Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 George Stroumboulopoulos to host HNIC

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 03/11/2014 : 00:01:28
Do you like or dislike Rogers Communications' decision to have George Stroumboulopoulos host CBC's Hockey Night in Canada program for the 2014/15 NHL season?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 03/15/2014 : 13:38:47
I guess we are stuck with watching Ron in Folger's commercials now.

Personally, I liked Ron and never had a problem with him. Never really got into George's show, style, or character. I also don't have any idea what he knows about hockey, so I would've appreciated someone with more knowledge on the sport if they are going to replace Ron.

Times change I guess, gotta get used to them.
The Duke Posted - 03/15/2014 : 10:58:07
Certainly miss Ron...
n/a Posted - 03/12/2014 : 11:00:38
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Basically everything Ron MacLean does now, except for Coaches Corner. George is the new host, but Ron and Don will continue their Coaches Corner segment.

I see!
Didn't realise by how much they had reduced Ron MacLean's role . . . hmm. And all this time I thought that he was a real politician-type guy who never bad-mouthed anyone . . . but someone must not like him much.

Well, we can only know when we see. I am positive that whatever weaknesses George S has, he'll be a true professional and do as much research and hard work to get himself up to speed . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ryan93 Posted - 03/12/2014 : 07:43:55
Basically everything Ron MacLean does now, except for Coaches Corner. George is the new host, but Ron and Don will continue their Coaches Corner segment.
Leafs81 Posted - 03/12/2014 : 07:01:41
Is George gonna be doing the Coach's Corner? Or is he going to just be doing the pannel.

Anyway, weird decision, I still have mix feelings about this. I remember George from doing Loud on Much Music.
ryan93 Posted - 03/11/2014 : 18:30:41
I voted dislike. I'm a big fan of Ron's, and have never cared much for George.
Alex116 Posted - 03/11/2014 : 14:46:25
I voted no, though admittedly have not seen a lot of Strombolopolous (sp?). I just don't see the need to replace (or reduce the role of) McLean, who is a lot younger than many prob realize (54?).

I'll still watch, and after awhile or a few viewings, i'll have an opinion.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/11/2014 : 09:38:37
Agree, Slozo. I have only watched his talk show a few times, but each time I have found him to be eloquent, intelligent, informed, and not in the least bit self-aggrandizing, as his appearance would suggest. Also, he has a sense of humour that seems to be in the same vein as MacLean's, which is not a thing that is easy to find. Looking forward to it.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2015.
n/a Posted - 03/11/2014 : 09:20:57
I voted "like".
Surprised at the overall negative reaction frankly . . . hmm. Wonder why that is - assuming because he's not a hockey talking head already . . .

No, I like what they did here - yes, they went with someone young and fresh - but they did it with someone who brings a lot of 'meat' to any discussion. George S is a guy on the rise who is smart, savvy, and can certainly up the intelligence quotient for any hockey discussion . . . and I think it's great to have a totally freesh take from a good, young intelligent perspective.

Did they pass over some great candidates with tonnes more "hockey experience"? Absolutely. Can any of them debate and speak like George can, while bringing in a broader, more youthful audience? Aaaahhhh . . . maybe not.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page