Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Iggy find it?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 08/27/2013 : 15:19:26
In the Boston Bruins line up will Jarome Iginla find his form once again?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/16/2014 : 07:37:39
Done Pasty.
Thanks for being gentle . . . I know it could have been much worse - this is something I can live with at least.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Pasty7 Posted - 04/14/2014 : 14:06:50
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

No worries Slozo we ll get busy from time to time! this one did come right down to it a 30 - 31 season is a pretty small margin to win by! Great bet ! And yes i agree I almost hope to see him win a cup, its just too bad he may do it with a bruins jersey!,

I believe the terms of our bet was a signature for the playoffs so I shall let you decide what it will be the only criteria i shall insist upon is that it Clearly demonstrates you are going for the habs this post season and that they are the best Canadian team!

Great bet Buddy!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Give me the exact line, wording etc and I'll make it happen by Wednesday.

Ouch, I forgot it was gonna be a Habs line thing . . . that'll hurt even more than usual for reasons I am sure you are well aware of . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Alrighty lets go with:

"All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on"

[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 04/14/2014 : 08:53:47
quote:

No worries Slozo we ll get busy from time to time! this one did come right down to it a 30 - 31 season is a pretty small margin to win by! Great bet ! And yes i agree I almost hope to see him win a cup, its just too bad he may do it with a bruins jersey!,

I believe the terms of our bet was a signature for the playoffs so I shall let you decide what it will be the only criteria i shall insist upon is that it Clearly demonstrates you are going for the habs this post season and that they are the best Canadian team!

Great bet Buddy!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Give me the exact line, wording etc and I'll make it happen by Wednesday.

Ouch, I forgot it was gonna be a Habs line thing . . . that'll hurt even more than usual for reasons I am sure you are well aware of . . .

Alex116 Posted - 04/14/2014 : 06:47:15
quote:

Great bet Buddy!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Pretty hard to argue against the Habs being the best Canadian team at this point! Iggy certainly made that bet interesting! Not gonna lie, I thought Slozo had ya!
Pasty7 Posted - 04/13/2014 : 18:59:01

Great bet Buddy!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 04/11/2014 : 21:55:36
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hey Alex. I've been trying to reach you by email but I'm not getting a response. Can you email me please? Leigh (at) pickuphockey.com Thanks!

Leigh....I emailed you. Did you get it? If not, I'm not sure what's going on? I checked my junk mail and everywhere else??? Lemme know if you didn't get it and i'll try again or from another email???
n/a Posted - 04/11/2014 : 05:44:16
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

done. 30 goals

Slozo remember when you bet against iggy the last time? You
Said never again! The best player of my generation! Guy is
Money!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Sorry bud, been super busy and I'll have to make it short:

I should have listened to my own advice, eh? You were right!

Iginla is a marvel, and . . . this is a bet I am not sore about losing whatsoever. Iginla is a great Canadian player, was an icon in Calgary, and I wish him the very best on the Bruins, on his way to a cup run. You know he is going to give his very, very best in the playoffs, and I know we are all stoked to see it. Too bad it's on the Bruins, but . . . I'll go with the Canadian-boy theme here and take the high road.

What an unbelievable way to lose the bet too! All happened in the last 20 games . . . just amazing.

Remind me of what I need to do to fulfill my bet obligation sir, and we're good. I think it's a signature at the start of playoffs, but honestly can't remember.

Cheers, and congrats to a bet well won Pasty.

leigh Posted - 04/10/2014 : 18:43:05
Hey Alex. I've been trying to reach you by email but I'm not getting a response. Can you email me please? Leigh (at) pickuphockey.com Thanks!
Alex116 Posted - 04/07/2014 : 12:45:50
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

quote:

just looked at the pole hard to believe 196 people voted no,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

I just read back some of the older posts...where has beans been all season?

Don't think he really said why he left? I believe Admin made a comment months back stating he was just simply taking a hiatus and that nothing really noticeable triggered it? Whether or not he will make a return, is/will post as a guest or someone else, etc, is totally up in the air.

This forum/board stayed strong in his absence for the first 4 or 5 months but it's sure been quiet around here lately?
markliso Posted - 04/06/2014 : 21:42:07
my theory is one of two, he still posts but under a guest or diff login or he left us completely high and dry
ryan93 Posted - 04/03/2014 : 12:42:58
quote:

[pause] Hello? Hello?

