Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Biggest Disappointment for Poolies?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 03/17/2013 : 23:42:27
Who has been the biggest disappointment for fantasy poolies so far this year?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/28/2013 : 05:51:00
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2332

all the rookies. It seems they started off great (probably because they had been playing while the majority of the other players were not).

huberdeau, tarasenko, granlund, grigorenko, d. hamilton, galchenyuk, gallgher, kreider

these guys all started off looking pretty good but really cooled off lately.
- grigorenko has been sent back to junior
- granlund has been sent to the AHL

I have Huberdeau, and have been very, very pleased with him as a pick. Couldn't have hoped for anything better.

Picked him up in the 4th round of the "re-draft" (we have 8 keepers, then redraft all unprotected and available players), and he's my 12th best player in terms of points. He's the top rookie point getter in my pool (goals count for two points, and he's tied with Conacher who no one picked up). And most importantly, he's having the kind of season where I will have no problem at all having him as a keeper, and looking forward to him being one for a while as a very very good player, with 80/90 pt potential I'd wager.

What's to be disappointed about? I'm ecstatic!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 03/27/2013 : 10:59:22
I don't know how a rookie could be considered a disappointment, especially some of those you listed. It's not often a rookie has a huge impact on pools so unless you're in an extremely deep pool, you should look back over the years and realize that they can't be relied on often enough to take a gamble on.

Now, if you picked Yakupov and expected 55 points (pro-rated to 82 game sched), i could see you being a little disappointed. BUT, what were you expecting from guys like Granlund, Grigorenko, Gallagher, etc???
Guest2332 Posted - 03/27/2013 : 09:55:55
all the rookies. It seems they started off great (probably because they had been playing while the majority of the other players were not).

huberdeau, tarasenko, granlund, grigorenko, d. hamilton, galchenyuk, gallgher, kreider

these guys all started off looking pretty good but really cooled off lately.
- grigorenko has been sent back to junior
- granlund has been sent to the AHL
Guest4267 Posted - 03/27/2013 : 05:20:10
Brian campbell, his +/- is killing me. I expected at least a little more from Mikael Granlund too
Guest2977 Posted - 03/25/2013 : 13:09:15
Ryan Miller is the biggest dissapoinment by far
Pasty7 Posted - 03/23/2013 : 09:41:47
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I would say RNH has been the biggest disappointment overall (I don't have him, btw). He would have been that one young Oiler I would have been all over if available, and I had him pegged as a future top 5 in the league guy.

When a poolie has a young guy who scores above a .8/g rate in his rookie year, and that kid looks like a superstar and gets better and better as the year progresses . . . the expectation is that he actually gets better. He has been extremely disappointing so far though.

The guy who has most disappointed on my own hockey pool team?
Ryan Kesler. And hey - I knew he was injured and was only slated to come back a couple of months into a REGULAR season, but it's been everything - he comes back almost two months later than he was at first supposed to; he looked terrible / not himself when back; then he's out again. And I picked him early in our keeper league where each of us already has a team starting from 8 kept players.

Others not mentioned that have been busts this year:
Tyler Myers on D
Kris Kreider as a rookie
Martin Havlat
Brent Burns (d)

the 2 guys holding me back this year are RNH and Clowe, with just 9 assists Clowe hurts this season, yeah he is not a 70 pt player but you should be able to count on at least 45 points from him

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Guest4072 Posted - 03/23/2013 : 05:45:54
Tyler Myers is a bust offensively forever!

Don't pick him in a pool. He is tall and its just it!
n/a Posted - 03/21/2013 : 05:29:22
I would say RNH has been the biggest disappointment overall (I don't have him, btw). He would have been that one young Oiler I would have been all over if available, and I had him pegged as a future top 5 in the league guy.

When a poolie has a young guy who scores above a .8/g rate in his rookie year, and that kid looks like a superstar and gets better and better as the year progresses . . . the expectation is that he actually gets better. He has been extremely disappointing so far though.

