Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Iginla's future?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 06/08/2013 : 03:51:20
His season is finished and he will be an unrestricted free agent next month. Any speculation on his future plans? Can the Penguins sign him to a contract?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 06/10/2013 : 09:10:49
Slowing down yes but retire soon? he isn `t slowing down that much! in a full NHL season he would have been on pace for 27 goals and 62 points, also he is a notorious slow starter. His second half point are alway better than his first,

not to mention he has a dip in 09-10 to 69 points and followed it up with a 86 point season, all this while being the go to guy in Calgary,

he is only 35 and given his incredible consistency and durability its a pretty safe bet retirment is at least 4 years away if not a little furthur, and playing with the right team like Pittsburgh he is still capable of 70 plus points he showed that in the playoffs where he was over a ppg untill the colasp against the B`s

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 06/10/2013 : 08:55:16
As much as I know thousands of Oiler's fans would love an Edmonton Iginla Jersey (even if just to rub it in the nearest Flames fan's face), I don't see it happening.

He's slowing down, and he's likely considering retirement soon. I won't be surprised to see him re-sign with Pitts and try again for a cup. Failing that, maybe he ends up with one of California's NHL retirement homes.

Anaheim or San Jose anyone?
umteman Posted - 06/09/2013 : 16:52:25
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Well I really didn't think his playoff performance was that bad. Granted he was a non factor in the Boston series, but in his first 11 playoff games as a Penguin he put up 12 points. Though maybe it is now easier for the Penguins to sign him?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

My whole point was that unless he totally lit it up, there was no way he'd be looking at 7+ again unless some team gets desperate and signs him to a short term big money deal? Also, as well as he did in the first two rounds, i believe he still only scored 4 goals which isn't what the Pens were hoping for while playing with guys like Crosby and Malkin.

And this backs up what you say:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/09/iginla-open-to-re-signing-with-penguins/

Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2013 : 15:26:43
Man, would he do that to Calgary?

I think he'll look to sign in Pittsburgh and take his chances there. Wouldn't doubt he'll take a little discount to remain there in hopes that Crosby and Co. make a few changes and return to the promise land!

I wonder what the feeling was in Beantown when they swept the Pens? Didn't Iggy nix the deal to the Bruins to go to Pittsburgh??? I didn't hear of anything, but i'm sure there were fans there letting him know he made the wrong choice!!!
Pasty7 Posted - 06/09/2013 : 11:45:38
What about Edmonton?

If i'm not mistaken is he not from Edmonton?, also one of the arguments being brought forward as to why Edmonton has not taken the next step yet is their youth and lack of a physical presence in their top six. Two areas Iginla would help fix.

Seeing how Mactavish has hinted that it is time for Hemsky and Horcoff to move on wouldn't that open up a nice spot for a savy vet with a few good years left?

Iginla would bring instant leadership to a young crew and i couldn;t think of a better role model for the kids on how to handle the pressures of being a NHL superstar.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 06/09/2013 : 10:36:49
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Well I really didn't think his playoff performance was that bad. Granted he was a non factor in the Boston series, but in his first 11 playoff games as a Penguin he put up 12 points. Though maybe it is now easier for the Penguins to sign him?

My whole point was that unless he totally lit it up, there was no way he'd be looking at 7+ again unless some team gets desperate and signs him to a short term big money deal? Also, as well as he did in the first two rounds, i believe he still only scored 4 goals which isn't what the Pens were hoping for while playing with guys like Crosby and Malkin.
umteman Posted - 06/08/2013 : 16:47:46

Alex116 Posted - 06/08/2013 : 15:21:26
I'd say with the playoffs he had, his market value is def down! I believe he made 7+ this past year? I don't think he'll see much more than 4.5-5 myself, but who knows, there's always an idiot GM out there willing to overpay.
The Duke Posted - 06/08/2013 : 11:23:26
who knows ? think his marketable value just went down ?
Guest4098 Posted - 06/08/2013 : 07:20:54
Guest4627,
Do you have something against the word "will" ?
Guest4627 Posted - 06/08/2013 : 07:01:46
He well Sign in Winnipeg lol.. That would be awesome if he did But It well never Happen.....

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page