Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Offseason Moves for your Favorite team?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:23:23
Now that the off season is officially here I thought I would start a threat to discuss what offseason moves you would like to see your favorite team make before the start of the 2013-2014 season,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5052 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 11:04:40
Id like to see the Jets do something, just about any new signing would be an upgrade.

Now let me qualify that; they first need to re-sign the RFAs, Bogosian, Wheeler and Little to reasonable contracts. Bogosian would be the priority and hopefully reasonably long term. He has the makings of top end dman.

What I would not want the Jets to do is to trade away some of their prospects (not unless you got a lot ofr them). This team is still a few years away from being a good team, patience will be key.

So in the meantime, i like the stop gap measures. Jokinen was overpaid based on his performance last year, but so what what? It didnt hurt the cap issue, its short term and yes it made the club better.

If the Jets could land a Horton or clarkson, then great, but I dont really see that happening. Id take a Derek Roy or Ribiero for 2-3 years.

Finally id like to see Trouba and Scheiffle play biggish roles with the team next year... fingers crossed.
n/a Posted - 07/02/2013 : 08:22:13
My wish list (as it stands right now) for the Leafs:

Get a big, shut-down defenceman to play alongside Phaneuf. He doesn't have to be elite, but he has to be solid, gritty, and very responsible, and able to play big minutes.
(well, that's close to "elite" I guess, at least in a shutdown role)

The Leafs have a lot of offense from the back-end (Phaneuf, Franson, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, and soon to come Reilly) but not enough of the prototypical "shutdown" guys. Fraser was great last year, and Kostka was ok early on . . . but especially with Fraser returning from that serious head injury, we need shoring up in that department.

We'll have to deal talent to get talent . . . I think Gunnarsson would get a very good return. Gardiner would get an elite return, I feel.

Another big-bodied forward with grit would be real nice too, someone who might replace MacArthur. Clarkson seems to be top of that list, but if we can get someone even better through a trade . . . I say the Leafs go for it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Leafs81 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 06:56:29
I hope they keep Phaneuf (unless they can replace his role) so maybe by getting Letang.

If they do get Letang, I hope they don't give away Gardiner.

I hope they keep Reimer.

Buyout Grabovski (or could they do it next season?)

Get a center or resign Bozak.
mandree888 Posted - 07/01/2013 : 12:16:16
eek i am ok with trying that as i think kadri definitly deserves a look at the spot.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/01/2013 : 12:13:33
Indications are Toronto is looking to Bolland for 2nd line centre, with Kadri on the top line. Don't see Lecavalier in TO's plans.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
mandree888 Posted - 07/01/2013 : 11:50:35
ok so with the recent addition of bolland. i say the leafs try and sign Vinny. and ference buy out grabo and liles!

lines look like this
Lupul/JVR - Vinny - Kessel
Lupup/JVR - Kadri - Kulimen
____ - Bolland - Hamilton
Mclaren - McClemment - Orr

Defence
Phaneuf - Ference
Frazer - Franson
Gardiner - O'Byrne

goalies
bernier
reimer
(depends who is hotter at the time)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/01/2013 : 11:33:26
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Actually Vinny is only a year younger than Iginla and the big difference between iginla and Lecavalier is Iggy has been quite Durable and Lecavalier's biggest issue has been injuries

[pause] Hello? Hello?

His most recent injuries aside, which I am not familiar with (lower body injury), Lecavalier has had hand and wrist injuries mostly in his career. They do keep you out of the lineup but shouldn't worry most teams for long term durability.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Guest4822 Posted - 06/28/2013 : 08:16:45
Yes they did Alex. It was a good scrap too between Igina & Lecavalier.
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 15:00:47
Didn't they (Vinny and Iggy) drop the gloves and have a go in the finals back in '04?
Pasty7 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 14:18:57
Actually Vinny is only a year younger than Iginla and the big difference between iginla and Lecavalier is Iggy has been quite Durable and Lecavalier's biggest issue has been injuries