The guy who has most disappointed on my own hockey pool team?
Ryan Kesler. And hey - I knew he was injured and was only slated to come back a couple of months into a REGULAR season, but it's been everything - he comes back almost two months later than he was at first supposed to; he looked terrible / not himself when back; then he's out again. And I picked him early in our keeper league where each of us already has a team starting from 8 kept players.

Others not mentioned that have been busts this year:
Tyler Myers on D
Kris Kreider as a rookie
Martin Havlat
Brent Burns (d)

Guest9831 Posted - 03/21/2013 : 00:56:17
quick is 10-8-2 right now with a .892 sv% and a 2.56 GAA in 22GP and 1 SO. compare it to last year with him having 10 SOs, .929sv% and a 1.95 GAA and a 35-21-13 record in 69 GP. I'd consider the face he's not even pulling a .900 sv% a disappointment. think about how much better LA would be if he found his game fully again. Yes I know he had a slow start but this is turning into his worst statistical season in his career. I would consider that a disappointment. 2 other people i see are Drew Doughty and Joe Pavelski. Giroux had a week or two where he was showing his stuff pretty well. Drew Doughty's offensive fall is kind of reminding me of Phaneuf's fall while he was in Calgary.....
Alex116 Posted - 03/20/2013 : 08:27:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9831

Johnathan Quick. Until recently has been bringing up the rear in my pool. Took a full month to actually catch up to the amount of points I've gotten from Craig Anderson.

Depending on your pool scoring, he can't be considered anywhere close to as disappointing as some of these others. Of course, you appear to be answering it as "YOUR" biggest disappointment. If you don't "own" any of the others, safe to say this works for you but i think the question was more along the lines of "in general", who has been the biggest disappointment for poolies this year?

Also, Quick's numbers aren't that bad. Sure he started slow, but the little streak that LA has been on has got him back at least within reason, of where he should be expected to be, no?
Guest9831 Posted - 03/20/2013 : 07:24:47
Johnathan Quick. Until recently has been bringing up the rear in my pool. Took a full month to actually catch up to the amount of points I've gotten from Craig Anderson.
Alex116 Posted - 03/19/2013 : 11:34:02
Gipper......Doughty is a great pick! It's amazing that his offensive game has fallen off the map as bad as it has. It can't just be the team's early struggles either as Voynov has really stepped up his offensive game this season.

The guest's pick of Gaborik is another good one! I read an article last night about how Torts is ruining him with the way he's played him AND that he may be wanting out of NY. There's a rumour apparently floating around that he's already given a list of 10 teams he won't accept a trade to (i'm guessing he must have some sort of limited NTC?).

As a Canucks fan, and poolie who doesn't own him, Patrick Kane is my biggest disappointment.
Guest4129 Posted - 03/19/2013 : 08:57:56
For all those picking karrlson, what about Spezza?
Guest2393 Posted - 03/19/2013 : 07:02:11
Marion gaborik
The_Gipper Posted - 03/19/2013 : 05:38:46
i'm going with the "Other" option and will say Drew Doughty. he's currently bringing up the rear of my pool with a whopping 11 assists.
Guest9053 Posted - 03/19/2013 : 05:11:33
Don't see why Karlsson wouldn't count. I don't blame the guy, but it's still disappointing and one of the reasons I'm doing very poorly in my pool. I'd have been mocked if I had picked almost anyone else mentioned in this thread instead of him but I also likely would have been better off in point totals.

Is it bad luck? Of course. It's also extremely disappointing as a poolie, particularly since he's not an injury prone player thus far. That factors into the picks too to mitigate potential losses, but you just never know.
Guest4377 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 18:24:27
Fair enough to state that RNH is playing well defensively, but the topic is "biggest disappointment for poolies."

You can't argue the fact that RNH's point production is lower than expected.
Guest4129 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 18:15:38
I got Crosby 4th overall. Unfortunately I also took B.Richards in the 3rd round and L.Erikkson in the 6th round. I'm in third place right now 18 points back. Also took a shot in the dark with J.Tlusty for my last pick (13th). Thanks Bob Mckenzie. Lol
Also I wouldn't pick Nuge as the biggest disappointment. Although he is slacking from last years PPG total he is only second year in and in the offseason talk was there with his game changing to become a more defensive player. Still a disappointment but when you look at the other options that have been solid point producers for years and now are floating around .60!!! Ouch
Guest4383 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 18:11:04
thats nuge i'm talking about by the way
Guest4383 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 18:10:16
i agree that he hasn't done what he should be doing but he is playing a more defensive game and is always pairedagainst the top line of the other team
Guest0149 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 12:59:29
Henrik Lundqvist by far!
Guest4178 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 12:30:11
Eric Cole may have the biggest drop in points-per-game average for any player who played a full season last season, and who has played every game this season.

