Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Regular Season Predictions

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/01/2013 : 06:07:48
Give us your regular season final standings predictions!

East AND West . . . and please note the new format:
- top 3 in each new division automatically get in
- the last two playoff teams for each conference decided by point totals (could be from same division, or one from each)

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/15/2013 : 08:45:03
Don't wanna turn this into an update on Grabo, but he got an assist last night. What was your bet?
n/a Posted - 10/13/2013 : 22:02:45
Wow, three games of no points sure has put Grabo down the points ladder . . . he's now down to a point a pace!

Who knows, maybe I still have a chance at this Grabo bet yet, lol!

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/12/2013 : 08:04:33
Calgary ends up higher than Edmonton is the standings. Loving how Mcdonald is starting in the majority of the games and winning, which was an earlier prediction of mine in another post. At this point they are undefeated in regulation, 2nd in goals for in the NHL, keeping it close every game and winning some tight games. 3-0-2 with a win on the road, 3 of a possible 4 road points and 2 wins at home for 5 of a possible 6 home points. The young guns especially Monahan look very impressive.
Alex116 Posted - 10/05/2013 : 22:24:24
Sorry Slozo, but I stand by my reasoning. It may not be the only reason, but I do believe that the Leafs realized they overpaid to begin with and didn't want to be saddled with this commitment with the way they chose to move forward with their prospects they saw making the team in the near future. I agree with you, he lost his spot to Kadri, no doubt about it, but he was also not given much of an opportunity to win it back either!

To say he can only get 60+ points on a non playoff team is very bold. I mean, really? The guy has never gotten 60 points in a season to begin with so i'm not sure where you're going with that??? Not sure how it can only be "one or the other" as you say? So far, it's been neither!
n/a Posted - 10/04/2013 : 11:04:19
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

No one ever argued that Grabovski didn't lose the #2 job fair and square to Kadri. The argument that people had is that he had a legit beef with the coach who completely dumped him on his head from day one. And let's not forget that his negatively towards the coach did not come until after he was bought out. I don't recall him talking any crap during the season last year, but I could be wrong about that. To you point, he certainly didn't use the minutes he did get to get back into the good book with the coaches.

Your argument back when Grabovski was bought out and then didn't sign for a while was that he was not a legit #2 centre on a playoff team. The opposite argument (surprising something Joshua and I agreed on) was the he was and will prove it in Washington.

I have never been that guy to chirp after 2 games but it's hard to deny that he isn't off to a great start. Part of his motivation may be to prove his detractors wrong. Good on him if he can do that.

Actually, Alex DID indeed try to argue otherwise on why Grabovski lost his job. Which i why I answered appropriately.

Grabovski can only get over 60 points on a non-playoff team. It's gotta be one or the other, IMHO.

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/04/2013 : 10:29:34
I just wanted to be the first to proclaim 4 points and a hatrick for Grabo in 1 game under Oates. As of today he has 5 points with the assist in last nights game against Calgary. Thats 31% of his last years points total in 2 games. The only reason I am chirping was I really disagreed with him being boughtout in the first place and the critisizm he received during that time. This from a guy who usually doesn't defend a Leafs player.

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

In fairness Joshua, the Leafs bought him out not because he only got 16 points last year, but because they realized their error in giving him the deal he had gotten. Unless he becomes a legitimate PPG guy or close to it, they were prob paying him too much as he doesn't bring much other elements other than the offense or the potential of it.

Sure, 4pts night one look great, but let's not expect a 300+ point season out of him.

I think I've repeated this point a hundred times on this forum (feels like it), but Grabovski plain and simple LOST THE BLOODY JOB TO KADRI LAST YEAR.

That's why he was moved down to the third line. He was thoroughly outplayed by Kadri, period. And then on the third line, playing very big minutes for a third liner I might mention . . . he didn't perform as a pro - he grumbled, complained, blamed the coach - everything but taking ownership of the fact that he had lost his second line spot fair and square.

Beans15 Posted - 10/04/2013 : 09:49:13
No one ever argued that Grabovski didn't lose the #2 job fair and square to Kadri. The argument that people had is that he had a legit beef with the coach who completely dumped him on his head from day one. And let's not forget that his negatively towards the coach did not come until after he was bought out. I don't recall him talking any crap during the season last year, but I could be wrong about that. To you point, he certainly didn't use the minutes he did get to get back into the good book with the coaches.

Your argument back when Grabovski was bought out and then didn't sign for a while was that he was not a legit #2 centre on a playoff team. The opposite argument (surprising something Joshua and I agreed on) was the he was and will prove it in Washington.

I have never been that guy to chirp after 2 games but it's hard to deny that he isn't off to a great start. Part of his motivation may be to prove his detractors wrong. Good on him if he can do that.

n/a Posted - 10/04/2013 : 06:28:42
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

In fairness Joshua, the Leafs bought him out not because he only got 16 points last year, but because they realized their error in giving him the deal he had gotten. Unless he becomes a legitimate PPG guy or close to it, they were prob paying him too much as he doesn't bring much other elements other than the offense or the potential of it.

Sure, 4pts night one look great, but let's not expect a 300+ point season out of him.

I think I've repeated this point a hundred times on this forum (feels like it), but Grabovski plain and simple LOST THE BLOODY JOB TO KADRI LAST YEAR.

That's why he was moved down to the third line. He was thoroughly outplayed by Kadri, period. And then on the third line, playing very big minutes for a third liner I might mention . . . he didn't perform as a pro - he grumbled, complained, blamed the coach - everything but taking ownership of the fact that he had lost his second line spot fair and square.

Alex116 Posted - 10/02/2013 : 20:13:53

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/02/2013 : 15:55:20
Grabovski is gonna have a career year in Washington. Does anybody realize yesterday Grabo scored 25% of his point total from 2013. 4 points in his season debut 1st game compared to 16 points in 48 games last year for the Leafs on the 3rd-4th line as a no talent grinder. Absolutely awesome! Hope the Leafs coaching eat crow all year on this guy.
dgg1412 Posted - 10/02/2013 : 09:12:26
East
Atlantic:
1.Boston
2.Detroit
3.Ottawa
Metropolitain
1.Pittsburgh
2.Washington
3.Philadelphia
East wild:
NY Rangers