Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Off season Trades Let it begin

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4604 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 16:22:01
1st Big trade of the Off season has happend...

The Calgary Flames have traded forward Alex Tanguay and defenceman Cory Sarich to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for forward David Jones and defenceman Shane O'Brien...

Salary dump ???
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The_Gipper Posted - 07/04/2013 : 11:43:14
TSN is also reporting it's a 5 player deal in total. curious who else is involved cuz Boston is in a bit of cap trouble and simply swapping Seguin for Erickson only saves them about $1M.
if there are no other "major" pieces involved then i'd expect Boston to be making some more moves.
The_Gipper Posted - 07/04/2013 : 11:30:49
from what i see on capgeek, Erickson has a NTC that kicks in this year. not sure of the exact date as to when it kicks in, but i wonder if he can nix the deal?
Leafs81 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 11:26:14
That is a SHOCKER!!!!

Depends on what is thrown out there. But Seguin is a pretty sweet addition to Dallas.
Alex116 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 11:12:51
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

just posted on another thread, but i guess it applies here to....
Seguin being traded to Dallas for Loui Erickson, according to TSN.

Just saw that. Says there are other "pieces" as well but they'd likely be the main part!
The_Gipper Posted - 07/04/2013 : 11:09:37
just posted on another thread, but i guess it applies here to....
Seguin being traded to Dallas for Loui Erickson, according to TSN.
Leafs81 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 08:07:23
Toronto doesn't have the depth or the tools to trade away a defenseman. Except for Liles that doesn't fit into Carlyle's plans. Maybe Gunnarson, maybe Gardiner. Gardiner would fetch more and that's why he's constantly into trade talks (much like Kadri last year)

To add a defensive defenseman would be greatly appreciated, but they should not trade away one defense to do it, except Liles, IMO.
Beans15 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 05:33:36
Slozo, I think your comment about Edmonton being 'shunned' is a little bit different than reality. It's not that MacT was being shunned. The conversations significant and length. I wouldn't say that is being shunned.

Here's a question for you: If a guy like Coburn does land with the Leafs, who is Nonnis moving out?? Is Phaneuf still the guy to move and if so, do Leaf fans see that happening with his high cap hit and salary??

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Alex116 Posted - 07/03/2013 : 21:58:58
Slozo! Say it ain't so! The Flames and a big name? When will these guys learn it's time to rebuild??? If they wanted to make a splash, maybe they should have paid Gillis' asking price (overpaid) for Schneider. Still young enough to build around AND in a position they appear to be in need of with Kipper's pending retirement!

n/a Posted - 07/03/2013 : 20:17:28
Agreed - trading to a direct rival like Edmonton would have been foolhardy, unless they really overpaid. That is the natural order of things, and putting on my GM hat, I agree with it . . . it's more of a move for fans, but goodness knows you don't want to give your rival the opportunity to throw egg on your face.

Coburn being potentially in play is exciting for many teams . . . if Edmonton was shunned at the draft, it could mean many things - probably that it was just feelers for his value, unless they were offered a huge price.

I have to think the Leafs, along with most other teams, are now hungrily looking at Coburn, or the possibility of getting Meszaros maybe, as the Flyers try to shed salary.

I still think the Flames are going to go for that one big name in a trade, but can't imagine who . . . or what they'd have to offer back.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 09:13:42
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The rumor was the Oilers were chasing Schneider reasonably hard and Gillis' asking price was a 1st and 2nd this year plus a prospect. Again, the rumor was the Oilers offered #7 this year and a 2nd rounder next season and Gillis stood firm and the Oilers would go no higher.

The look on MacT's face when the trade was announced as Schneider for #9 straight up was apparently shock and disbelief.

Never saw MacT's reaction but i bet it was priceless. Having said that, i can understand both sides here (Van and Edm). If Van really didn't like the idea of trading to a div rival, then i can see their high asking price. I also see MacT's refusal to overpay, which depending on the prospect, was likely going to be the case. The only thing most irate Canucks fans don't realize is that even with 7th, the Canucks were likely going to take Horvat. So, the only difference would be the 2nd rounders and the prospect. Even if you take away the prospect, Gillis likely would have demanded this year's 2nd from Edm which would be much more valuable than last years when looking at the draft class alone, not even taking into consideration that the Oilers should be a much better team this year and the pick likely lower next.
Beans15 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 07:57:40
The rumor was the Oilers were chasing Schneider reasonably hard and Gillis' asking price was a 1st and 2nd this year plus a prospect. Again, the rumor was the Oilers offered #7 this year and a 2nd rounder next season and Gillis stood firm and the Oilers would go no higher.

The look on MacT's face when the trade was announced as Schneider for #9 straight up was apparently shock and disbelief.

Other rumors out of Edmonton say Holmgren and MacT spent a long time on Sunday working out a deal for Coburn that was close but the deal didn't happen. No speculation of what was in play but sources are saying the deal is not completely dead but it was more likely to happen at the draft than after.

Also hoping the Oilers make a heavy play for Horton as a UFA. Not saying it is likely but he is the exact player the Oilers need in their top 6. A play for Clarkson would also be smart as well as filling in the back end. White/Murray would look good but unless there is a trade, Whitney's spot will not be filled with the right level of talent.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

n/a Posted - 07/02/2013 : 07:18:55
Schneider to New Jersey is a real shocker.
Despite the fact that several commentators had suggested that the Canucks brass should actually go the other way and keep Luongo and deal Schneider . . . I don't think anyone actually expected them to do it! And to New Jersey, no less, to be Brodeur's successor - in a year? Maybe 2?

