Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ross and Richard

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 04/21/2013 : 08:19:15
Right now Crosby still leads the league in points with 56, but it seems he will be out for the remainer of the regular season and return for the playoffs. This leaves a certain to be fun to follow race for the scoring trophies.

Ovechkin leads with 30 goals and the way he has been scoroing in bunches seems almost certain to take home the Richard, but Stamkos, who may be the most leathal sniper in the game today is only 3 goals behind Ovie. The difference in points between the two is even closer with Stamkos at 53 and Alex at 51.

Considering the slow start Ovechkin got off to it would be quite impressive if he were to win both the Ross and the Richard which is well within reason. Though if I were to pick now I would say Ovechkin gets the Richard with the Ross going to Stamkos.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/24/2013 : 09:18:18
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

I'm left wondering if there has ever been a case of a player winning both the Ross and Richard in the same season and not being awarded the Hart. That player would certainly be the odds on favorite for the Hart anyway.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

That's exactly my thinking with giving Ovechkin the Hart at this point . . . together with him helping to suddenly propel Washington from oblivion into a team no one wants to face in the playoffs . . . seems like it should be his.

But does Crosby come back for one game? Will the voters think more about how dominant Crosby was when he was playing? Does Pittsburgh's great run AFTER he was out take away from Crosby's awesome production?

Many arguments for and against . . . it's pretty tough, but for myself, I'd lean slightly towards Ovechkin here.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 04/23/2013 : 13:01:47
I'm left wondering if there has ever been a case of a player winning both the Ross and Richard in the same season and not being awarded the Hart. That player would certainly be the odds on favorite for the Hart anyway.

n/a Posted - 04/22/2013 : 05:03:46
I think Ovie has the Richard already . . . he'll score at least another goal in the last three games, likely 2. Stamkos has been a bit quiet of late.

I think the Art Ross is the most interesting of races . . . I think it could be a toal toss up in terms of how Stamkos, St Louis, Ovechkin and Kane compete in the last 4 games. I almost have to give a slight edge to St. Louis . . . with the 2nd most likely as Ovechkin. But it's really down to the wire, and probably will go down to the last day.

It's a very good chance then I think that Ovechkin gets both. And if that's the case . . . we might as well give him the Hart too, no?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 04/22/2013 : 01:57:32
Right now he is only one point behind Crosby but out of the running for the Richard and so I didn't include him in the above discussion as I was pointing out that two guy have a shot at taking home both trophies. Anyone know who the oldest to win either was?

ryan93 Posted - 04/21/2013 : 18:31:26
I'm hoping Martin St.Louis wins the Art Ross. At 37 years old, I would have to assume he would become the oldest to ever do so?? What a player!
umteman Posted - 04/21/2013 : 11:07:15
It is worth mentioning that neither will reach Crosby's season PPG average of over 1.5. Also Stamkos has 4 games remaining while Ovechkin has only 3 yet to play.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page