Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Team Canada Goalies 2014

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 11/14/2013 : 08:04:47
Now that we are a few months away from SOCHI and Canada`s finest have had a chance to play 15 or so games who do you think Canada`s goalies should be?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sahis34 Posted - 11/17/2013 : 20:39:57
Mike Smith.He can move the puck
Pasty7 Posted - 11/15/2013 : 15:52:43
I really thought you`d be with me on the Bernier bandwagon Slozo, and i do not mean that in anyway because you are a leafs "homer" or anything like that. I thought you would be with me because you Watch the leafs play a lot.

Its no secret the Leafs give up a ton of shots, also the Leafs have been fighting some tough injuries down the middle. Missing guys like Bozak and Bolland really really hurts a goalie. A center is vital for a goalie you need him to pick upo the third man. The last leafs game i watched against the Wild the leafs were having trouble picking up Parise among others in the high slot, Bernier was money! BTW this is not an attempt to bash the leafs the point im trying to make is when a team is plagued by injuries espcially to one position as vital as center the Goalie is the guy who can keep a team in games and keep them winning, Bernier and Reimer for that matter have been doing that.

I personally think Bernier has been the best goalie in the league so far this season, thats saying a lot given the seasons Price, Harding, and others are having.

I also think it would be foolish for Team Canada to ignore the season Bernier is having.

I also think it would be foolish to take Luongo and leave a guy like Bernier off the squad based on his performance 4 years ago. To be clear im not saying Luongo is a bad goalie infact he is a great goalie I just think logically you are not going to put Iginla on team Canada because he was there 4 years ago you are going to select the best players available. I think the same goes for the goalies.

[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 11/15/2013 : 10:23:36
I'm still with Luongo and Price at this point - I give the tiniest of edges to Luongo, but from there, it goes on performance . . . it's a short tournament, so, you go with who's playing better, end of story.

The third one I can't even pick at this point, it's so difficult.

I guess it would be Crawford . . . but right there with him is Bernier in my mind, as unbelievable as that would have been to say in the summer. Mike Smith would be right there as well, I think. Holtby could still be there though, and even Reimer might have an outside shot . . .

If I had to guess right now, I'd say it'll be
Luongo, Price, Crawford.

But a lot can happen between now and January . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 11/14/2013 : 17:21:01
Funny how it's quite possible that Reimer's good play could seriously hurt Bernier's chances to make Team Canada. I don't see Bernier making it if he's not even secured the #1 spot in TO.

Personally, i don't see Luongo as anything less than the #2 at this point. With his experience and being the guy in net in 2010, i think he at least gets on as the #2 (of not the #1) and is given a game or 2 as will the other top guy and like years past, they'll go with whoever looks hot then.

My picks are Luongo and Price and as i said above, each to get a game or two in the prelims before the coach/team makes their choice on who to roll with. Could very well come down to who looks more comfortable on the larger ice surface and/or who just looks better and is ready to grab the job!

As a #3, i'd have no problem with Bernier or Crawford, as i'd prefer a young guy who may be around next time, IF there is a next time?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/14/2013 : 12:51:52
Gonna be a hard year to pick goalies for Canada. Many are playing excellent at the moment, but not always in the top of goalie categories. Crawford, Price, Loungo would be my picks at this point due to the mix of veteran been there done that accomplishments and the fact all are playing good now, but I am starting to come around on Bernier. Really thought he would be a long shot this early into his starting career. Reimer sure has made it hard for him to secure the #1. Both are playing excellent hockey.
Pasty7 Posted - 11/14/2013 : 08:20:31
I voted for Bernier, to me if Team Canada were to take the ice in a week Bernier and Price would have to be the 2 goalies Canada has in mind to start.
Both have faced a lot of shots this season and both have been stellar for their teams. I know a guy like Harding has been as impressive I havnt had a chance to Watch many of his games I have however watched all the habs games this season and quite a few Leafs games.

Both Price and Bernier seem cool as ice Under huge pressure and both have been giving their respective teams a chance to win every night.

Holtby Reimer Smith Luongo would all make good third goalies,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page