Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Price back for Game 6!?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyclonis Posted - 05/28/2014 : 10:19:43
Do you want Price back in net? The Rangers seemed to be able to beat him at will in Game 1 and now Tokarski (sp?) is playing great (That first Stepan goal notwithstanding in Game 5.).

So stick with the kid unless Price is 100% or roll Price back out at 85-95% as he is the #1?

I have a feeling if Price is 85% he sits but if he is 90+% he plays. Tokarski has played well but Price is their best goalie.

Will Price be back in net for Game 6?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 05/30/2014 : 17:07:30
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

...and we're done with this thread...

haha!

Lol, the real question would have been, had Price been 100% for game 7 (if the Habs had tied it late and won last night 2-1 in OT), who would start? Tokarski really gave them a great shot at forcing game 7 with only 1 GA last night! The Habs just appeared to be out of gas!
leigh Posted - 05/30/2014 : 11:20:52
...and we're done with this thread...

haha!
Alex116 Posted - 05/29/2014 : 15:18:38
quote:
Originally posted by Cyclonis

So no one thinks if Price is 85% that he should be in there even with two, at best, elimination games coming up?

Tokarski has been good, but like Alex said he hasn't stolen a game for them. Price has shown the ability to do that in the past and two games from the Finals...ugh.

Reminds me of the Oil losing Rolie just before the finals in 06...

It's all about longterm damage to his knee and the possibility of making it career threatening really.

Wasn't Roloson's injury in the SCF? Game 1 or 2? Or was it semis as well?
Cyclonis Posted - 05/29/2014 : 08:59:01
So no one thinks if Price is 85% that he should be in there even with two, at best, elimination games coming up?

Tokarski has been good, but like Alex said he hasn't stolen a game for them. Price has shown the ability to do that in the past and two games from the Finals...ugh.

Reminds me of the Oil losing Rolie just before the finals in 06...
n/a Posted - 05/29/2014 : 04:29:04
For the coach, these are the decisions you have to live and die with . . . and quite frankly, the decisions that, if they lose, you question yourself constantly afterward.

I think you stick with the standard line - if your all-star starter Price is NOT 100%, and your call-up miracle Tokarski is playing very well . . . you stick with the miracle. BUT - and this is a big but, with plenty of degrees of grey area - if Price is even CLOSE to 100%, I think you put him in.

Now how close to 100% is the thing here, but . . . in the end, no matter how well Tokarski is playing, if Price is close to 100%, he gives you a better chance to win, full stop. And that's who I go with in that situation.

But super tough call to make, for sure.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Alex116 Posted - 05/28/2014 : 17:47:10
Leigh, I heard he skated both yesterday and today WITH gear? They are still saying "done for the series" so I don't think we'll see him however if the Habs were to win the series, I think Price starts game 1 of the finals if he's 100%. Tokarski has done well, but he's def not standing on his head winning games single handedly. Usually 4 goals against gives you a loss but luckily enough, the Habs found some offense!

Cyclonis....if Price is at no (or very minimal) risk to do any serious further damage, I'd say hes in at 80%. If it's too risky they'd stick with Tokarski. Like I mentioned though, unless Montreal is playing games, which is entirely possible at this time of year, he's done for the series. I don't think that game 1 and the Rangers "scoring at will" will have any affect on the decision to play Price moving forward. It was a bad game all around for Montreal, the proverbial "let down game" following a huge series win over their biggest rival. It would be like saying "Maybe Talbot should start tomorrow cuz The Habs seemed to have solved King Henrik and "scored at will" on him last night!
leigh Posted - 05/28/2014 : 16:31:23
Price won't be back for game 6. He only just skated without gear yesterday. Earliest we'll see him is next round if they make it through. And if that is the case we won't see him in game one because that will mean that Tokarski is killing it.

So we won't see Price again until Tokarski loses (either in the next round, or the next season)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page