I just read back some of the older posts...where has beans been all season?
Pasty7 Posted - 04/02/2014 : 20:04:54

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Pasty7 Posted - 03/29/2014 : 16:13:08
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

done. 30 goals

Slozo remember when you bet against iggy the last time? You
Said never again! The best player of my generation! Guy is
Money!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Leafs81 Posted - 03/29/2014 : 14:22:01
done. 30 goals
Pasty7 Posted - 03/23/2014 : 20:49:49
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Yup....two more inc the cheapy! Pasty, I'm beginning to think you have some pull with the Boston coaching staff. Have you asked them to have Iggy out there when the net is empty?

I never told you my last name is chiarelli??? but actually i think its that Iggy has a streak of 30 goals in every season dateing back to like 99 so they may be trying to get him to 30, and at the same time helping my bet!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 03/23/2014 : 12:39:11
Yup....two more inc the cheapy! Pasty, I'm beginning to think you have some pull with the Boston coaching staff. Have you asked them to have Iggy out there when the net is empty?
Pasty7 Posted - 03/22/2014 : 22:22:00
28........ again with the empty netter!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 03/20/2014 : 22:09:06
quote:

Off topic - I understand passing the puck to someone else to score in an empty net, perhaps someone who doesn't score as often as you. It feels good for both players. But if there is any risk at all that it will backfire and in the process you will not secure the win, then your responsibility is to put the puck in the net. PERIOD!

It is much more selfless to score the empty net goal and secure the win for your team, than it is to do a stupid pass and risk securing the win (for whatever the reasons). Foregoing the goal is an arrogant move if making the pass has even the slightest risk.

Agreed. I wonder how many who've passed up a goal of their own to give it to a team mate missed out on a bonus for goals scored at the end of the year, by just one???
leigh Posted - 03/20/2014 : 10:54:00
Off topic - I understand passing the puck to someone else to score in an empty net, perhaps someone who doesn't score as often as you. It feels good for both players. But if there is any risk at all that it will backfire and in the process you will not secure the win, then your responsibility is to put the puck in the net. PERIOD!

It is much more selfless to score the empty net goal and secure the win for your team, than it is to do a stupid pass and risk securing the win (for whatever the reasons). Foregoing the goal is an arrogant move if making the pass has even the slightest risk.
Pasty7 Posted - 03/19/2014 : 12:49:21
quote:

I really jinxed this bet . . . yikes. 6 goals in the last 4 games, and now even the modest odds are in his favour to hit the 30 goal mark.

Bloody hell.

Bruins look good . . . and it's hard not to say that Iggy is a big part of it.

Maybe they'll decide to rest Iggy for the last 10 games . . . ?!?

I won`t say anything Slozo its not over untill the fat lady sings,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 03/19/2014 : 05:13:06
I really jinxed this bet . . . yikes. 6 goals in the last 4 games, and now even the modest odds are in his favour to hit the 30 goal mark.

Bloody hell.

Bruins look good . . . and it's hard not to say that Iggy is a big part of it.

Maybe they'll decide to rest Iggy for the last 10 games . . . ?!?

Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2014 : 23:34:41
Wasn't it Al Iafrate who once had a breakaway on an empty net and proceeded to shoot the puck into the corner just before time expired (rather than into the empty net) and then proceed to say "empty net goals are for $&**@#!" When asked why he did it?
leigh Posted - 03/18/2014 : 12:16:06
Andyhack, save a little room for me on the bandwagon. I'm a full (albeit very temporary!) Bruin fan for the remainder of the season. My boy Iggy needs a cup!

Slozo, you're right, Iggy is classless!

26 points in 19 games! I sure hope he can keep producing like this for the remaining 14 games, he would actually hit my original prediction of 75 points!
n/a Posted - 03/18/2014 : 09:29:33
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Wow....2 more tinight including a cheapy (empty netter), but they all count! You worries are legit Slozo. Iggy is def in stretch mode!

My boy Brett Hull would never have shot into the empty net like that. That kind of s*#! should be outlawed . . .

andyhack Posted - 03/18/2014 : 05:06:10
Slozo - maybe in your post on March 5th you were dreaming about the champagne that the Bruins will be drinking out of the Cup in about 3 months.

