Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 BTW

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 12/05/2013 : 18:31:03
Has anyone else noticed the absence of Beans from these forums for I guess a couple months now? Anyone know why? I hope all is well.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 12/07/2013 : 20:58:32
Good to hear leigh, thanks for wading in. I can certainly appreciate a need to step back, although I wonder what else there is to do in Edmonton in the winter...
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 12/07/2013 : 15:38:20
Nice to hear. Disliked thinking a spirited debate might have caused him to step back from this forum. I know I was guilty this summer of picking a fight during the Alfredsson debate. Except now he has to come back and agree with us on how crappy the Oilers (especially Dubnyk to start the season) have played. Don't see him rushing back for that
Alex116 Posted - 12/06/2013 : 14:48:27
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hey guys, I know you've all been wondering about Beans.

Good news is that he is perfectly fine. Bad news is that he's taking a little break. He's confessed that he loves the site and the guys here but needs to spend a little less time knee deep in hockey debate (I'm sure his wife appreciates this!) He said he'd pop in throughout the year, and when the spirit moves him he'll jump back in with both feet. Obviously we'll miss his strong opinions and knack for sparking discussions, but of course wishing him well. Hope he's back soon.

Alex116, did you get my email?

Good to hear Beans is well. It's exactly the sort of thing i was hoping (him taking a break) as i feared the worst. Happy to hear, even if he hates the Canucks with a passion! Lol, have to say, at least he's honest when discussing topics involving the Canucks as he's always quick to admit his "anti Canucks bias" may have something to do with his comments! Lol.

Leigh, no sign of an email? Even checked junk folder so unless i accidentally delete it, i can't see one?
leigh Posted - 12/06/2013 : 11:34:14
Hey guys, I know you've all been wondering about Beans.

Good news is that he is perfectly fine. Bad news is that he's taking a little break. He's confessed that he loves the site and the guys here but needs to spend a little less time knee deep in hockey debate (I'm sure his wife appreciates this!) He said he'd pop in throughout the year, and when the spirit moves him he'll jump back in with both feet. Obviously we'll miss his strong opinions and knack for sparking discussions, but of course wishing him well. Hope he's back soon.

Alex116, did you get my email?
umteman Posted - 12/06/2013 : 06:10:00
As for butting heads I remember him once stating that he would sometimes post something that wasn't really even the position he actually held simply to spur on debate.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 12/05/2013 : 22:29:39
Was discussed briefly on the "Leafs good or lucky" thread, and no one there seemed to know? Hopefully all is well on his end. We've butted heads many times too, but his contributions here were very valuable to the forum(s).
nuxfan Posted - 12/05/2013 : 21:23:32
Me too - as annoying as he could be sometimes, he was generally reasonable with his arguments and had good hockey knowledge. Could be he just dropped off, people come and go from forums all the time. He was a moderator, any other mods know what became of him?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page