Last season, Cole tallied 61 points in 82 games (.74 ppg), and so far this season, he has 7 points in 26 games (.26 ppg).

That's a drop of a 1/2 point per game, or to put it another way, Cole is producing points at a 1/3 of the rate he did last season. Is there another player who has slipped so much?

Cole was traded for Michael Ryder a few weeks ago, and since the trade, Cole has delivered a grand total of one point in seven games played for the Stars.

Meanwhile, Michael Ryder has nine points in eight games for the Habs.
@valanche Posted - 03/18/2013 : 12:18:21
Lundqvist has been average with no shutouts, I bet a lot of people had higher expectations for Jason Garisson after he signed his contract albeit his play has gotten better recently. I voted RNH

66 is > than 99
Beans15 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 11:26:40
I had first pick in my draft and took Crosby in a heart beat. Paying off in spades and am leading my draft, not only because of Crosby but also so other wise choice. That said, Eric Cole is a huge bust. Other than his time in Edmonton and a few injury shortened season, he was been a look for 50-60 pts a year. He is the one grunt on my team.

Nuge has also been disappointing. It's surprising as his line-mates are not doing poorly. He played the start of the year with Hall and Eberle, with Hall hovering around a PPG. Eberle is also slightly underperforming in comparison to last year. However, both Eberle and Hall have produced as have guys like Justin Shultz on the PP, but the Nuge has been relatively silent. Still an excellent player with a very bright future but I also expected more out of him.
Guest4178 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 11:09:35
I think RNH is the biggest disappointment with the list provided.

Statistically (which is how pools are measured), he went from .84 points per game last season (52 points in 62 games) to .41 points per game this season. (11 points in 27 games so far this season.)

While there are many examples of rookies who suffer a "sophomore jinx," most rookies improve in their second season in NHL. And it's rare for a highly touted rookie (first overall pick) to go from .84 ppg to .41 ppg in their second season.

As for Henrik Sedin, I'm not sure why he's on this list? He was a ppg player last season (81 points in 82 games), and he's the same this season (26 points in 27 games). Unless your pool treats goals differently (he's down from 14 goals to 7 goals, but up in assists), he's not really a disappointment.

As for Karlsson, I agree that with Guest 9848. You can't blame him for being injured, or for someone picking him. That's just a bad luck pick.

Here's how the other listed players measure up, in comparing last season's points per game averages with this season:

Giroux: 1.21 ppg to .90 ppg (-.31 ppg)
Eberle: .97 ppg to .71 ppg (-.26 ppg)
Eriksson: .87 ppg to .63 ppg (-.24 ppg)
Richards: .80 ppg to .60 ppg (-.20 ppg)
Briere: .70 ppg to .52 ppg (-.18 ppg)
Iginla: .82 ppg to .73 ppg (-.9 ppg)

I had the fourth overall pick in my pool, and I picked Giroux (and Eriksson later on), but still lead my pool.

In another thread, someone mentioned that their pool had Sidney Crosby available at the fourth overall pick. I would have loved to be in that pool!
Guest4500 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 10:14:15
I expected a lot more from Brad Richards

Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 08:44:59
I voted the Nuge. After a Calder worthy rookie campaign, i expected much more out of this guy. Loads of talent on the offensive side of the Oilers, no lack of ice-time, great individual skill and just 11pts thus far??? Ouch.......
Guest9851 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 07:52:11
Travis Zajac.
Guest9848 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 06:15:18
I dont think Karlason counts as its not his fault hes not performing.
Guest9053 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 05:07:15
Karlsson. Expecting 45ish points, get 10.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page