Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Derek Roy to the Canucks

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 09:57:02
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/04/02/sp-nhl-dallas-stars-vancouver-canucks-derek-roy.html

Derek Roy to Vancouver
for
2nd round pick and a prospect believe to be Kevin Connauton (D) as per Bob Mackenzie
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 14:40:01
Isnt' anything below 50% kinda bad? I've never looked closely at the FO% stats for an avg C, but i'd think you should be able to win half your draws and anything more would put you above avg no? Is 47% good???
nuxfan Posted - 04/04/2013 : 14:18:40
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

As badly as Gillis did in the Luongo situation, I have to give him credit for a great pick-up here. Roy has 70, 80 point potential, and with a new, good team, should be just what the doctor ordered for the Canucks.

I personally think his 70+pt days are behind him, but if i'm wrong, i'll be happy (if the Canucks resign him).

I think they are too. But what is not behind him is his faceoff % (currently 47%) and his ability to be effective on the PP. VAN is missing both of these things, and depth at the FO in particular
Alex116 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 11:07:15
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

As badly as Gillis did in the Luongo situation, I have to give him credit for a great pick-up here. Roy has 70, 80 point potential, and with a new, good team, should be just what the doctor ordered for the Canucks.

I personally think his 70+pt days are behind him, but if i'm wrong, i'll be happy (if the Canucks resign him).
n/a Posted - 04/04/2013 : 05:41:20

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 04/02/2013 : 22:26:23
I don't consider it a bad thing for a team to have more than one solid prospect per position...

That being said, you're right - you don't get something for nothing, and to get a player like Roy you might have to cough up a promising prospect.
Alex116 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 14:02:44
quote:
Originally posted by Statman

Sad to see Connauton go, but this is a great pickup for Vancouver. Their scoring needs a kick-start and having Roy and getting Kesler back should give the team a boost as well as get Burrows back to his normal position. We had been trying to shore up the forward depth for a while and this should help in a big way.

Keep in mind, Corrado is still there as far as back end talent and he was actually ranked one spot above Connauton on the Canucks list of future prospects (as per "Hockey's Future"). Here's what they have to say about him.......

Frank Corrado
Drafted 5th round, 150th overall, 2011

Frank Corrado is enjoying a breakout season, and his jump up the Canucks prospect ladder reflects that. Corrado made the final selection camp, and was one of the final cuts for Team Canada this past December. Corrado’s increasing stock was also evidenced by the fact that the Kitchener Rangers traded goaltender Frank Palazzese and two others to the Sudbury Wolves to obtain Corrado and Josh Leivo (TOR). So far, the trade has paid excellent dividends, with Corrado not missing a beat. In 22 games with the Rangers, he has 12 assists and boasts a plus-20 rating. A smooth skating defenseman, with a crisp, accurate first pass out of the defensive zone, Corrado is truly starting to look like a late round gem unearthed by the Canucks organization.

Would have been nice to keep Connauton, but we weren't about to get Derek Roy for free!!!
Statman Posted - 04/02/2013 : 12:47:21
Sad to see Connauton go, but this is a great pickup for Vancouver. Their scoring needs a kick-start and having Roy and getting Kesler back should give the team a boost as well as get Burrows back to his normal position. We had been trying to shore up the forward depth for a while and this should help in a big way.
Guest4672 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 12:41:50
its no rumor it is done Jagr to Boston .. Should be intresting how he do's it B Town..
nuxfan Posted - 04/02/2013 : 11:08:36
I like this deal a lot for VAN - can not have too many good centres IMO, and Roy is certainly above average. He should help the PP tremendously, and would elevate the 3rd line into a legitimate scoring threat. Immediate dividends in that he'll play second line until Kesler is ready, which means Burrows no longer has to play centre

Its a shame to lose Connaughton, I think there was room for him next season on the blueline, especially given that I think Ballard is gonzo. He's a good prospect who's NHL time has been limited by a very deep defensive group in VAN. However, overall I think VAN wins this deal hands down.
The_Gipper Posted - 04/02/2013 : 10:21:13
staying with the Dallas theme........there are also strong rumours that they have traded Jagr to Boston.
Alex116 Posted - 04/02/2013 : 10:00:32
Interesting timing, as it was announce just yesterday that Kesler could be back in a week or less? I'm guessing Gillis had been trying to get another C for awhile but i don't think Roy was really available till just recently. Apparently both him and Jagr, amongst others, were all deemed available in the last day or so?

Connauton was one of the top D prospects that Vancouver has but they are fairly deep as far as 2-way dmen go in their system so i guess he was expendable.

ETA....Apparently Booth's LTIR cap relief made this deal possible as Roy is a 4M hit. He's also a UFA after this season so he could end up being a straight up rental unless the Canucks bring him back?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page