Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 chasing history

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 03/29/2013 : 06:50:57
With last nights win the Pens are only three short of tying the 1992-93 teams single season record of 17 straight wins. I can't remember now if any of the wins in the current streak came in overtime or shoot outs, but equaling or surpassing that team by any means is impressive as I have always considered that second Stanley Cup team the best Penguins team ever.

How good do you suppose the present squad is compared to those early '90's Penguins?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Statman Posted - 03/29/2013 : 13:15:56
Overtime wins are still legit. They've had them in the NHL for years, including during the time of the Pens' original record. It's just those darn shootouts that mess with the stats as they would have been ties under the old system.
Guest2741 Posted - 03/29/2013 : 11:38:24
dear Alex116, 2 of the wins came in ot
Alex116 Posted - 03/29/2013 : 09:42:00
Don't have time to look up the details, but i thought i heard somewhere that this current streak was all regulation wins? No OT's and no SO's? If that's the case, that's arguably more impressive than the Hawks streak earlier this season.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page