Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Tomas Hertl magic!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 22:51:05
Wow, can't find the clip yet as it just happened an hour ago, but Tomas Hertl, the Sharks standout rookie, scored his first ever hat trick and added a 4th in the waning minutes. But it wasn't just his 4th, it was a magical goal! Remember Marek Malik's stick between the legs shootout goal in round 18 (or whatever the heck it was?) back when the shootout was new? Very much the same move Hertl used, in the middle of game action.

This kid is one confident rookie! Oh, and looking at the boxscore, he only skated just over 11 mins of ice time? Huh?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/11/2013 : 15:29:04
Seems Shanahan agree's with you. I got to ask. Why did anyone not on New York Rangers roster care about what some European rookie does against another team, 3 games into his career. I'd be more concerned with what a 14-15 year veteran says he would do if he scored 4 in a game!
umteman Posted - 10/11/2013 : 14:24:56
Hertl's recent magic seems to be getting the notice of the leagues dmen. Do you agree that this was an attempt to put him out of the game?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/alex-edler-gets-3-game-suspension-hit-sharks-195329243--nhl.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/11/2013 : 14:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

Rather hertl than Jumbo Joe

I read what Joe said he would do. Something about dropping the lumber and stroking it. Really hope Thorton doesn't get a 4 goal game. But would be funny to see the press reaction to it.
sahis34 Posted - 10/10/2013 : 22:00:13
Rather hertl than Jumbo Joe
Shepsky Posted - 10/09/2013 : 11:57:18
i snagged this guy with my last pick in our pool, and between him and Jussi Jokinen I rocketed up the standings last night, just hoping it continues. Also, the fourth goal was one hell of a beauty, not many goalies would have had a chance on that one as it was not only surprising on the timing of the shot, but seemed pretty accurate, though it may have been a fluke that it was actually an accurate shot, right to the corner from between the skates.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
@valanche Posted - 10/09/2013 : 09:24:37
he also scored two against Martin Biron a career backup.

66 is > than 99
@valanche Posted - 10/09/2013 : 09:20:44
I'd personally be selling high on Hertl...

He said himself he didn't score more than two goals in a czech league game.

then again he wasn't playing with Thornton and Burns.

66 is > than 99
n/a Posted - 10/09/2013 : 05:13:24
Crazy amazing confidence level and skill level to do that in any NHL game for a rookie . . . no matter the score or the hattrick at that point.

Just . . . wow.

How the hell did I pick Baertschi over Hertl as my second rookie?!?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
umteman Posted - 10/09/2013 : 01:49:04
I was just about to post that one myself when I saw Alex had already done so. It was Hertl's fourth and best goal of the game and came after a two goal game Saturday.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 23:39:07
Lol, Darren Dutchyshen on TSN referred to him as the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl", though he noted he'd seen it written somewhere and didn't come up with it himself.
sahis34 Posted - 10/08/2013 : 23:05:19
Ya that was sick
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=49&id=454955&lang=en&navid=nhl:topheads

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page