Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 What the HELL is wrong with Giroux!?!?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CrockOShight Posted - 11/08/2013 : 11:25:44
Here's a guy who has literally been a rock for the past 4 years - 224pts in his last 222 NHL games played. A Power Play machine. Started out slowly last season - went on a tear near the end to finish PPG for the fourth straight season. Like, pretty solid.

This season: 15GP, 0G, 7A, 7Pts, -11, 31SOG.

What the HELL is that!?

I'm DYING over here. I drafted a veritable monster in my Pool - I sit in a solid second chasing down the dream of 1st Place. AND I'M CARRYING GIROUX. He is my worst skater by a MILE. Like, at this point, he's a DROP. Not even a "wait and see" situation. A complete, 100% drop.

What is wrong with him? Seriously. Help me here guys. Help me!!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 11/10/2013 : 16:59:34
quote:
Originally posted by CrockOShight

...I sit up late and night looking at the ceiling..... And I think, "damn, I should have taken Phil Kessel instead.". ROFL!!!!!!

*Just kidding* - Alex, that was for you. Enjoy the Sunday Hockey boys.

Unless that's only part of your team, it doesn't look like you guys have goalies? How did Giroux last THAT late??? Did everyone else know something you didn't? lol. And Kessel? He wasn't really there at 11 was he?
CrockOShight Posted - 11/10/2013 : 11:40:38
Yeah, I think I have to hold on to him for now... Like most of you pointed out - management will make a move soon if this keeps up.

He looked good against Edmonton... But then, every team that plays against Edmonton looks like the Harlem Globetrotters. It's absolutely ridiculous. They don't even belong in the League at this point! They look absolutely horrendous!!

The Oil WILL make the Playoffs.................. In 2017. LOL. Poor OilinOntario...

I drafted Giroux 11th overall, and I could barely suppress my laughter. I thought that was a slam dunk of a pick.

I'm still 2nd in my Pool with: Kopitar, Zetterberg, E.Kane, A.Ladd, Pietrangelo, Phaneuf, Yandle, O'Reilly, Wingels....... So, I have to just hold on here. Like you said, something is going to happen.

It reminds me of Ovechkin's "off" year two seasons ago: 65pts, -8, not many shots on goal and didn't look like himself. Giroux doesn't look like himself. I don't know what it is. He isn't skating well. He's circling away from the puck rather than towards it.

...I sit up late and night looking at the ceiling..... And I think, "damn, I should have taken Phil Kessel instead.". ROFL!!!!!!

*Just kidding* - Alex, that was for you. Enjoy the Sunday Hockey boys.

fanoleaf Posted - 11/09/2013 : 13:48:09
What the HELL is wrong with Giroux!?!?

He's better now!!! lol

I didn't see the entire game but what I did see, he seemed to be getting his chances
b-dizzle Posted - 11/09/2013 : 13:10:49
YAY he scored his first goal, only took him 16 games! He's on pace for 5 goals.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/09/2013 : 08:21:34
I just have to ask because I love a good conspiracy theory. Any chance Ed Schneider's hardline stance at last years CBA have anything to do with how poorly players have performed on the ice and thru trade return? The nuthouse in Philly last year was pretty thick, on paper this team is not a 2nd to last place team. Teams that dive for picks don't seem more in control than Philly right now. The only team worst in the East is Buffalo and yet you know that Buffalo has fully embraced a rebuild mode. Time for Philly to do the same?
Alex116 Posted - 11/08/2013 : 14:45:16
JVR move has definitely become a disaster! Schenn is struggling big time.

The Bobrovsky deal looked really bad last season, but this year he's not played well. I don't have a clue what the draft picks became, but it's likely at this point a loss for Philly (this deal).

The Richards / Carter deals are still up for debate. No denying LA won a cup and that gives them the outright edge or win at this point in time, but it may be another year before we know really what the Flyers got in Brayden Schenn? The Carter deal would be a slam dunk win for Philly if Voracek played even half as well as last season but to date, he's sucked! Keep in mind, Couturier was snagged with one of the picks from that deal!

However, Holmgren's tenure may be ending. It's gonna be interesting to see if he's allowed to make another move or two before his axing comes down.....?
fanoleaf Posted - 11/08/2013 : 14:00:44
I would not be surprised if it is the lingering injury. This is a real head scratcher for sure.

on a different note..... Brad Faye on Hockey Central (Sportsnet)at lunch read a letter from Flyers owner Ed Snider. The tone is he is obviously pissed off and I fully expect changes to be made. I think there needs to be some thought given to Holmgran's stay with the club. Think of some of the recent moves he made... Carter and Richards, JVR, Bobrovski. All these player are playing extremely well. You cant count Pronger, as he was injured, however his absence has been felt very deeply.

The Flyers also brought Hextall back to the club, perhaps he will be given the role of GM. They are starting to resemble the Leafs of the past..............

Alex116 Posted - 11/08/2013 : 12:29:24
Crock, lucky for me, i had 6th pick and he went 5th as i'm sure i'd have taken him too! Depending on your pool rules for drops / adds, i'd hesitate a little longer on ridding yourself of him. Hartnell is back and he, Giroux and Voracek (a great line last year) have been reunited. Might take them a few games to find that offensive spark again? Something's brewing in Philly where blockbuster deals are the norm so who knows what else may happen? Think JVR for Schenn (ouch), Richards / Carter being dealt, the Lindros deal, etc. Nothing's too big a move for Philly apparently?

As far as "what's wrong with him", i wonder if his injury has somehow slowed him? It was only a finger but perhaps it's affected his grip? If so, he's not using it as an excuse at this point? If not for his pace last year, i'd suggest his neck injury from playing overseas during the lockout could be part of it???

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page