Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Eric Comrie's Dream Comes True

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4377 Posted - 12/29/2013 : 17:17:01
Eric Comrie just signed a three year entry level contract with the Winnipeg Jets, and here's what he had to say: "A dream come true to have signed with the Jets."

I don't want to pick on an 18-year-old kid's comments, but really, your dream was to play for the Winnipeg Jets? I'm not picking on the Jets either, but I find it hard to believe Eric Comrie's dream was to play for the Jets.

He was born in 1995 (the Jets last season), so did he form this dream when the Jets returned to Winnipeg two years ago?

Again, I'm nitpicking here, but recognizing the guidance and assistance given by parents, handlers, etc., couldn't they come up with something better?

How about, "It's a dream for me to play in the NHL, and I'm very excited to join the Jets organization."
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/30/2013 : 08:17:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Eric Comrie just signed a three year entry level contract with the Winnipeg Jets, and here's what he had to say: "A dream come true to have signed with the Jets."

I don't want to pick on an 18-year-old kid's comments, but really, your dream was to play for the Winnipeg Jets? I'm not picking on the Jets either, but I find it hard to believe Eric Comrie's dream was to play for the Jets.

He was born in 1995 (the Jets last season), so did he form this dream when the Jets returned to Winnipeg two years ago?

Again, I'm nitpicking here, but recognizing the guidance and assistance given by parents, handlers, etc., couldn't they come up with something better?

How about, "It's a dream for me to play in the NHL, and I'm very excited to join the Jets organization."

Is this the most offensive thing you could find from a professional athlete? Really?!?

Who peed in your cornflakes, dude?

(honestly, usually it's someone else asking me this question, so I had to jump all over this one! )

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 12/29/2013 : 20:57:00
I read that the way you suggest he ought to have said it. I'm assuming he meant that by signing with the Jets, thus making the NHL, his lifelong dream (of making the NHL) has been fulfilled?
Really can't see how it could be meant the other way, though it did come out that way as far as the way it sounds.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page