Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Pominville to Minnesota

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 11:44:44
Jason Pominville to Minnesota in exhange for Jeff Hackett and Johan Larson?

Unconfirmed at this point.....

ETA.... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419779

Link says that both Hackett and Larson were removed from the ice at practice speculating that they were involved in a deal???
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/05/2013 : 08:52:58
Yup, Suter could use some help. Just like he could have on this play!

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-dan-boyle-coast-coast-vs-wild-goal-030744743--nhl.html

Man that was a beauty!

Minny is also getting very good goaltending from Backstrom, well, until last night anyway.
Beans15 Posted - 04/05/2013 : 08:41:58
I would agree with Minny being a darkhorse if their defensive group was a bit deeper and more experienced. They depends almost exclustively on Suter and although he is a workhorse, how long can he keep up those minutes?? Playoff minutes are tougher than regular season minutes.

Minny is one injury away from being a below average team and although I like Pominville, they would have been better suited to go and find a defensemen to help Suter carry the load.

n/a Posted - 04/04/2013 : 05:18:06
Solid hockey player for a very fair price. Minny is loading up, and they are (despite last night's loss) rolling.

This is the darkhorse team from the West for me. Pominville adds a real competitor, additional scoring and playmaking, and a fantastic dressing room guy to the Wild squad.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 20:44:11
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Link says that both Hackett and Larson were removed from the ice at practice speculating that they were involved in a deal???

Matt Hackett. Jeff Hackett might only be good as a goalie coach.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.

LOL, nice catch. Matt is actually Jeff's nephew! Funny part is, i often mix this name up as i have a cousin who's married to a guy named Jeff Hackett and therefore that name just comes to me!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 04/03/2013 : 18:55:16
quote:

Matt Hackett. Jeff Hackett might only be good as a goalie coach.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:30:33
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

1ST, 2nd and a 4th! Ok that is borderline crazy! Glad now my team doesnt trade there future prospects so easily.

FTR, Minny gets the 4th from Buffalo with Pominville. Still, a steep price imo.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:21:37
1ST, 2nd and a 4th! Ok that is borderline crazy! Glad now my team doesnt trade there future prospects so easily.
quote:

quote:

This is a great pickup by Minnesota and Pominville gets to play playoff hockey. I wonder why he wasn't more sought after and didn't garner more return?

"Garner more"? You obviously didn't hear the final bounty Minny sent to Buffalo. I just heard on the radio, it wasn't just Hackett and Larson, but a 1st this year AND a 2nd next year!!! I believe Minny gets a 4th next year as part of the deal as well, but if that's accurate, i can see why others might in fact have backed out on the asking price for Pominville!!!

Leafs81 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 15:55:14
Yeah it was a pretty steep price. Minnesota was willing to do it in order to make some noize in the playoffs.

I just don't think Buffalo should of got rid of their captain. None the less, glad to see him go in another division. Pominville is a great player and had good chemistry with Vanek, especially at the beginning of the year.

But Buffalo got a good return.
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 14:42:10
quote:

This is a great pickup by Minnesota and Pominville gets to play playoff hockey. I wonder why he wasn't more sought after and didn't garner more return?

"Garner more"? You obviously didn't hear the final bounty Minny sent to Buffalo. I just heard on the radio, it wasn't just Hackett and Larson, but a 1st this year AND a 2nd next year!!! I believe Minny gets a 4th next year as part of the deal as well, but if that's accurate, i can see why others might in fact have backed out on the asking price for Pominville!!!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/03/2013 : 13:54:34

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page