Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Kipper retiring.. Flames need a goalie..

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4674 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 10:33:35
Kipper told Finish news he was retiring from the NHL.. If that is True what does calgary do for a Goalie.??
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:47:11
Yep, offer on the table from St. Petersburg. He is an RFA so they can qualify him and I don't think he has arbitration rights yet but I could be mistaken.

Rumors are the deal from St. Petersburg, owned by the president of the KHL and a billionairre, is $8 million/season. The GM of CBJ said he will match any NHL offer but can not match the cash offered by the KHL.

I guess it is up to Bobrovsky where he wants to play.

As far as Kipprusoff, I think he's done. There was an offer for him to be traded to a better team last year and he said he didn't want to leave Calgary. He can't reasonably be part of their long term plans. I don't see him going to another NHL team. I think he's done.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Alex116 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:08:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4178

There was another report (out of CBC) that the Blue Jackets were/are interested in Kiprusoff. Not sure if Kipper's retirement plans are due to him wanting to leave hockey (the NHL), or him wanting to leave the NHL?

Ummm....Didn't Bobrovsky just win the Vezina??? What the f*$# would CBJ want Kipper for??? Oh wait, Bob's a FA isn't he? I recall hearing something about a KHL offer for his services? He sure picked a good time to have a career year and win the Vezina!!!
Guest4178 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 10:09:42
Correction on last line. It should be:

Not sure if Kipper's retirement plans are due to him wanting to leave hockey (the NHL), or him wanting to leave the Flames?
Guest4178 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 10:07:45
Jay Feaster has not completely given up on Kiprusoff. Here's Feaster's quote which is probably a bit optimistic:

"In light of our most recent meeting with him, the statement attributed to him by the Finnish National Team does not come as a surprise. However, as we have said consistently, we will continue our dialogue with Miikka."

There was another report (out of CBC) that the Blue Jackets were/are interested in Kiprusoff. Not sure if Kipper's retirement plans are due to him wanting to leave hockey (the NHL), or him wanting to leave the NHL?
Alex116 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 16:01:34
The rebuild in Calgary starts with the Saddledome. Sad it had to get wiped out before the Flames realized that was the point their franchise is at!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/25/2013 : 14:30:19
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

If nothing else, the Flames should get 2 goalies of similar calibre and have them compete. Whoever is marginally better will serve as #1 until that goalie falters ever so slightly. Then, goalie #2 will become goalie number one. This process will continue to cycle until the team is out of playoff contention, all the while, hearing negative comments from the media and fans.

That is the tried and true system that all teams should actively pursue.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

At least in Calgary they will address #1 goaltender position and it wont be the only guy not injured and therefore only the #1 by default.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
nuxfan Posted - 06/25/2013 : 14:16:16
Ironically, the tandem is probably the route that CGY will go next year. They have a few young goalies in the system that deserve a shot - McDonald, Irvine, but also Karri Ramo in the KHL. I would have to think that all 3 of them could compete for the starting job, and CGY could have 2 of them as their goalies next year.

I don't think anyone expects much from CGY next year (outside of Calgary that is), so its a good time to try players out.
just1n Posted - 06/25/2013 : 14:16:10
Bryzgalov is available now as well!

Ryan Miller could also be on the market.
Beans15 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 13:31:40
If nothing else, the Flames should get 2 goalies of similar calibre and have them compete. Whoever is marginally better will serve as #1 until that goalie falters ever so slightly. Then, goalie #2 will become goalie number one. This process will continue to cycle until the team is out of playoff contention, all the while, hearing negative comments from the media and fans.

That is the tried and true system that all teams should actively pursue.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/25/2013 : 13:14:09
Macdonald is already there and Irvine is grooming in the Minors. If the Flames want more, I hear Reimer may be available.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Guest2450 Posted - 06/25/2013 : 12:11:13
Timmy Thomas is looking for work this comming year.
just1n Posted - 06/25/2013 : 11:21:23
Luongo?!?! Haha
The_Gipper Posted - 06/25/2013 : 10:47:40
there will be a few available after the compliance buy-outs are complete and UFA signing's open up.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page