Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Longest continuous play without whistle?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7088 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 10:57:34

Hi folks,

Just curious if anyone knows what is the longest time played without a whistle in the NHL is. I've tried a few sport trival books I have, and searched online without much success.

Anyone know?

Thanks
Jim Richards
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 04/04/2013 : 12:38:17
I have to say, I love it when there are no whistles. Just good up and down hockey, fast paced, shots, skating... no commercials.... :D
n/a Posted - 04/04/2013 : 05:03:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8020

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=391092

On March 27, the Maple Leafs and Bruins played a span of 11:53 without a whistle in the first period of a game at TD Banknorth Garden

This may not be the longest span to start a game, or even the longest stretch, but it was the longest I could find info on.

Holy crap, I was just going to write in that I watched a game this year with the Leafs (couldn't remember that it was the Bruins) and there was about 10 minutes without a whistle.

In my memory, I seem to remember some commentator during that stretch alluding to the fact that at some point, there had been a period played with 15 minutes or more . . . but my recollection is fuzzy.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest8020 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 23:13:27
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=391092

On March 27, the Maple Leafs and Bruins played a span of 11:53 without a whistle in the first period of a game at TD Banknorth Garden

This may not be the longest span to start a game, or even the longest stretch, but it was the longest I could find info on.
markliso Posted - 04/03/2013 : 05:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4846

9 min 58 sec

Any more info on this answer? Such as teams, when, where, playoffs/reg season, etc?
Guest4846 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 17:18:06
9 min 58 sec
Guest9731 Posted - 04/25/2009 : 19:36:58
i am also very interested. shortest period? longest?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page