Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2013/14 Top Point Getter

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/19/2013 : 09:21:27
Who will be the 2013/14 season's top point getter?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 09/20/2013 : 18:18:48
Funny part was Crosby with all the missed games last year almost won the points race anyway. Pretty much unless he gets run over by a truck in the parking lot its his to lose again.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Leafs81 Posted - 09/20/2013 : 16:34:55
I take Crosby because he is the best player in the league and the most prolific scorer. Last year injury was just a freak accident and could have happened to anybody. If not for that injury he would have walked away with the art ross and the MVP easily and his season would have been completed and healthy. Crosby is back from concussion symptoms and healthy.

I say Tavares, Ovechkin, Hall and Stamkos rounds up the top 5.

I also wouldn't put the Sedin's in that discussion this year.

Edit : Changed Malkin for Stamkos.
Alex116 Posted - 09/20/2013 : 08:32:09
Crosby, for the same reasons Beans points out. I always look at it this way. Who will you take with the first overall pick in your draft if you get it? I think the majority would take the risk / reward factor with Crosby and his upside potential!

I don't see the Sedin's (either one) winning the Art Ross ever again. I think they're past their prime, and while they'll still be PPG (or close) players, they won't push the 100+ that it will likely take to win this award.
n/a Posted - 09/20/2013 : 04:25:35
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Thanks for the poll Slozo. Added it to the home page. Also added Kane to the list.

Thanks, and fair enough . . . I guess it was my "anti-Kane" bias showing through. I've never been a big fan of his, which is why it hurts even more that I could have picked him up in the mid rounds in our hockey pool last year . . . won't be an option this year, I assume.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 09/19/2013 : 16:48:33
Other Jarome Iginla just so i can win my bet with Slozo!!!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
admin Posted - 09/19/2013 : 11:32:07
Thanks for the poll Slozo. Added it to the home page. Also added Kane to the list.
Beans15 Posted - 09/19/2013 : 11:04:53
It's an Olympic year which might factor in to a few things.

When I see things like this I have to bet based on what I do know and not what I can't control. Although Crosby has missed time in the past 3 seasons, there is nothing that says that trend will continue and nothing stating it won't happen again.

Crosby is the most prolific scorer in the NHL. Period. I can't tell you if he will be healthy or not so I can't consider that in my decision.

All things equal, Crosby and not by a little bit.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

n/a Posted - 09/19/2013 : 09:37:51
Just in case I didn't clarify well enough, I mean the top point getter in terms of goals and assists, what the NHL deems as the Art Ross trophy winner.

I picked Malkin, but . . . I honestly think it's quite wide open this year. I think most reasonable people would say Crosby IF we knew he was playing 75 games or more . . . but I doubt it happens that way. Stamkos will be up there with a great chance I think; but I don't see St. Louis repeating after his half season win of last year. Giroux could come back and do it, but the hand injury casts a bit of doubt on that. Ovechkin is a threat, as he seems to be "back", and will be gearing up for the Olympics. Henrik and Daniel will be inthe conversation as always, I think.

But I went with consistency, and that makes Malkin the bettor's pick, IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page