Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 where do all the big centers go?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/20/2014 : 10:28:21
The general consensus among NHL GM`s for years has been a big two way center who can produce close to .8 ppg is extremely valuable. These centers are real tough to find yet this year there seems to be a plethora of these types of players available. Joe Thornton, Ryan Kessler, Jason Spezza, Mike Richards, Brad Richards, Paul Stastny are all available not to mention lesser names like Legwand, Roy, Grabovski are all UFA`s there seem to be a lot of Centers available. I`m curious to see where these players will end up, and because the market is saturated if they will command as much as we have seen in recent years either by trade or in $. What do you guys think?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 06/29/2014 : 17:50:57
He can be if he wants. If he is just $$$ hungry then he won`t be. If he accepts 4 - 4.5 m per season for 4- 5 years he may be a leaf, guess it depends on what he wants........i think Bolland will get around 5 m per season for 7 years somewhere if he so chooses.
nuxfan Posted - 06/28/2014 : 19:17:27
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

God i wish the leafs would pick up Stastny and trade kadri

Bozak
Stastny
Bolland
Holland......would be set down the middle

I'm pretty sure Bolland is not going to be the 3rd line C for TOR next year...
The Duke Posted - 06/28/2014 : 17:55:17
God i wish the leafs would pick up Stastny and trade kadri

Bozak
Stastny
Bolland
Holland......would be set down the middle
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 12:04:44
Hate to say it, but as usual, i get the feeling someone will overpay for Stastny! UFA's scare the heck outta me!!!
n/a Posted - 06/27/2014 : 10:27:37
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

Reading your comment, not sure if you are aware or not slozo, but Paul Stastny is a UFA. Latest on his front is that he plans to test the market. I'm pretty sure you'll see the Dallas Stars bring in someone to center the 2nd line. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a play for Stastny.

Forgot about that, right. Dallas is probably going to be busy, I agree . . . but I also wouldn't look past Toronto and Montreal then - they'll both make an offer to him, I would think.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
ryan93 Posted - 06/26/2014 : 16:48:40
Reading your comment, not sure if you are aware or not slozo, but Paul Stastny is a UFA. Latest on his front is that he plans to test the market. I'm pretty sure you'll see the Dallas Stars bring in someone to center the 2nd line. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a play for Stastny.
n/a Posted - 06/25/2014 : 08:42:02
Wow, all those centers, and not one mention of Toronto? Am I in a Twilight Zone episode here?!?

I kid, I kid . . . sorta.

Spezza: I agree, Ottawa will do EVERYTHING in their power to send him west. But it's really anyone's guess where . . . I would guess St. Louis, myself.

Thornton: I think it's still only a 25, 30% chance he actually moves - but he is one guy who probably prefers a smaller, low-pressure market. So, he's not going to Toronto (although they'd love to have him), NYR, back to Boston, Montreal, etc. Who knows though?

Mike Richards is stay in LA.

Ryan Kesler, spelled with one 's': I will ad Toronto to the possibilities here, with the caveat that the Flyers are probably front-runners, IMHO. Pens could still kick the tires, so could Anaheim and a lot of other teams . . . but I feel he's coming out east.

Stastny (but this could turn into Ryan O'Reilly as well) - he's a low probability for a trade, due to Patrick Roy saying he'll do everything to re-sign him. But where he'd go is anyone's guess. Going by need, what Colorado would want back, and traditional trading partners . . . I'd put Toronto and Montreal right up there, after that, no idea.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Alex116 Posted - 06/24/2014 : 16:23:57
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

my reasoning for dallas was this. Van is goingt o want an arm and a couple legs from CHI adn Pits wont want to pony up the pieces need to land kessler because he will be the third line centre behind crosby and malkin.

i said dalas because it is a good spot for him to be a second line centre on a young up and coming team.
It is just a hunch for me

Latest today is Anaheim and Chicago as his preferences. I get the feeling neither wants to pay the asking price and it may come right down to the draft. IMO, the Canucks need to make this move at or before the draft as having it linger on through the summer won't help as far as i'm concerned!

Chicago's two biggest obstacles from what i'm reading is cap space and asking price. They need to have some room to re-up Kane and Toews (next year i think?) and Kesler will inch them very close to the cap. The next issue is that the Canucks are bent on having Saad as part of the deal. I don't blame the Hawks for not wanting to include this kid as he looked really good in the playoffs this year and is no longer a rookie nor project of any sort! Teravainen (Sp?) is the other guy that the Canucks are rumoured to be interested in but again, the Hawks are not wanting to lose this kid? Anaheim is in a similar position with guys like Smith-Pelly and Bonino?

Will be interesting to see what happens!
mandree888 Posted - 06/24/2014 : 09:30:56
my reasoning for dallas was this. Van is goingt o want an arm and a couple legs from CHI adn Pits wont want to pony up the pieces need to land kessler because he will be the third line centre behind crosby and malkin.

i said dalas because it is a good spot for him to be a second line centre on a young up and coming team.
It is just a hunch for me
Alex116 Posted - 06/23/2014 : 11:09:55
Unless they're just "hunches", i 'm not sure what makes you guys think Dallas or NYR for Kesler? Pitts and Ana were the front runners at the deadline, and with both bowing out earlier than they'd have liked from the cup chase, they'll likely both be looking hard at making this move still. Rumour here is that there are 4 major players for Kesler and they are Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Chicago and i believe St. Louis? However, most reports still claim he's (Kesler) pushing hard for Chicago and if not, Pittsburgh.

I could see Spezza in Anaheim if they don't get Kesler, though i've read that Ottawa wants their first round pick (10th overall) back as part of the deal and Anaheim isn't keen on giving it up. After losing to LA, both Chi and Anaheim are going to be keen on securing a better 2nd line C than what they currently have!

Lombardi is very faithful to his players and i think he'll find a way to keep Richards. A lot was made of Richards playing a 4th line role but in reality, it wasn't your typical 4th line role. It's not like he was playing 3 or 4 mins a game, in fact, he played a pretty good role and saw i believe 12-13 mins a game. Sure, far cry from what he used to do, but at 5.75M for another 5 years, it's gonna be a tough decision for LA.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/20/2014 : 13:09:04
In my perfect dream scenerio, Spezza who has submitted a 10 team list of where he does not want to go will likely not have San Jose on the list. Thorton would be a perfect fill in for Spezza, but just as likely Marleau, although not the one I want most. Both teams would love the extreme distance the player leaving there roster would have because either of them could hurt them in a divisional or conference rivalry and neither team wants to see the player against on a regular basis..

Kessler will be sought after a lot, but my money is on a team like New York picking him up. With Richards as a buyout candidate there is room if Sather can snag another highly sought after player in the offseason. New York certainly has the trade bait and appeal.

Mike Richards being available is a rumour due to what newspeaople think buyouts will affect contending teams. I think LA finds a way to keep him.

Grabovski seems a good fit in Washington, I expect them to make a decent offer.

Those are the ones I have my best guess for
mandree888 Posted - 06/20/2014 : 12:55:06
spezza in St louis
Thorton - either staying in SJ or heading east is what i have heard
M. Richards either staying in LA or heading east is what i heard
B. Richards most likely a camp invite i am gonna say Winnipeg
Stastny i would be surprised if he wasn;t resigned
kessler - dallas is my guess

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page