Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 keeper pool trades

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9325 Posted - 02/23/2014 : 21:13:16
I traded ovechkin backstrom karlsson for duchene jvr and st. Louis. Then flipped duchenne for makinnon. Have to have a rookie and krieder was a bust, so got rid of him picked up tarasenko and wisnewski to replace karlsson. Dropped luongo and picked up bishop. Can only keep eight players at the end of the year and my defense is stacked with pieterangelo suter and weber. Figured karlsoon was going to get best return. Guys in the pool thinki messed up i thought ovechkinand backstrom were going to havea poor second half.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9325 Posted - 03/03/2014 : 03:08:08
So far so good the trade looks good so far
Alex116 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 14:31:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4446

1 point for goal 1 point for assist, just thought krecji would be better just less injury prone

Fair enough. Though Parise's had some struggles this season, i will admit i was unaware that Krecji had 50pts! Be a tougher call than i thought as a lot was expected from Parise in Minny and he's had an off year? His high end potential is def better than Krecji but Krecji's more steady perhaps?
Guest4446 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 10:12:25
1 point for goal 1 point for assist, just thought krecji would be better just less injury prone
Alex116 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 06:22:52
Again....it depends on the scoring, pool style (weekly head to head?), how many d do you dress, etc. I'd keep Parise over Krecji myself though.
Guest4446 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 04:52:21
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4446

Can't keep goalie, and you don't think krecji is worth keeping? Drop him and keep weber?

f
Guest4446 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 04:48:57
Can't keep goalie, and you don't think krieji is worth keeping? Drop him and keep weber?
Alex116 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 23:02:25
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9325

I traded ovechkin backstrom karlsson for duchene jvr and st. Louis. Then flipped duchenne for makinnon. Have to have a rookie and krieder was a bust, so got rid of him picked up tarasenko and wisnewski to replace karlsson. Dropped luongo and picked up bishop. Can only keep eight players at the end of the year and my defense is stacked with pieterangelo suter and weber. Figured karlsoon was going to get best return. Guys in the pool thinki messed up i thought ovechkinand backstrom were going to havea poor second half.

Assuming you're also guest4427? I don't like the trade really to be honest. If you're in first place currently, your goal should be to win THIS YEAR and not worry about the future. While acquiring Mackinnon is great, it doesn't help you a ton this season. I see it this way....OV>JVR, Backstrom>Duchene/Mackinnon and St.Louis > Karlsson, albeit not by much (and Karlsson is MUCH younger). I get that you have a stacked D, but I think OV/Backstrom and any of your other dmen would have gotten this deal done AND STILL may have been in the other guys favour! As for your keepers, you don't have Weber listed and Parise is a "maybe"? Yet you're keeping Krecji? And no mention of keeping Bishop? I think you need to rethink a few things.

Of course, I don't know ALL of the stats you are rewarded for and what is worth what?
Guest4427 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 16:52:46
I knew in the short term I would lose on points in the trade but I thought getting rid of the poor rookie and upgrading my goalie would mitigate the point loss. I am in first place as of now. I probably should have asked for a first round pick. I plan on keeping seguin benn jvr makinnon krieji landesgog pieterangelo and I guess st louis but I am not sure perhaps parise.
Guest2697 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 10:28:16

Which 8 do you plan on keeping?

Im guessing the scoring also includes plus minus, and even if it does, I think you should of kept Karlsson and traded Weber or Suter.

I like Duchene for MacKinnon, but if you wanted to trade your Capitals then I personally would have done Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Weber or Suter (depending of scoring system) for Duchene (later MacKinnon), St Louis, and someone better than JVR.
Guest9325 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 09:16:56
Great insight well worth asking the question,
Guest3779 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 08:45:49
If your plan was to lose the pool, then I say great trade man.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page