Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Dion Phaneuf - Future as a Leaf

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fanoleaf Posted - 11/01/2013 : 17:00:45
With Phaneuf and the Leafs now in contract negotiations, where do you see his future?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fanoleaf Posted - 11/02/2013 : 06:26:34
I would like to see Dion sign for a value close to what he currently makes. The guy logs a lot of ice time and when he keeps his game simple, he is effective.

I have a feeling that the dollars will not be the issue, it will be the term more so. Another long term contract could really hurt this organization down the road.
Alex116 Posted - 11/01/2013 : 17:55:36
I voted a contract that benefits both. I don't see him as the type to give a big hometown discount however i don't think he's going to command astronomical numbers either. I'd like to think he realizes he's not a top dman, though he does have value and can be effective. He also should like the direction the Leafs are going in and want to be a part of their future.
nuxfan Posted - 11/01/2013 : 17:31:18
I think the leafs will try to lock him up for allowable 8 years, and it would not surprise me to see it at 6M or more per year. I know TOR fans like to blast him, but from a stats point of view, you have a 28 year old physical defence man that scores .5 PPG, plays 25+ mins a night in all situations. They are not easy to find, and when you do find one they cost you.

If TOR does not sign him, what do they replace him with?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page