[pause] Hello? Hello?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/27/2013 : 13:51:45
I think Vinny is less of a question mark than most people are giving him credit. He has a history of being a point a game player and his career average is .8ppg. Last years stats seem to prove that. Generally a guy with this much experience would be getting calls from every team in the league. I have read people refering to him as being soft, but my recollection of his play is he is strong on the puck, great passing skills, decent skating skills, can score extremely well and very much a leader on the ice. If Iginla got the attention he got at the trade deadline, I would assume Lecavalier gets more, as he is younger and of similar quality, with less grit.

mandree888 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 11:36:50
pasty i thought about that too. but i think vinny is to much of a question mark at this point. if they were to sign him i would prefer a 2 year deal worth 4 mill and see where that takes the leafs. vinny and ference would be good additions to the leafs. (wow thats alot of F's) on the blue line (franson,Frazer,Ference)
Pasty7 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 11:25:00
Lecavalier t the Leafs? If Vinny is healthy he still is a number one center Lupul Lecavlier Kessel would be a very good top line,,,, for the right price it may work!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/27/2013 : 10:39:15
Gotta love Bryz. Even being bought out by the Flyers, is still good for a wildcard comment to the press. Bryzgalov thanked Flyers chairman Ed Snider for his family's "secure financial future". Wonder if this guy is going to the KHL or if he is gonna try to find another NHL team to play for. Hope he stays cause I love the press comments and stories, even if he isn't a #1 goalie again.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/27/2013 : 10:06:07
I read in the Sun as well, that Ference is going to test free agency. I like this guy and any team who signs him is getting a hell of a player.

mandree888 Posted - 06/27/2013 : 09:40:04
i would like the leafs to get a number 1 centre and a d pairing for phanuef. (as i dont see him being traded)

for D i heard ference from boston is not going to be resigned.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos130626.html

and C it depends as the UFA is not deep so a trade would have to happen. i could see Clarkson coming to TO although i dont think it is an upgrade from bozak.
n/a Posted - 06/27/2013 : 07:13:16
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Resign Letang.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

As a LEAF,

GET Letang! I hear he is now VERY AVAILABLE . . . . mmm, let the bidding begin!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 06/26/2013 : 18:26:12
Resign Letang.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Guest4822 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 18:00:03
Not to be corrective Hawk in Oil Country, but Brouwer actually survived the 2010 purge, but was dealt after the 2011 season. I agree with you though, as a Hawks fan, I'm hopeful that most of the 2013 team will remain intact. In 2010, besides Byfuglien & Versteeg, as you mentioned, losing the likes of Ladd ( especially ), Niemi, Sopel, Madden, Eager and Fraser and in the next year, Campbell & Kopecky was tough. However, Stan Bowman & staff did a great job and voila, the Hawks are champions again.
HawkinOilCountry Posted - 06/26/2013 : 17:47:55
Sadly for me, I get to hope and pray that the Hawks can hold onto their core guys and don't get completely gutted again. I remember how sad I was to see Brouwer, Buff and Versteeg go in 2010.

I know it's going to happen, but I'm hoping Bowman can pull another rabbit out of his hat and minimize the impact.
Alex116 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 16:27:42
The Canucks have already made their big move! They hired Torts, who by Beans' account, is going to lead them to the promise land!!!

AKA, I'd like to see Luongo traded (for pretty much anything at this point), though admittedly i don't fully follow all the cap / amnesty penalties and would hate for his contract to haunt them for years! If not, buy it out, but this is extremely unlikely.

Same goes for Ballard. I'd love to see him get a shot under Torts, but is there room with a developing Tanev and Corrado, i'm not sure the space is there for him?

I love his good game, but i hate his bad and i'd be okay with the Canucks exploring an Alex Edler trade.

Booth, who i've said before won't be bought out, will likely be given another chance with Kesler, but it's time this guy started to put up the points everyone thinks he's capable of.

How about Edler to NYI in return for Nino Neiderrieter and a 3rd? The Isles have a need on D, as well as cap space to burn so they could afford Edler. Heck, i'd throw Luongo in the mix, but i don't know if NYI would take on two 5+ million dollar contracts!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/26/2013 : 16:25:58
As I am also a fan of Edmonton, as I live here, I thought I'd throw my 2 cent's in.

