Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Gaborik or Brassard/Clowe

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4521 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:29:04
Why are people saying Gaborik is so good? He is not a consistent player and really they are many other players just as good as him. I think the Rangers improved greatly today with the addition of Clowe and Brassard. Those 2 players more than make up for Gabby's offense and I believe they will fit in better with the team's game plan and even excel in the playoffs. Brassard I think is very underated and has alot of skill and Clowe is a player that almost every team would want, a gritty big player that also can score in bunches.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/04/2013 : 11:12:08
Obviously the last line of the second last paragraph of Columbus having players the size of Clowe, didn't take into account he came from San Jose not Columbus. I still feel like the return for Gaborik was good.
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I was shocked by this move.

Gaborik is not only a multiple-times 40 goal scorer . . . he is also still just 31, with lots of mileage left. It's not like one year's bad stats are any kind of indication that he won't tear it up the next year.

Despite the amazing game by Clowe and Brassard last night, I still say Columbus won this hands down. They got an excellent player with the most skill of anyone they've ever had in their franchise history, well above Nash in my opinion. And they dealt a guy in Brassard who they had long enough to realise he was never gonna be that top line guy they needed. Clowe is a decent player who was obviously struggling badly, so why not move him - Columbus has enough size and grit already.

It's a sideways deal for the Rangers, IMHO, and a big win for Columbus.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Alex116 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 11:05:32
I don't exactly think it was "chump change" that the Rangers got, but agree that Gaborik was the best player. Trades are often analyzed this way but in case like this, it's fair to say that both teams addressed needs. The thing with Gaborik is, while he's "only 31", we've seen that stat (i think Slozo or Beans had a chart at one point posted) about guys who are goal scorers tending to slow down in their 30's. Gaborik could easily fall into this category and be more like the norm than like Iggy!!!

As far as the return the Rangers rec'd, Brassard and Moore are both former 1st rounders with Brassard being a 6th overall pick in 2006. Doesn't guarantee he's gonna be anything and we may have seen his best for all we know, but a decent gamble to make on NY's part. Dorsett, from what i heard on the radio this morning from someone in the CBJ organization or play by play crew (didn't catch who it was), was the toughest of the 3 to let go for the team. He's apparently a really good motivator / dressing room guy who pumped up the guys on many days with his locker room persona as well as his on ice gritty play. Teams like CBJ need these kinds of guys and he might be missed more than most realize!
nuxfan Posted - 04/04/2013 : 09:14:08
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Gaborik is not only a multiple-times 40 goal scorer . . . he is also still just 31, with lots of mileage left. It's not like one year's bad stats are any kind of indication that he won't tear it up the next year.

Hence the return that NYR got.

I think this is a good move for the Rangers - despite the fact that Gaborik is the single best player in the deal, the collection of players they got in return suit them better. Brassard is a young, strong versatile centre that has been a pretty consistent .5 PPG player since he got to the NHL (and we all know that .5 PPG with CBJ means more with a real team). Moore is a 2009 first round draft picked dman, and Dorsett is reliable plugger.

And they also get much needed cap relief - which is probably a significant part of this deal. NYR was one of the teams that I thought was going to be in serious trouble either this summer or next. Even with Gaborik off the books, and Clowe's contract done, they are going to struggle. 14M to sign 7 players, but Stepan, Hagelin, McDonaugh are 3 of them (all coming off EL deals), and they wlil have to either resign Clowe or find another top-6 winger to take his place. That could chew up 14M alone...
n/a Posted - 04/04/2013 : 05:26:25

Despite the amazing game by Clowe and Brassard last night, I still say Columbus won this hands down. They got an excellent player with the most skill of anyone they've ever had in their franchise history, well above Nash in my opinion. And they dealt a guy in Brassard who they had long enough to realise he was never gonna be that top line guy they needed. Clowe is a decent player who was obviously struggling badly, so why not move him - Columbus has enough size and grit already.

It's a sideways deal for the Rangers, IMHO, and a big win for Columbus.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest4521 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 18:09:55
Make that 3 pts each now, both have sparked Boyle, if he gets going he is dangerous. Rangers have 3 Solid lines now.
@valanche Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:33:14
Ya it's easy to say now that they are up 3-0 on the penguins, Clowe scored his first goal really quickly too. That being said New York made some great moves and didn't give up Much. Maybe a new start will be good for Gaborik but it wasnt working in New York anymore.

66 is > than 99
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:32:16
Clowe has his 1st of the year and 1st of his Rangers tenure already, along with 1 helper. Brassard is not only playing in NY already (musta caught a quick flight outta CBJ), he too is on the board with 1 assist!

ETA.....Moore appears to be in the lineup tonight as well, though Dorsett is not (heard he was hurt?).

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page