Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 John Tavares on Fire

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4377 Posted - 01/22/2014 : 17:23:55
You don't hear a lot about John Tavares, but he currently sits in second place (behind Crosby of course), with 62 points in 51 games.

In his last 14 games, Tavares has tallied 24 points, leading the Islanders to a 10-4 record, and bringing them closer (5 points back of Columbus right now) of the final wild card spot in the east. (The Islanders have 11 wins in their last 15 games, and of their 4 losses, three were 1-goal games.)

Tavares (and the Islanders) are unlikely to make the playoffs though. There are a cluster of teams vying for the final spot in the east, but you have to give credit to Tavares for his inspired play.

Tavares points production has skyrocketed in his first four NHL seasons, going from .66 ppg to .85 ppg to .98 ppg in his first three seasons, and 1.22 ppg so far this season. That's a big jump!

The 23-year-old centreman doesn't get a lot of attention, maybe because he plays for a team outside a playoff position, maybe because he doesn't play for an original six team, or maybe for other reasons.

I think hockey fans will notice him more if he continues his stellar play, and I suspect Canadian fans (many who don't see him play that often) will take notice when he puts on the maple leaf jersey in Sochi!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/24/2014 : 12:06:07
Hall is the closest in potential at this point in there careers. RNH and yakopov IMO are a disappointment and should be traded. Just my opinion, but without thoughs guys and what they could bring in return (players of size and 2 way play) the Oilers would be better going forward. They have a tonne of offensive depth, but are not good in 2 way physical play.
Guest8014 Posted - 01/22/2014 : 21:50:18
thankfully Tavares wasn't drafted by the oilers!
despite having bad teams year after year this guy performs and improves....hall, rnh and yakupov should take note.
Guest4377 Posted - 01/22/2014 : 19:44:41
You're right - the Tavares, Vanek, Okposo is the hottest line in the NHL right now. With 61 points in 14 games, they're flying!

When the Islanders sent Matt Moulson to the Sabres for Thomas Vanek, a lot of people questioned the trade. (On the Islanders part.) Some people guessed (before looking) that Moulson was younger, but both players were drafted in 2003, Vanek 5th overall, and Moulson in the 9th round. (263rd overall.)

Both players are UFA's the end of the season, so in addition to the players' ages, these features are the same.
Guest3232 Posted - 01/22/2014 : 18:42:43
He's such a good player, and continues to improve. The line of Vanek-Tavares-Okposo is the hottest line in the game right now, as unfortunately us Ranger fans witnessed first hand last night.
Guest4377 Posted - 01/22/2014 : 17:35:06
One more thing about Tavares. He's a bargain at $5.5 million, and his 6-year $33 million contract locks him up until the end of the 2017-2018 season.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page