said; holding, interference, etc. And there is certainly the risk of injury anytime one is thrown down parallel to the ice so that the head can contact it.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Guest4377 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 22:10:35
And please don't say both. Because if you're a hockey fan (or objective), you wouldn't make the comment that Crosby was embellishing. You're a Leafs fan, and that's fine, which is evident not only by your avatar, but your comment (complaint) on an earlier penalty given to Frattin for charging.

One doesn't excuse the other. But to the point at hand, you can't seriously be saying that Crosby should have been given a diving penalty? Really?
Guest4377 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 21:48:00
Gipper - are you a hockey fan or a Leafs fan?
Alex116 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 08:59:49
IMO, that's not embelishment at all. What i see is a 6'4" / 220 pound defenseman use his superior upper body strength to throw Crosby to the ice. It's a definite "pendulum" motion as he takes Crosby's upper body out and that naturally causes the feet to be swept out from under him. It's strength that allows him to do this. A very important point that you need to keep in mind and it's why i am shocked there was no penalty, is that Fraser had just lost his stick. He had nothing in his hands except for Sidney Crosby!!! Definite penalty in my mind!

I fully understand the point that FER made regarding the lack of respect. This is very dangerous as Crosby's head could have easily smashed into the ice as a result of this "throw down".

What bothers me most about this is that had Crosby been hurt, in particular concussed, due to this, there'd be a suspension. But because of the result we did get, a very fortunate one i might add, there's not a peep about it from the league. We always hear about the dangers of a slew foot and how a similar result to what i alluded to could occur, yet this is almost the same thing, only the offender in this case was strong enough to get the same result just by using his upper body strength.
The_Gipper Posted - 03/15/2013 : 08:43:38
does anyone think there may have been a bit of embellishment on the part of Crosby? take a look again. was Fraser the one who swung his leg way up in the air, which is what caused him to go horizontal?

having said that i am surprised there wasn't a penalty called.

however at the same time, the "charging" penalty given to Frattin earlier in the game was an embarrassment to referees across the league.

so in the end, they cancel each other out.

Guest9848 Posted - 03/15/2013 : 06:19:29
Really didnt seem like a big deal to me, I dont see how this could have caused more injury than an actual hockey hit it was much softer then a full on hit.
n/a Posted - 03/15/2013 : 04:35:15
Definitely a penalty not called there. Holding/interference for sure, potentially a roughing call.

One of the benefits of playing on home ice is, generally, the pendulum swings your way most of the time on calls/non-calls.

Still didn't help the Leafers enough, unfortunately.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/14/2013 : 22:07:43
That looks like a hockey play to me!!! You must still be on crack!!

I alluded to players' lack of respect for each other in another thread, and here is another shining example.

Not only a player who, everyone who has heard of hockey knows, is now considered a concussion risk, but also, arguably the best player in the game today, and what does Mark, 'The Rock(that sits on his shoulders)' Fraser do? Slams him to the ice backwards, with what could be easily construed as intent to injure.

Brilliant.

The only thing worse, was the no penalty call, I saw holding, interference, roughing, unsportsmanlike, just to name the obvious ones.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page