Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Compelling Playoff Match-ups!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/22/2013 : 11:00:37
As the playoffs approach, which POTENTIAL playoff match-up has you salivating the most for exciting, high-end hockey!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 09:19:34

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Alex116 Posted - 04/26/2013 : 09:06:00
Joshua....how in the world can you say this:
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA
The only team I wouldn't want to face 1st round would be Boston at this point.

......and follow it with this:
quote:

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "

You're not making any sense!

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/26/2013 : 08:27:15
I know this might be me as a Senator's fan, looking at his teams success against Washington this season 3-0 and hoping for a matchup next week, but last nights game was chippy, gritty and a rough. Definatley seemed like a playoff game. Ovechkin had a highlight reel goal, Riberio and Neil both being at there agrivating bests, the Karlsson effect was evadent, both goalies played well and the flow seemed good even though the score was only 2-1 in overtime. I wouldn't mind this matchup either and would see the headline of "the Battle of nations Capitals". The only team I wouldn't want to face 1st round would be Boston at this point.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/25/2013 : 17:49:42
Karlsson is playing tonight and received an assist. No word on Spezza, as far as game shape, but as a Sens fan lovin it.

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I think you have me, JOSHUACANADA . . . yeah, with the recent history with Cooke and Karlsson, ESPECIALLY if somehow Karlsson gets back in a game at the very end of the series!

And the star power of Pittsburgh cannot be denied anyways, it'll be american TV's first pick to broadcast the Pens games anyways with Crosby, Malkin, and now Iginla there. And Ottawa will be as big an underdog as a team could be at this point . . . harder to think of a potentially more dramatic upset in the history of hockey if it were to happen (based on record, players in the line-up). And all that said . . . everyone always sells Ottawa short, and I honestly think they will be an extremely tough out, I could easily see a 6 or 7 game series happen.

Talking about all these match-ups,
what is wrong with the West? None of us seem excited about their match-ups . . . is it because we know it's gonna be 2-1 games across the board, with tight checking, physical, grinding games, save for that exciting Chicago team (and perhaps Vancouver at times)?

Alex116 Posted - 04/25/2013 : 09:20:43
I think the two potential series that could be interesting out west would be Chicago / Detroit and Vancouver / LA. Neither is guaranteed and it's more likely that Vancouver would face SJ butt the potential first round matchup / rematch from last year would be intriguing, though maybe not too entertaining? Right now, StL has 2 games left (Cal & Chi) and trails both SJ and LA by a point. Assuming they get at least a couple points in their final two, it would come down to San Jose IN Los Angeles, to see who finishes in 5th/6th. If Van does end up with SJ which apparently the odds are slightly in favour of, that would leave an LA / StL matchup that could see very few goals.

Det still must hold onto 8th to earn the right to face the President's trophy winners though they also could surpass a suddenly struggling Wild team for 7th and avoid Chicago? I guess if Columbus can squeeze in, then anyone they play could be an interesting matchup, only if BOB can steal one of the first two games on the road. Either way, just to see CBJ back in the playoffs would be fun.
n/a Posted - 04/25/2013 : 07:27:04
I think you have me, JOSHUACANADA . . . yeah, with the recent history with Cooke and Karlsson, ESPECIALLY if somehow Karlsson gets back in a game at the very end of the series!

And the star power of Pittsburgh cannot be denied anyways, it'll be american TV's first pick to broadcast the Pens games anyways with Crosby, Malkin, and now Iginla there. And Ottawa will be as big an underdog as a team could be at this point . . . harder to think of a potentially more dramatic upset in the history of hockey if it were to happen (based on record, players in the line-up). And all that said . . . everyone always sells Ottawa short, and I honestly think they will be an extremely tough out, I could easily see a 6 or 7 game series happen.

Talking about all these match-ups,
what is wrong with the West? None of us seem excited about their match-ups . . . is it because we know it's gonna be 2-1 games across the board, with tight checking, physical, grinding games, save for that exciting Chicago team (and perhaps Vancouver at times)?

