Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Erat for Filip Forsberg

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 15:53:24
Washington aquired Martin Erat, who was having a bit of a slow year, along with C Michael Latta in exchange for their first round selection from 2012, Filip Forsberg!

Forsberg, though he went 11th overall in the draft due to a surprising surge of Dmen drafted, was once thought to be / projected to be a top 5 pick in that draft!

Interesting trade, and i think i like the Nashville side here better in the long run.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sahis34 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 14:17:29
Stupid move by washington giving up a top prospect for a second liner
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 20:47:16
Forsberg is not the typical Swedish forward. He's closer to Peter Forsberg than he is to say, a Sedin. What i mean is he plays a North American style game. He's got some size to go with his skill and is not afraid to play a more physical game than we've come to be used to with Euro's of the past!

I think Nashville did really well here. It was definitely a gamble worth taking as i don't think the loss of Erat will hurt them any.
@valanche Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:37:55
As an avalanche fan this makes me pretty happy. If no one recalls the pick Washington used to get forsberg was acquired from the avalanche in exchange for semyon varlamov.

Now if forsberg develops into a star I will be much happier. Nashville lost Suter for nothing last year but I think they got a great trade in this case and really made up for it.
Nothing against erat forsberg simply has much greater potential.

66 is > than 99
Guest4608 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:12:39
Hard to say how good Forsberg can be. Erat should fit in well with the caps. You gotta think that Washington will end up winning the South East so it might be a few years to see who wins this trade. (Depending on how Forsberg turns out)
Leafs81 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 15:56:37
That was a really suprising trade. I think Washington will regret this one in a few years. Dont know much about Latta though.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page