Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 10 Game Winning Streak

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 03/19/2013 : 20:32:15
The streak is now into double digits - 10 games. What can you say - Woo Hoo!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4178 Posted - 03/22/2013 : 12:35:26
To be clear, I meant the last time Crosby went more than two games in a row without a point goes back to 2009.

Guest4178 Posted - 03/22/2013 : 12:33:25
I remember lots of people saying that Claude Giroux was a better player than Crosby toward the end of last season. And in particular, just after the Flyers eliminated the Penguins in the first round of the playoffs.

Giroux tallied 17 points in 10 playoff games, but despite his prowess, the Flyers lost to the Devils in the second round of the playoffs.

Giroux is a great player, and he was better than Crosby in the first round of the playoffs last year, but one needs to look at a wider body of work before making a comment that Giroux is better than Crosby.

That's almost (emphasis on almost) like saying Sam Gagner was/is the best player in the NHL last season, after he scored 8 points in one game. Yes, for one game, Gagner was a superstar, but Crosby is always a superstar.

Here's an interesting fact about Crosby, and it relates to his consistency. The last time he went more than two games without a point goes back to 2009. You would be hard-pressed to find any player who has done this for even one season.
Beans15 Posted - 03/22/2013 : 12:00:07
These team seems to never have all of their guys health at the same time. I know this is not abnormal for any team but I would be curious to see how many games in the past 3 seasons where Malkin, Crosby, Letang, and Fleury were all healthy. I bet the number would surprise people.

I would also like to note to all those people that figured Crosby would never be the same after his injury issues, Crosby is producing at the highest rate of his career.

Got anything to say now???
n/a Posted - 03/21/2013 : 05:31:55
It's impressive indeed, 3 years in a row to have a ten game winning streak each year. Amazing.

It really speaks to how when Fleury in goal is playing well, and when Crosby and/or Malkin are at top-flite performance . . . they really can become unstoppable for a period of time. With Letang out and Malkin out, for me, this is probably even more impressive.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 03/20/2013 : 08:28:59
Very surprised when i heard this on the radio this morning. Sure, the OT / shootout games have helped, but i'm surprised the Oilers, Isles and Canadien's dynasties of the past never accmomplished this!
umteman Posted - 03/20/2013 : 06:32:56
I just read that on the Pen's website. I din't know that yesterday.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Pasty7 Posted - 03/20/2013 : 04:43:43
First NHL team ever to have a 10 game winning streak 3 years in a row!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page