Edmonton needs a few strong forwards and a few good puck moving defenseman with good 2 way game to lower the shots against per game. They were 29th in the league in Shots against per game and a lot has to do with being dead last 30th in faceoffs. Its hard to constantly start the play with the opposition having possession of the puck and last year Edmonton was dead last in this category, which also contributed to there low 5 on 5 scoring.

Matt Cullen or Mike Ribeiro would be a good pickups for faceoff win% and are both UFA. For grit and toughness, they need to look at a guy like Bickell to play with there talented stars. Douglas Murray would be a huge boon to this team on the backend, who would have that intimidating size and style of play which would stop players from running over the forwards.

I disagree that Edmonton has fixed its goaltender position because although some stats show Dubnyk as being top 10 (alot due to his start to the season and not his finish) others show Edmonton 19th in goals against for the entirety of the season. If they want to push for a playoff spot they need to know the backend is capable of top 10 numbers in goals against. I say pick up a goalie who can compete, like Reimer, if available, to make sure you not handing the #1 to the only person available.

For the love of god, stop changing the coach after just one season, one in which there was marked improvement. There is no stability in this franchise.

nuxfan Posted - 06/26/2013 : 16:00:21
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

If the leafs were to do that though wouldn't the leafs be on the hook for 30 million $ ? (2/3 of the money remaining on Vinny's current deal)

That is an awfully steep price to pay for some assets, I mean if i were the leafs i'd say 30 million is worth your 3rd overall pick,

unless of course they negociate some percentage of that pay out remains with the Tampa bay organization wich i think they can do in a trade.

Either way i agree beans this stinks

[pause] Hello? Hello?

It would depend on the additional assets that would come from TB along with Lecavalier. Look at it as the Leafs paying 30M over 14 years for a bright young prospect.

This is such an obvious case of cap circumvention, I'm surprised that they didn't deal with it in the CBA, or at least in the amnesty buyout rules. Perhaps they didn't think that teams would pursue this sort of action...
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/26/2013 : 15:59:04
Without knowing whether Alfredson returns, which is key to another good year, I'd like Ottawa to chase Briere for a short term contract and Bickell for a long term contract. I think either would do nicely in the forward mix in Ottawa. Briere would add to the veteran presence and scoring prowess, while Bickell would add more grit with hopefully, year over year increase in offensive stats. With the forwards in the system though both would have to bump another promising prospect and the Sens are stocked full of promising prospects, so neither are truly needed.

Ottawa has a lot of younger developing defenseman with size and grit, but few with true offensive credentials outside of Ceci, who may find his way onto the roster next year. Letang would be tempting replacement for a departed Gonchar, but I doubt there is room for 2 Offensive defensman on Ottawa's blueline and less likely Letang would sign here.

Basically Ottawa needs a healthy season out of its current group of veteran players, continued development from the young guys with consistant play and a good season to develop Lehner into a legit goaltender. If they can pickup a legit scorer, without giving up much of its young talent I hope they do it, because they have the cap space.

Pasty7 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 14:45:04
If the leafs were to do that though wouldn't the leafs be on the hook for 30 million $ ? (2/3 of the money remaining on Vinny's current deal)

That is an awfully steep price to pay for some assets, I mean if i were the leafs i'd say 30 million is worth your 3rd overall pick,

unless of course they negociate some percentage of that pay out remains with the Tampa bay organization wich i think they can do in a trade.

Either way i agree beans this stinks

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Beans15 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 14:04:55
How quickly the CBA can be circumvented.

The report I read was there was a trade in the works between TB and TOR to trade Vinny Lecavalier and an asset to the Leafs for another a bag of pucks. The Leafs would then use their compliance buy out to drop Lecavalier and have an asset they desired. Lecavalier could then resign with TB as they technically did not buy him out, avoiding the year long wait to resign the player.