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/24/2013 : 17:59:27
Heard he was skating and working out but not participating in practice or contact drills yet. Dont know if he is ready yet.
Alex116 Posted - 04/24/2013 : 15:02:13
quote:

Currently Ottawa is in 8th with a potential matchup with Pittsburg, who is considered the favorite to win now. Based on the current grudge Ottawa has against Pittsburg and Cooke in particular, it would be a fast paced hard hitting series between the Senators and the Penguins. Think it would be a harder sell, but if Karlsson is ready, the remainder of the lineup is playing now in Ottawa and Spezza is back soon. This could be a great series, especially if Crosby, Malkin, Letang and company aren't 100%

Joshua.....what's the word on Spezza anyway? I couldn't find anything saying he'd be back soon and read one report, albeit from a few weeks ago, that said he experienced a set back in his effort to return? Is he expected back for the start of the playoffs???
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/24/2013 : 10:52:12
Currently Ottawa is in 8th with a potential matchup with Pittsburg, who is considered the favorite to win now. Based on the current grudge Ottawa has against Pittsburg and Cooke in particular, it would be a fast paced hard hitting series between the Senators and the Penguins. Think it would be a harder sell, but if Karlsson is ready, the remainder of the lineup is playing now in Ottawa and Spezza is back soon. This could be a great series, especially if Crosby, Malkin, Letang and company aren't 100%
The_Gipper Posted - 04/24/2013 : 09:57:29
one series i would not watch would be Bruins vs. Rangers. two teams that play a defensive style; are good at blocking shots (especially the Rangers); and have solid goaltending.
in other words......BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRINGGGGGG!!!!

Caps vs. Isles and Leafs vs. Habs would be the two i'd watch in the East.

In the West I wouldn't mind seeing a Kings vs. Blues match up. fast paced, hard hitting, work it to the bone type hockey.
Guest2302 Posted - 04/24/2013 : 01:51:15
Leafs hockey is so boring .. almost every game I see on TV I wana turn the dial Because leafs hockey SUCK's.. Leaf's/habs would be a snore fest.. Lets have 2 canadian team in the Cup final that would be awesome..Isnt going to happen .. IM prediciting the Caps well win the East period that team is on a Roll..........
The Duke Posted - 04/23/2013 : 16:11:17
Leafs vs Habs would be amazing !!!

Rangers - Pens would be interseting. H. Lunq could steal that series if it happens. ....imagine if M. A. Fleury plays like he did in the flyers series last season....
dgg1412 Posted - 04/23/2013 : 12:04:02
any match up that has the Jets in and the Wings out would be good.
n/a Posted - 04/23/2013 : 04:42:05
Yeah, I did forget to add that the Pens/Rangers to me has "huge upset" potential written all over it . . . unfortunately, the Rangers have moved up from 8th recently, so it may not happen. But would love to see that match-up, with the Rangers wearing the underdog jacket but certainly stacking up more like the 8th place Kings last year - it's a good team with a great goalie.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/22/2013 : 12:04:22
I picked the Leafs vs Habs. The only downside to having a 1st round matchup between the Leafs and Habs, would be that it guarantees 1 fewer canadian team in the 2nd round. Would rather see Boston play Toronto and Montreal face the Islanders in the 1st round as they match up well against each other. That would leave the Senators should they lock down 6th, facing the Capitals who they have a good record against, with Pittsburg picking up either the Rangers or in a best case scenerio, the Jets. Wouldn't it be cool to see all 4 Canadian squads in the 1st and second round with a dream matchup being Montreal vs Ottawa and Toronto vs the Jets should they underdog there way past Pittsburg, leaving an all canadian Eastern Conference Final? There should be an option for that. Very, very unlikey to happen and Bettman would likely have a heart attack should it happen. Hey, that doesn't sound so bad either.
Pasty7 Posted - 04/22/2013 : 11:47:27
Slozo i'm deffinetly on the same page as you with the Leafs Habs match up, Even though as a habs fan the leafs really really really are not the best team for them to play since they have had the blue blanc and rouge's number this season. But from an entertainment value this series has all the makeings for a good one! especially for Toronto's long awaited return to the end of season Tourny!!

Ranger and Pens will be a great one to watch aswell . I am of the firm belief that if we were playing an 82 game schedule the Rangers would be near the top of the Eastern conference. This Ranger team is very good for an 8 seed a lot like the kings of last season, this may be a great series!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 04/22/2013 : 11:06:04
Obviously, from a Leafs fan perspective . . . I'd be all over the Leafs/Habs. I mean, I'd love a Bruins match-up too, don't get me wrong, but Habs/Leafs is something special.

All that said, from a pure hockey-lover perspective? I am totally stoked for for a potential Islanders/Caps match-up. A re-invigorated Ovechkin vs the young and just as incredible Tavares and his other young sniper teammates. The Islanders are a team that could easily be primed to upset someone I think, and to see young star Tavares in the playoffs for the very first time should be great for him and the game.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page