Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Tavares out, who to pick?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7443 Posted - 02/23/2014 : 14:03:04
With Tavares out I need to use a trade, the question is who should I trade him for. It's a one year pool and the points are;

Goal - 1
Assist - 1
SHG - 1
Hat Trick - 3

The players that are available are;
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 02/26/2014 : 09:34:51
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

nuxfan....trust me, I go in multiple pools in multiple sports and I wager on a lot of sports and I don't bet/gamble with my heart, rather my wallet. HOWEVER....in the case of Brad Marchand, break my own rule! NO WAY that prick is on a pool team of mine. Example. Pick one player from the following (box style, straight pts):
1. Chris Tanev
2. Todd Bertuzzi
3. Brian Boyle
4. Zac Rinaldo
5. Brad Marchand

I hope my other box selections are solid and I roll with "2", Todd Bertuzzi, hoping for a sudden renaissance from the old guy.

Looking at that box, there is no way you could not take Marchand, and barring injury he probably wins it. I'd hope my other box selections were solid, and would take Marchand in this box as well.

I hope you got the sarcasm there. To be honest, if some idiot made a box this bad in a pool, i prob wouldn't go in it because if the other boxes were as ridiculous, you'd have a 30 way tie for 1st by the end of it.

Just putting the emphasis on my hatred for that little weasel! Lol. To be honest, he's like pests before him and others today as well. You know, those who "you hate him, but if he were on your team, you'd love him"? Prob here is, NO, i honestly don't think i could love that little prick if he became a Canuck!
nuxfan Posted - 02/26/2014 : 09:06:12
quote:

nuxfan....trust me, I go in multiple pools in multiple sports and I wager on a lot of sports and I don't bet/gamble with my heart, rather my wallet. HOWEVER....in the case of Brad Marchand, break my own rule! NO WAY that prick is on a pool team of mine. Example. Pick one player from the following (box style, straight pts):
1. Chris Tanev
2. Todd Bertuzzi
3. Brian Boyle
4. Zac Rinaldo
5. Brad Marchand

I hope my other box selections are solid and I roll with "2", Todd Bertuzzi, hoping for a sudden renaissance from the old guy.

Looking at that box, there is no way you could not take Marchand, and barring injury he probably wins it. I'd hope my other box selections were solid, and would take Marchand in this box as well.
Guest9733 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 12:48:10
quote:

1. Chris Tanev
2. Todd Bertuzzi
3. Brian Boyle
4. Zac Rinaldo
5. Brad Marchand

Schwartz FWIW has actually been pretty consistent. Just before a PPG hot streak for 10 or 11 games just prior to the Olympic Break, he went 5 games without a point. Aside from that, he's only had a couple of 2 or 3 game droughts. He's been pretty solid.

9733 - the site I use for line combos (there's a few good ones) is LeftWingLock. It says there that in the past 10 games (where Schwartz is a PPG player) that he's been with Backes and Steen the most followed very closely by a combo with Oshie and Berglund. However, in his last 3 where he had 5pts, it says he played with Tarasenko and Roy the most? It also shows he's been on the #1 PP unit in the past 10 games. To me, this all says that he's pretty versatile and is helping his linemates moreso than relying on them.

Again, I will admit, Marchand may be the safest pick if you're looking to hold onto a position (if you're leading or close).

I'm in second and only behind by 3, first place has Malkin and Neal so I was thinking to get Jokinen to catch some points off that line. I'm pretty surprised nobody has mentioned Vermette, might be that he's on phx but he's on a 10 game point streak with 2 hat tricks this season.

I'm leaning towards Jokinen as of right now.
Alex116 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 23:42:42
1. Chris Tanev
2. Todd Bertuzzi
3. Brian Boyle
4. Zac Rinaldo
5. Brad Marchand

Schwartz FWIW has actually been pretty consistent. Just before a PPG hot streak for 10 or 11 games just prior to the Olympic Break, he went 5 games without a point. Aside from that, he's only had a couple of 2 or 3 game droughts. He's been pretty solid.

9733 - the site I use for line combos (there's a few good ones) is LeftWingLock. It says there that in the past 10 games (where Schwartz is a PPG player) that he's been with Backes and Steen the most followed very closely by a combo with Oshie and Berglund. However, in his last 3 where he had 5pts, it says he played with Tarasenko and Roy the most? It also shows he's been on the #1 PP unit in the past 10 games. To me, this all says that he's pretty versatile and is helping his linemates moreso than relying on them.

Again, I will admit, Marchand may be the safest pick if you're looking to hold onto a position (if you're leading or close).
nuxfan Posted - 02/24/2014 : 13:11:28
I would take Marchand - Alex, you can't let your emotions get in the way of a hockey pool! Has consistently underproduced this season, until about 3 weeks before the Olympics when he started to get things right again. Top-6 in BOS, decent PP time. Classic case of buying low.

Schwartz - I have had him in one of my yahoo pools while waiting for Stamkos to come back, and he's been hit and miss this year. Seems streaky, depends what line he ends up on. If he loses his top-line spot, then I would expect his production to drop.
Guest9733 Posted - 02/24/2014 : 11:28:59
quote:

If I'm doing the math correctly and adding 8pts for the 4 shorties Marchand has so far and 2 pts for the 1 SHG that Schwartz has, Marchand is 1 point ahead of him to this point in the season.

Tough call, but the bonus pts for shorties is intriguing. However, my hatred for Marchand shines through and I stick to my guns......SCHWARTZ!

Schwartz was playing on the top line with Steen and Backes until Stewart took the spot right? What line does Shwartz play on now and how much PP time does he get? I checked and it seems to be a revolving door for the Blues PP unit.
Alex116 Posted - 02/23/2014 : 20:03:42
If I'm doing the math correctly and adding 8pts for the 4 shorties Marchand has so far and 2 pts for the 1 SHG that Schwartz has, Marchand is 1 point ahead of him to this point in the season.

Tough call, but the bonus pts for shorties is intriguing. However, my hatred for Marchand shines through and I stick to my guns......SCHWARTZ!
Leafs81 Posted - 02/23/2014 : 16:48:45
I voted for Marchand.

He has some sh points and he's been producing really well lately.

Tough lost on Tavares though.
Alex116 Posted - 02/23/2014 : 16:10:23
I voted Schwartz. I like what this kid's done this year. However, Johnson is intriguing as well as he's been playing with St Loius in TB. If he sticks there when Stamkos returns, maybe his upside is higher? Might be a little riskier but the reward could be sweet.
Schwartz might be safer but Johnson might be the guy if you need to gamble (maybe you're behind enough that you have to take a chance) ?

ETA....I should add, my hate for Marchand is so high that I refuse to have him on a pool team of mine therefore I ignored him. In all fairness, he'd be a safe pick as well but with a little less upside.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page