Apparently Bill Daly has sternly warned all 30 teams to follow the rules and the situation above would be viewed as a circumvention of the agreement.

If the effin NHL and NHLPA actually negotiated in good faith prior to an agreement expiring they would have time to close off more loopholes.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Pasty7 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 13:46:41
Agreed Beans, 5.25 million for a 2nd line center who is also 30 years old is a lot of of cap hit to take, espcially that in my proposed deal the habs would be getting to players still on entry level deals. It would be a tough sell and the habs would maybe have to take some salary back. However the Blue Jackets do have lots of Cap room and do lack a player of Pleakanec's skill set and abililty but of course who knows i'm no GM.

As for the Oil I agree aswell, I think Mac T should avoid the quick solution and stay true to developping the young talent they have. I certainly don't mean they shouldn't add a big player if they can but they shouldn't be looking for a quick fix to get into the playoffs IMO. Doing that could jepordize getting all the kids to longterm deals in the future. They have good cap space now and should be able to hold on to all their home grown talent but if they were to chase a second tier player and give him top tier money this offseason as we have seen GM's do in the past, i think it would be a mistake. (see Dennis Wideman Calgary)

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Beans15 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:52:52
Not a bad thought Pasty, but I think there would have to be cap money traded in that deal. $5.25 is a hard pill to swallow for Plekanec in the new cap system.

As for the Oilers, I actually agree with MacT. They need to get bigger and heavier and support the kids with secondary scoring. I don't see anything blockbuster but I do see a changing of the old guard. I think it will be hard to move Hemsky until the trade deadline. He has 1 yr left at $5 million. Tough to carry for the entire season but cheap at the deadline. Also, unless the Oilers can spend Horcoff's salary on a better player they might as well keep him. I don't see any big UFA's that could be signed and any trade for Horcoff would certainly include either a big contract coming back or cap dollars involved. A buy-out might make sense next year when RNH and Schultz need to be resigned but not before that.

I see the Oilers chasing a top4 defensemen through free agency. A guy like an Ian White, Douglas Murray, et al. Reasonably price and servicable on the back end. Their certainly aren't any legit 1/2 guys available outside of a trade.

Oh ya, they will also pick up a back up goalie. Either Denis from the farm or another legit #2 because they have a guy who proved top 10 numbers on a bad team. They have a guy they think is a #1 and bringing in a goaltending controversy is simpy stupid.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

The_Gipper Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:50:52
i'd love it if the Leafs made the following moves:
- buy out Komisarek (99.9% this is going to happen)
- buy out Grabovski
- trade Liles
- sign Bozak to a 3rd liner type contract
- sign Weiss as a UFA to a 3 - 4 year deal (Toronto native)

going into next year our 4 guys down the middle are:
Weiss
Kadri
Bozak
McClemment

but the chances of all that happening are pretty slim.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/26/2013 : 11:31:56
As a habs fan I hope M. Bergervin doesn't do too much. My hope is that he doesn't over evaluate the current habs roster and doesn't make any short term moves. I think regardless of the habs regular season success the playoffs showed this team is not ready to contend just yet.

one move i would like M.B to make is trade Thomas Plekanec. Nothing against Pleks as he is a very good 2 way center I would like to see him moved for 2 reasons, 1 being he has never ever ever showed up to play in the post season, 2 Lars Eller can do everything he can do for 1.3 million and is only 23 with room to imporve. Not to mention Galchenyuk could move to the center ice position soon aswell. At 5.25 million Plekanec is expendable.

The habs need to add toughness and size so the trade i would propose would be with Columbus who could use a steady consitent center like Plekanec.

To Montreal:
C. Boone Jenner
D. Dalton Prout

To Columbus
Thomas Plekanec

This move gives the habs 2 big bodies who like to play physical,

Jenner projects to be a strong 2 way 3rd line center and Prout is a big strong d man who likes to drop the gloves (2 things the habs need) Also prout was an impressive +15 through 28 games with the CBJ last season.

Plekanec gives Gaborik a fast center to play with aswell as a great penalty killer for the CBJ organization, I think this trade is win win,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page