Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2014 Stanley Cup Finals Winner?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 06/02/2014 : 15:01:18
Who will win the 2014 NHL Playoffs and take home the Stanley Cup?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 06/18/2014 : 15:11:57
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

I picked LA to beat NYR in the finals before the playoffs even began. In fact, in my draft pool, I picked 6 Kings, and 5 Rangers! Too bad it was the 2013 playoff pool.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2015.

Ouch.....so close, yet so far!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 06/18/2014 : 15:02:41
I picked LA to beat NYR in the finals before the playoffs even began. In fact, in my draft pool, I picked 6 Kings, and 5 Rangers! Too bad it was the 2013 playoff pool.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2015.
Alex116 Posted - 06/14/2014 : 20:56:30
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Ahem...nailed it. Kings in 5 and Henrik stole one as I predicted.

TOOT TOOT!!!

I believe Alex116 also called it.

Bout the only thing I got right all playoffs! Oh wait....I picked Williams for the Conn Smythe, mind you that was just the other day!
leigh Posted - 06/14/2014 : 17:26:56
Ahem...nailed it. Kings in 5 and Henrik stole one as I predicted.

TOOT TOOT!!!

I believe Alex116 also called it.
Alex116 Posted - 06/13/2014 : 11:17:38
Slozo...I think they had 2 subpar efforts myself, including he game 4 win. If not for Lundqvist, they could have been blown out and were outplayed for the most part! Having said that, I think they deserved to win one of the first two so realistically they could be at 2-2.

Def comes down to tonight though ironically I give more of a chance of LA winning in NY in game 6 than I give the Rangers tonight! Still rooting for them of course (NYR).
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/13/2014 : 10:57:07
I have found the opinion of many lately is that its not a matter of who, more a matter of when LA wins the cup. Goes back as far as the game 2 win, like LA badly outplayed New York and King Henry has lost his A game. A win tonight in LA will bring it back to NY and I wouldn't bet against a NYR win on home Ice should it reach a game 6 or a game 7 win in LA if they can come fro behind to force it. So it all comes down to tonight. If the Rangers win I expect a game 7 in LA. I'd hate to be the other team playing against the Rangers now, who have shown up in 3 - 1 goal games (they could have won all 3) without major contributions from there A players and only had 1 bad game this series.
Alex116 Posted - 06/12/2014 : 10:53:48
Game , IN LA, will be a monumental task for NYR to win. However, if they can, they suddenly have a lot of life in the series as they'd be coming home trying to force a game 7 where one little bounce or stroke of luck can change things in massive ways!

Never say never, but game 5 is a game i can see them winning ONLY on the back of Lundqvist. It's probably a tougher game to win for them than game 7 would be!
n/a Posted - 06/12/2014 : 06:32:19
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Think it's time for Rick Nash to step his game up? Sweep sweep? Or will my prediction of LA in 5 be the first one I nail all playoffs? Lol...

I've been waiting for Rick Nash to wake up all playoffs. Doesn't look like it'll happen, outside of an act of god.

If the Rangers can pull off a massive upset and beat LA in Game 5 . . . it'll be #1 Lundqvist, #2 St. Louis, and #3 one of Kreider/Brassard. Exactly like last game.

Sorry - and to add to that, McDonagh will have to be great again as well, he's in at #3 as well.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Alex116 Posted - 06/11/2014 : 15:57:32
Think it's time for Rick Nash to step his game up? Sweep sweep? Or will my prediction of LA in 5 be the first one I nail all playoffs? Lol...
leigh Posted - 06/05/2014 : 14:45:55
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Good answer Slozo. I was cringing thinking your reply would be "There should be another option....Too early to tell"!

Zing!!
leigh Posted - 06/05/2014 : 14:44:36
Completely agree with Alex on all points. Cheering for NYR but it will be LAK in 5. I want to say 4 but I think King Henrik will steal one.
Alex116 Posted - 06/04/2014 : 23:21:22
Wow....some might say this game will give NY confidence that they can compete with LA but I think they really needed that one to have a shot.

Game 2 prediction: 4-1 LA
Pasty7 Posted - 06/04/2014 : 18:09:35
Rangers in 6,

after watching the rangers habs i think everyone is severly underestimating this team!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 06/04/2014 : 06:23:20
You're tooooooo funny, Alex.

The more I think about it actually . . . the more I think that the Rangers truly have a chance. The Rangers will really have to utilise their speed, and skilled players that have been . . . I'll call them "sleepers" so far for NY - Nash, Brassard - will have to bring their A game. I really think Nash is going to be key to a Rangers win/strong showing. He can be a game-changing player, and one or two games where he takes over . . . and if St. Louis and Richards can be as good as they have been in key games . . . it's a toss-up, I think.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Alex116 Posted - 06/03/2014 : 06:33:31
Good answer Slozo. I was cringing thinking your reply would be "There should be another option....Too early to tell"!

n/a Posted - 06/03/2014 : 05:33:49
I think it will still be the Kings, but I think the Rangers will at first really put a scare into them, and push them.

The equaliser for me is that LA will be a tired and battered team - no matter how "pro" they are, no matter how much heart and skill they have . . . tired is tired. and 3 game 7's in a row, all the overtime games . . . it's the most any team in the history of hockey has had to deal with, getting to the finals.

I say it's LA in 7 games, and for the first time ever, a team plays the maximum # of games possible in a hockey playoffs. And it'll probably be one of their skilled 3rd/4th liners that puts the game away in that game 7 (see: Mike Richards).

Is that a specific-enough prediction?

Alex116 Posted - 06/02/2014 : 23:00:45
100% rooting for the Rangers!

100% betting on the Kings.

Hoping I'm WAAAAY off, but I'm going with the popular vote and saying Kings in 5.

GO NYR!
leigh Posted - 06/02/2014 : 15:01:52
For bonus points, how many games will it take?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page