Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Emery vs Holtby

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leafs81 Posted - 11/03/2013 : 11:25:11
Ok so a game that Washington was embarassing the Flyers at home with a 7-0 lead in the third period. While a fight broke between Simmonds and Wilson, Emery went to Holtby and Holtby obviously didn't want to fight.

Emery jumped on him anyway and he gave a big pounding on his adversary who was just trying to protect himself. Emery has history in fighting and he has a training in boxing. While the fight was going on the ref was just watching after he tried unsuccessfully stop the fight. Plus the Washington players didn't jump on Emery to protect their goalie. I know they would have gotten a penalty for investigating a fight, or being a third man in, but It's a 7-0 game and your goalie is getting pounded. This was discusting on the ref part, for just standing there, this was discusting on the Washington players part for not coming to his aid, and obviously this was discusting on Emery's part to go after a player that doesn't want to fight, to push a ref out of the way and to keep pounding on a defenseless player. I hope the league looks at this and that Emery gets a suspension. What do you guys think? here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AYtMQ4V-s4
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs81 Posted - 11/11/2013 : 08:38:10
Interesting read. I also think the NHL missed miserably at the opportunity to say, hey we don't want this in a game. HE should have been suspended for a good amount of games and be fined.

This was disgusting, and I still can't believe Emery didn't get suspended.
umteman Posted - 11/10/2013 : 17:28:04
The things he said about the Broadstreet bullies are the reason why I am a Pens fan despite living in the eastern half of Pennsylvania all my life.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 11/10/2013 : 17:12:01
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

This Flyers fan has "resigned."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/vent-nhl-fan-resignation-letter-gary-bettman-144250297--nhl.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Read that earlier today! Pretty good stuff, and it doesn't sound as though he's kidding!
umteman Posted - 11/10/2013 : 08:59:13
This Flyers fan has "resigned."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/vent-nhl-fan-resignation-letter-gary-bettman-144250297--nhl.html

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/08/2013 : 10:43:26
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

What's wrong with you guys, don't you like a good fight? It's part of the game, don't you know . . . if Holtby wants to dance in a ballet, he shouldn't be on the ice . . .

[note dripping sarcasm]

Increase the penalty for a fight to at least a game suspension. Someone who does it more than once in a year gets a multiple game suspension, plus the team gets fined. Done! Goons AND "goonery" out of the league, only isolated incidents would remain.

'nuff said.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I get the sarcasm, but I hope you are not serious about the game-multiple game suspension for all players in a fighting instances. If you are suggesting it for players pounding unwilling combatants I am on board.
Ripley Posted - 11/08/2013 : 10:34:28
quote:
Originally posted by markliso

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

Holtby may have originally declined but he did try to take a few feable swings so I can see Emery continuing to swing the way he did.

I guess Holtby should've turtled and not defended himself? I'm glad Holtby stepped up and tried to swing back and defend himself. But you do have a point in why Emery continued to lay the beat down.

Yeah I totally think Emery was a putz on this. I'm just pointing out that he probably thought that Holtby was a willing combatant even if he was a little reluctant.
markliso Posted - 11/08/2013 : 00:34:52
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

Holtby may have originally declined but he did try to take a few feable swings so I can see Emery continuing to swing the way he did.

I guess Holtby should've turtled and not defended himself? I'm glad Holtby stepped up and tried to swing back and defend himself. But you do have a point in why Emery continued to lay the beat down.
Ripley Posted - 11/07/2013 : 17:33:02
n/a Posted - 11/07/2013 : 05:36:25
What's wrong with you guys, don't you like a good fight? It's part of the game, don't you know . . . if Holtby wants to dance in a ballet, he shouldn't be on the ice . . .

[note dripping sarcasm]

Increase the penalty for a fight to at least a game suspension. Someone who does it more than once in a year gets a multiple game suspension, plus the team gets fined. Done! Goons AND "goonery" out of the league, only isolated incidents would remain.

'nuff said.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
markliso Posted - 11/07/2013 : 02:45:35
I like Emery. Always have. But I really wish he reconsidered this... He could have just as easily found a willing participant and more than likely destroyed a skater, rather than trying to fight a guy who had no desire to fight him.

Sucks when you see players you like do stupid garbage like this.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/06/2013 : 10:41:43
I just don't get Emery or Philly right now. Guy goes from a Stanely Cup finalist goalie, to a joke in Philly, to a playoff team in Anaheim, then a Stanely cup winner in Chicago, now back to being a punchline in Philly again. This was just another bad move by a talented goalie who has let the story around him cloud his talent. Glad Holtby wasn't injured and I would have been on the side on suspending him, but Shanahan botched that one too. I like that fact Shanahan came out saying he disliked what Emery did, but then to say there wasn't a rule to suspend? What an idiot. Clearly there have been a few suspended for less intent, when one person is laying into an unwilling combatant and it didn't take a 100 foot skate across the ice to show intent.
Alex116 Posted - 11/03/2013 : 21:09:00
I don't have a lot to say about the whole fight but thought this was pretty funny. This is Roberto Luongo's tweet regarding the scrap.....

Strombone #8207;@strombone1 1 Nov
Just an FYI. If Ray Emery ever decides to skate down the ice and try to fight me I'm getting the f*ck out of dodge!!!
just1n Posted - 11/03/2013 : 16:23:17
Pretty classless by Emery. What a clown, the Flyers are a disaster. At least Holtby didn't get his face broken (like DiPietro). Lecavalier is out because he had to then fight, and newly re-acquired Steve Downey is out as well.

What's the penalty if a third man comes in? Is there a suspension as well?
OILINONTARIO Posted - 11/03/2013 : 13:11:04
One to the face, one to the midsection, and then two to the back of the head. All in slow motion. Could almost hear Donovan's 'Atlantis' playing the whole time. Pretty ugly. Pure entertainment for most, I would think. At least Holtby was laughing afterwards. Maybe Emery was uncomfortable not being the most controversial goalie in the league. At least he's not beating up on his girlfriend.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page