As Johnny Carson used to say, that is some wild and wacky stuff, kids . . .

I like the Bolland to the Leafs trade, but it does signal one important move to come, and it's one that I have mixed reactions for: Bozak will be gone. Well, that is an assumption of sorts . . . unless they plan to keep Bozak on the top line, Kadri on the second, and deal Grabovski . . . but that's quite unlikely, I'd think.

Much more likely is a plan (for the centres) to play Kadri with Kessel on the top line; Grabo stays on the second line; and Bolland is on your third line, with McClement on the 4th.

Bozak was much-maligned among Leaf fans, and certainly not a perfect player; but he was great on face-offs, very good on the pk, and was a reasonably good offensive threat at times - a still developing one. There will be some questions/concerns with his departure . . . hopefully Kessel is made happier with Kadri? Hopefully the PK doesn't suffer? Hopefully Kadri can improve his face-off percentage to a reasonable level, and produce in his sophomore year at a pace above Bozak? Hopefully Kadri does not regress into a defensive liability - a dangerous proporition with Kessel beside him?

There's a lot of questions for the Leafs, but ones that are better for another thread, and maybe more time to see what other moves develop.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
mandree888 Posted - 06/30/2013 : 15:44:41
Dave Bolland to TOR for three picks!!!
mandree888 Posted - 06/30/2013 : 13:00:57
Schnieder just traded to NJD for 9th overall pick
Alex116 Posted - 06/30/2013 : 11:20:41
Rumoured deal between Toronto and Carolina for Carolina's 5th overall pick. Rumour mill says Morgan Reilly would be at least a part of the asking price, maybe more?

Question is, who are the Leafs so interested in at #5? Would they be looking at a guy like Monohan? Maybe take a chance on Nichushkin?

If this doesn't happen, there's still a ton of talk about Carolina moving this pick for immediate help on D. Asking for a top 4 dman as part of any package. Apparently have no interest in Alex Edler from Vancouver. I'd have to think that if they trade it, it's gonna take more than just a 3 or 4 dman considering the talk of how good this draft talent pool is supposed to be!
Alex116 Posted - 06/29/2013 : 22:48:03
quote:
Originally posted by just1n

Alex, where did you read that Mtl - Tampa trade scenario????

I can't find the exact article. I've read so many different things today leading up to tomorrow's draft that I don't recall the site, but do remember it was Bruce Garioch who wrote it or claimed it? I just googled it and there's lots of talk about it though some claim it was just a rumour. However, most of those comments seem to be bloggers and hab fans? They simple can't see how it could have been possible but I did read one thing that said you have to keep in mind that Subban was just a prospect, Pacioretty had struggled in his 1st pro season and Price had just finished a fine little sophomore slump of his own!

Might have just been a rumour, but I don't know for sure???
just1n Posted - 06/29/2013 : 17:03:22
Alex, where did you read that Mtl - Tampa trade scenario????
@valanche Posted - 06/29/2013 : 14:58:47
Apparently Horton (ufa) is not returning to Boston either

66 is > than 99
nuxfan Posted - 06/29/2013 : 13:04:39
@mandaree - I don't think BOS is looking to move Seguin based on performance - rather they realize that they already have solid 1/2 centres in Krejci and Bergeron, and that there may not be room (positionally or financially) for Seguin. Of the 3 of them he might be the easiest to move, and would probably bring a hefty return as well.

Its getting hard to track all the players that are IN play right now. Seems the prediction about this being a wild offseason are starting to come true, lots of teams seems to have franchise-style players "in play"...
OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/29/2013 : 12:09:34
You mean if the Bruins trade Seguin to the Leafs for Kessel and two firsts plus a second, right. I guess that would straighten things out.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
mandree888 Posted - 06/29/2013 : 10:38:25
i have heard that seguin is in play. would this (if it is true and actually happens) finally end the who wins the kessel trade debate.
Alex116 Posted - 06/28/2013 : 23:31:02
Wow, this from Bruce Garioch regarding Vinny Lecavalier. If this is true, TBay must be absolutely kicking themselves!!!

The Canadiens are the most obvious landing spot for Vincent Lecavalier. At one point the Lightning had a deal in place to send Lecavalier to the Canadiens for Carey Price, Max Pacioretty, P.K. Subban and a No. 1 pick, but Lightning ownership wouldn’t allow it.

Perhaps these owners should step back and let someone with hockey knowledge make the decisions!!!! WOW!!!
@valanche Posted - 06/28/2013 : 09:01:47
it was shocking the avs gave david jones a 4 yr 16 million $ contract.
even more shocking that the flames are willing to take it on...

66 is > than 99
Guest2462 Posted - 06/28/2013 : 04:57:06
Lucic and a first round pick for Nazim Kadri
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 21:52:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Alex - you are the funniest guy on this site! :)

You have a way of tying in the "Phil Kessel trade" thread with the oft overlooked Shane O'Brien for the all-star game thread and bringing it all together!

Well done!

Lol, that was just too easy though! SOB talk has been so quiet around here than many new members and guests prob won't even get the humour!!!

BTW, he doesn't post as often as me, but Fat Elvis gets my vote for funniest!
Guest4377 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 20:53:02
Alex - you are the funniest guy on this site! :)

You have a way of tying in the "Phil Kessel trade" thread with the oft overlooked Shane O'Brien for the all-star game thread and bringing it all together!

Well done!
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 17:03:57
Well, let's face it, if Sam Pollock claimed the team that gets the best player wins a trade, then Calgary crushed Colorado in this. I mean, they got Shane Frickin O'Brien!!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page