Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 If not Crosby.....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 04/09/2013 : 12:57:13
IF Crosby doesn't win the Hart Trophy this season, who will be the winner?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 08:21:22
Beans, great point with Suter! He's been amazing after a bit of a slow start that was likely an adjustment period. Gotta be a finalist for sure and maybe the winner of the Norris this year? My guess would be Suter, Subban and OEL as final 3. Subban's offensive numbers are pretty impressive but his missing games at the start could have an affect on voters?
Beans15 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 07:57:41
Stamkos not getting much love?? What about Getzlaf and the turn around in Anaheim?? What about outside guys like Ryan Suter or Nabokov??

The short season makes for some interesting possibilities.

I still like Crosby, as long as he plays in at least a few of the final few games. Considering he was out for the majority of the last 2 seasons to come back and have his best PPG seasons?? You can't deny the 15-0 month of March the Penguins had and Crosby's game not only was a huge hand in that but has anyone noticed his linemates are both having career seasons??

I thin Ovechkin coming on later in the season brings his name into the mix and the 3rd nominee could be any one of around 10 players. I still can't see how you don't give it to Crosby. But to answer the question, I would go with Ovechkin.
Alex116 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 07:34:25
Slozo, who do you think the 3 finalists will be then? Crosby, Tavares and OV? I agree, and in fact mentioned, that Kane and Toews both having great years could affect them both in a negative sort of way. If Getzlaf hadn't missed this small stretch of 3 or 4 games, i think he had a shot as a finalist. Either way, i have a feeling Crosby will be back to play the last couple games and win this thing anyway!

I don't like the idea of 2 Harts. I get where you're coming from but to do this for 1 season due to the lockout i think is not necessary. Let's face it, the teams all play unbalanced sched's every season as compared to other teams. Never will Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin play the exact same sched (unless they become team mates i suppose?). It's always skewed somewhat.
n/a Posted - 04/11/2013 : 04:40:18
Toews will not get close to sniffing the Hart (in voting) because of Kane, and because of the fact that he has zero hype.

Tavares . . . who I would put ahead of Toews, FYI . . . I think has a chance - but three things would have to happen:
1) Ovie cools off immediately
2) Crosby stays out for rest of the season
3) Tavares gets very hot AND his Isles make the playoffs

One or two is quite possible; all three (and let's face it, the third one is really two parts)? Unlikely.

To me though, if I were voting . . . at this point, I put Tavares ahead of Ovechkin. He unfortunately plays in a dead market, in the Atlantic division where players from Philly and Pittsburgh of course will all get way more press than he does. And that's unfortunate, because he is really an awesome player, definitely top three in my mind.

On a side note,
With both conferences only playing within their own conference . . . doesn't it seem unfair to only have 1 Hart trophy based on a regular season where it's almost like two seperate leagues? In baseball, they do this fairly by having a national and american mvp . . . honestly, for this season, the NHL should really do the same.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 04/10/2013 : 08:46:39
I'm a little surprised i'm the only one picking Toews. I too think OV could steal it as long as he plays the final 10 games the way he has the past 10 or so but if he doesn't, i think Toews surprises a few people and grabs it, along with the Selke.

Everyone is focussed on Kane in Chicago, but Toews has quietly had one of his best years yet. He's only 6 points back of Kane but is the heart and soul of the Blackhawks team. He's a shoo-in to be a Selke finalist and probably the winner as he's such an all around complete player. Kane and Toews are very even in a lot of the stats and that may make it difficult for voters, but he's def in the mix in my opinion.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/10/2013 : 08:27:50
I voted Tavares, based soley on the fact the NYI have no right to be in a playoff position. The Heart and Soul of that team is resting on Tavares, whereas Washington has better parts and pieces surrounding Ovechkin. Taking nothing away from Ovechkin, as if he won if ahead of Crosby or Tavares, I wouldn't be too upset and am quite happy he is scoring again.
n/a Posted - 04/10/2013 : 04:29:04
Ovechkin is really the story of the second half, last third of the season here. He's been absolutely smoking hot, and the Washington Capitals who were "done" in January are now firmly in a playoff spot. He has really taken the Caps and put them on his back (with a tip of the hat to Backstrom and Green and Holtby).

I don't like Crosby's chances at this point to rejoin the Pens in enough time for him to get the Hart. Maybe the last game of the season, maybe . . . but I see them REALLY taking their time with him as in the past - my guess is second game of the playoffs. We've seen this story before . . . Crosby gets badly injured, looks to be making a quick recovery, timeline lengthened, then shortened, then . . . a period of waiting while nothing changes, then we go past the time everyone thought he'd be back by . . . then he comes back suddenly.

We HAVE seen this movie before. It's a good one! It's got a big down, then an up, then a down, then a big up . . . then, the suspense is built up . . . and just when we start not to care anymore, it's a big finish

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
markliso Posted - 04/10/2013 : 04:04:54
I like Ovi's chances. Mainly because since he started to show he cared on the ice, since he started to play with HEART (get it), he has really changed the caps performance around him as well. He is being the leader and the captain they need. I find watching Ovi play right now looks to be of so much more passion, leadership, and excitement, just like when he came into the league. I don't know what he has done to find it or finally matured out of his drama queen/princess stage, but I like what I am finally seeing of him this year. and NOT just because of the numbers he is posting, he is inspiring the team around him and lifting them to a possible division title. That right there to me explains what an MVP should do for his team.
Alex116 Posted - 04/09/2013 : 13:06:32
I'm assuming that if Crosby makes it back into the Pens lineup before the end of the season, which it's beginning to sound like he will, he'll win. However, if he doesn't, he'll have missed 12 of 48 games (25%) this year. Apparently, the last player to win the Hart trophy while playing in 85% or less of his team's games was Mario Lemieux in '95/'96 when he played 70 games and amassed 69G and 92A (161pts / 2.3PPG).

In this shortened season, it could very well play out differently and Crosby could still win without making a return till the playoffs but if he doesn't, it's wide open. Stamkos doesn't appear to be playoff bound, something that is widely considered a must for a Hart winner, Ovechkin's on fire right now though he started slow. Kane and Toews could steal votes from one another. Getzlaf has missed the last 3 games with a "lower body injury" that no one seems to know the level of seriousness about. Tavares, very quietly, has put up great numbers on a team that has long been near the bottom of the heap but could still sneak into the dance. Bobrovsky is doing everything he can to get the Blue Jackets into the playoffs, but is probably considered a long shot?

Who do you think could sneak in and steal Sid's hardware?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page