Leigh (a Bruin fan from way way back - don't deny it now Leigh) and I will be more than happy to let you join in the festivities and have a sip or two in June (

Once we're finished with watching endless replays of the Bruins second Cup victory in 4 years after Game 4 of the Finals, we can join Crock, Duke and the gang for a few beers to further analyze how trading Kessel has to go down as a tremendous loss for the Bruins.
Alex116 Posted - 03/17/2014 : 20:07:31
Wow....2 more tinight including a cheapy (empty netter), but they all count! You worries are legit Slozo. Iggy is def in stretch mode!
n/a Posted - 03/17/2014 : 18:27:10
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by markliso

7 goals left, 15 games.

he`ll be on fire down the stretch!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

I'm actually starting to worry.
Just popped another one in tonight . . . yikes.

Pasty7 Posted - 03/17/2014 : 05:06:48
quote:
Originally posted by markliso

7 goals left, 15 games.

he`ll be on fire down the stretch!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
markliso Posted - 03/15/2014 : 13:23:55
7 goals left, 15 games.
Alex116 Posted - 03/08/2014 : 14:17:22
Pasty....he's right up there! Those other guys you mention are not only centers, they played most of their careers with better complimentary players than Iginla did! As a sniper, playing without a top center, not many were better!

*Cue the Kessel comparisons
Pasty7 Posted - 03/08/2014 : 12:50:25
Yeah I was talking with a buddy of mine the other day and we were talking about best players of all time and so on, and me being 26 said of the players in my generation that I got to watch to me Iginla is the best, yes guys liken Sakic Forseberg Yzerman are all players I got to see play but to me of the players I got to watch when I was old enough to truley appreciate how they played Iginla to me is the best,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 03/07/2014 : 20:57:34
quote:

Thanks for bringing this post back to life Pasty, I've been meaning to myself.

He's been on fire in the last 13 games (19 points and a +13) I don't think he'll hit my prediction of 75 points but 65-70 is definitely in the realm of possibility. As usual he comes alive in the middle of the season.

I will definitely be cheering for him/Boston in the playoffs since the Flames are in a "time-out".

Leigh....bet ya the Canucks get more hole in one's that the Flames during the playoffs!
leigh Posted - 03/07/2014 : 17:43:02
Thanks for bringing this post back to life Pasty, I've been meaning to myself.

He's been on fire in the last 13 games (19 points and a +13) I don't think he'll hit my prediction of 75 points but 65-70 is definitely in the realm of possibility. As usual he comes alive in the middle of the season.

I will definitely be cheering for him/Boston in the playoffs since the Flames are in a "time-out".
Pasty7 Posted - 03/05/2014 : 13:27:28
yep Slozo i would say the odds are on your side but i think he will get close, i wouldn`t be suprised to see him finish withj 28ish goals, oh so close,,,,,,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 03/05/2014 : 10:49:46
quote:

on pace for 65 points and only 26 goals, I think Iggy has still got it! plus he has always been hot late in the season and a slow starter!

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Durable as always, Iginla has played in all 61 games this year.
19 goals, 29 assists, 48 pts.

21 games remaining for you to win this bet, and you need Iggy to get 1 more assist . . . and 11 goals.

11 goals in the LAST 21 games of the season.

Good luck!
(man, this champagne tastes good!)

Pasty7 Posted - 03/05/2014 : 07:14:29
on pace for 65 points and only 26 goals, I think Iggy has still got it! plus he has always been hot late in the season and a slow starter!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 09/20/2013 : 08:39:34
quote:
2 goals for Iginla playing with Lucic and Krejci, against AHLers, one goal on the power play. And Price sucked.

Didn't one go in off his skate as well?
Pasty7 Posted - 09/19/2013 : 16:50:31
quote:

quote:

I know it is only pre season but watching Iginla dominate my habs last night leaves me with split feelings, A. I may just win my bet with Slozo B. Lucic and Iginla pretty much had their way the habs last night,, may be a long season,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Aaaahhh . . . preseason games. Enjoy them, my friend, revel in the glory of all that is oh so insignificant.

2 goals for Iginla playing with Lucic and Krejci, against AHLers, one goal on the power play. And Price sucked.

Seriously?

I can dream can I sir! my hope for the preseason is just that Iggy shows such good chemistry with Lucic and espcially Krejci so he keeps playing with them that can only positivly effect his numbers!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 09/19/2013 : 08:59:57
quote:

I know it is only pre season but watching Iginla dominate my habs last night leaves me with split feelings, A. I may just win my bet with Slozo B. Lucic and Iginla pretty much had their way the habs last night,, may be a long season,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Aaaahhh . . . preseason games. Enjoy them, my friend, revel in the glory of all that is oh so insignificant.

Seriously?

Pasty7 Posted - 09/17/2013 : 05:19:55

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page