Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 the family of the late Derek Boogaard filed a wro

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4693 Posted - 05/12/2013 : 15:56:29
Dude he was paid millions of dollars to play the game he Loved .. He took them drugs wasn't anyone else ..

Family is after Money and it makes me sick to my stomach..
it wont go any where I dont think....
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 05/13/2013 : 09:32:35
I personally believe people are accountable for their own actions and, although people shouldn't be ostracized for their mistakes, they still have to pay for them. That said, the NHL and each of their teams take part of the responsibility based on having a substance abuse program. If Boogaard was using, the league and his team have an obligation to try to help. I am not saying the NHL is completely responsible but, if he was using and there was knowledge of it, the NHL and Minnesota need to answer to their accountabilities.

The point of how much anyone makes to do whatever is irrelevant. I don't think this is a money grab at all. I think this is a family who lost their son/brother/etc and they need closure. There is nothing wrong with that.
n/a Posted - 05/13/2013 : 05:56:49
Honestly, I think the family may have a poignant point to prove.

It's why the lawsuits for many former NFLers who sustained serious brain trauma and have become severely broken down human beings have been settled out of court . . . trust me, the league doesn't want anyone to see it, but they certainly condone and nurture the whole "big gladiator culture", and they certainly are at fault if their trainers and medical staff clear players to play who shouldn't - and especially if they give them drugs to get over it in unhealthy doses that have future severe effects.

I predict a quiet settlement out of court, as the NHL will do as the NFL did. Sweep it under the rug, nothing to see here folks. Unless, of course, the family of Derek Boogaard decides not to settle, and they try to make it public. It would be nice to see, just to have a more open view of the shenanigans that go on behind the scenes . . . but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page