Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Lars Eller 2013-2014 Art Ross Winner!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 10/07/2013 : 13:41:11
I Know I know I know never going to happen !

But I just love watching this specific player succeed, from day 1 i've liked the way he plays hockey and from day 1 montreal fans gave him a hard time because he was the guy they got for Halak, The coaching staff has never given Lars an offensive role and even when he scores (30 points in 44 games last season) he is left off the power play and put in a largley defensive role.

This season was the same he was slated as the habs 3rd line center and in his 3 point opening night game he was 3rd in ice time among the Canadien's centers and as most people who watched the game would say he was easily the best hab on the ice if not the best player. Not only was he putting up offense he was drawing penalties and useing his size and speed to control the play.

Saturday nights game marked the first time Eller lead all Canadiens centers in ice time almost 19 minutes. Once again Eller had a multi point night.

Perhaps many of you don't care I just love watching a kid force a organization to give him a role they had no intention of giving to him,

Obviously Eller isn't going to keep this pace up (5pts in 2 games) but as someone who has watched him play for 3 years now and given how much grit has been added to his game and his size and skill set I do think .75 pts per game + is out of the question for this player!

Given Eller's emergence I am a lot more positive about the Montreal Canadiens future, with Galchenyuk and Eller as a 1 and 2 center both with good size and above average skill, then Max Pacioretty as a solid scoring winger along with Subban a Norris winning defenceman and Price in goal the habs seem to have a young player in each key position!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 18:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Lol....bummer for sure! I was shocked Strome didn't make the club! Prob as shocked as Drouin in fact. Many were picking Strome as their Calder winner or favorite!

Eller isn't getting much respect around here. Just did a 15 team draft of 10 guys and he didn't go and that was last night AFTER his hot start! He's also available in two other pools i'm in on the FA board! I'll be keeping an eye on him!

it will be interesting to see if he takes a step forward, last season he scored .6522 pts per game, hes 24 and bigger this season and bound to get some pp time, and play with better wingers,

still its a gamble young players can go either way,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 15:43:07
Lol....bummer for sure! I was shocked Strome didn't make the club! Prob as shocked as Drouin in fact. Many were picking Strome as their Calder winner or favorite!

Eller isn't getting much respect around here. Just did a 15 team draft of 10 guys and he didn't go and that was last night AFTER his hot start! He's also available in two other pools i'm in on the FA board! I'll be keeping an eye on him!
Pasty7 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 14:26:20
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Well said Pasty, I recall you liking this kid from the first time you saw him play! Unfortunately for me, I thought he was still recovering from injury from last year so I didn't draft him in my pool!

I was between him Ryan Strome and Schiefle for my last pick.. i went with Strome who didn;t make the big club! then the next guy took Eller, luckily I was able to drop Strome and Pick up Schiefle as a FA, still my buddy's won't let me here the end of it that i didn't draft my favorite player hahaha

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 10/07/2013 : 14:00:30
Well said Pasty, I recall you liking this kid from the first time you saw him play! Unfortunately for me, I thought he was still recovering from injury from last year so I didn't draft him in my pool!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page