Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Gillis done

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 04/08/2014 : 12:18:47
Mike Gillis is done as GM of the Canucks.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=448707

So, will Torts be gone too? Who will replace Gillis?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 04/09/2014 : 08:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan
As for GM's - I don't even know who is available right now, or who they might be considering...

CBC reported that Markus Naslund has recently stepped down from his role as GM of MoDo, and are speculating that he could be in line for the GM job... speculation at this point.

Hard to say how Naslund would do in this role. Has been a GM in Sweden, but no NHL experience at that level.
nuxfan Posted - 04/09/2014 : 07:28:37
last night local news was reporting that Linden has been hired as team president (to be announced today), but will not be the new GM. His first job will be to hire the new GM.

If it happens, I'm OK with the Linden hiring. Its obviously an attempt by ownership to tug at the heartstrings of the season ticket base (which they may need this year - I know I'm looking forward to moving my priority up significantly with all the anticipated dropouts!). But besides being a hockey legend, Linden is actually an accomplished businessman - while a hockey team is larger than his gyms, he's not just some ex-hockey player playing team president.

As for GM's - I don't even know who is available right now, or who they might be considering...
Alex116 Posted - 04/08/2014 : 23:25:12
It has been reported that Linden was seen at Rogers Arena this morning? If true, look for him to be hired in some capacity. If nothing else it will be to have a well respected and much liked face around the team.
nuxfan Posted - 04/08/2014 : 15:32:03
well, that was quick, the season isn't even over yet...

The right thing to do for sure. I expect they'll hire a new GM, and let the GM make a decision about Torts and the future of the team. The GM should be allowed to hire his own coach. I do think that Torts will be gone, it has been clear over the last few months that the Canucks have great difficulty playing a Torts system - either the team or the coach has to go, and the latter is far easier.

Not too many names have been thrown around as replacements, although Trevor Linden keeps coming up as a candidate (he denies), as well as Bob Nicholson. I would personally like to see Nonis back but it would not happen given current ownership. Burke? I'm sure a few names will come out of the woodwork in the next week or so.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page