Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Off Season changes

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mandree888 Posted - 06/20/2014 : 07:47:20
what Chnages would you like to see you team make.
Me?
with TOR i would ove some better Defence.
i would like to see Phaneuf either traded or the C stripped from him and recive less minutes.
players i would like to see on Defence include
niskanen
possibly boyle
orlov
myers
bieksa
campbell
take your pick

the avalanche?
been rumored to be interested in Bolland that could be interesting
defence needs to be upgraded here too
so much of the same

hhmm just spit balling here O'rielly for bolland?
and the PAP and 1st round pick in this draft for JVR?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ryan93 Posted - 07/02/2014 : 18:07:40
Happy to see Dom Moore resigned, and Dan Boyle should be a nice addition. He might not be the same player he was 5 years ago, but he's still a solid blue liner who should help the Richards-less power play.

Would of liked to kept Brian Boyle around, especially at the $2 million he signs for. But it was pretty clear he wanted to move on, and the chance to play a bigger roll for a club.
mandree888 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 17:03:03
ths trade was two players who had fallen out of favour with their coaches. also making room for next year maybee is anticipating they are gonna need the cash to resign a certain player? my guess is they are hoping for a 1 year salary arbitration deal with ROR and and then giving him a longer term after that?? i dont know it was a pretty usless trade really.
Alex116 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 16:13:45
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

only thing i can think is Yzerman is makeing room to add one of the big FA`s available!

Exactly my thoughts. But, who might that be??? I can't figure out who Stevie Y might be saving all this money for? At first I thought Niskanen, but when I looked at CapGeek, I'm either reading it wrong, or TBay only has 9 forwards under contract meaning they're in need of some fwd's!
Alex116 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 16:09:46
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

quote:

PA Parenteau and a 5th round selection for D. Briere, really????

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

i could care less about this so far. brier will help in the playoffs for us. but where we need help is D .... that being said PA had two years left and Brier only 1. so it frees some cap space for next year.

I must be missing something in this deal? Sure, Parenteau has two years to Briere's one left on their deals, but Briere wasn't really all the useful for Montreal last year, to the point that he was a fourth liner in the playoffs for the most part? I would like to think that the Av's could have gotten more for PA than that?

mandree888 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 15:48:38
quote:

[pause] Hello? Hello?

i could care less about this so far. brier will help in the playoffs for us. but where we need help is D .... that being said PA had two years left and Brier only 1. so it frees some cap space for next year.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 12:16:57

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Pasty7 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 11:57:14
I think the worry is Gorges is wearing down given his 110% he gives night in night out, this year Gorges appeard slow and worn out on many nights, I think MB wants to try and move him while he still has some value, watching him play over the last few seasons his effectivness has been on the decline and 3.9 million is a lot to pay a player on the decline for 4 more years. however the guy is a pure winner and 100% class and i would hate to see his presence in the locker room go.

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Leafs81 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 11:46:00
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

what is the deal with Georges? Why is MTL so keen to suddenly trade this guy? I don't see him enough to comment on his play, but a seemingly good stay-at-home dman for 3.9M seems reasonable... whats up with him?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Especially the success they just had in the playoffs, why getting rid of Gorges.

The best I can think of is that they want to make salary room for Subban and they also have Tinordi and Beaulieu who are making strides in the right direction.

Also Montreal just got rid of Brière to get Parenteau. Great trade for Montréal if you ask me.
nuxfan Posted - 06/30/2014 : 11:08:31
what is the deal with Georges? Why is MTL so keen to suddenly trade this guy? I don't see him enough to comment on his play, but a seemingly good stay-at-home dman for 3.9M seems reasonable... whats up with him?
Pasty7 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 07:28:51
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

quote:

well Gagner going to Arizona kinda nixs any chances of the deal i suggested going through they just got their replacement for ribero, great move by the Yotes

[pause] Hello? Hello?

That was a few weird moves by the Lightning. In the end they traded away Teddy Purcell, BJ Crombeen and Nate Thompson for a 4th a 6th and a 7th pick.

I don't think that the Lightning were the deepest team (a la Philly a few years back) or that they were against the cap (a la Chicago)

To give away three forwards from their roster just like that, that's got to hurt.

Phoenix are laughing, they got Sam Gagner and BJ Crombeen for a 6th round pick

only thing i can think is Yzerman is makeing room to add one of the big FA`s available!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Leafs81 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 06:02:24
quote:

well Gagner going to Arizona kinda nixs any chances of the deal i suggested going through they just got their replacement for ribero, great move by the Yotes

[pause] Hello? Hello?

That was a few weird moves by the Lightning. In the end they traded away Teddy Purcell, BJ Crombeen and Nate Thompson for a 4th a 6th and a 7th pick.

I don't think that the Lightning were the deepest team (a la Philly a few years back) or that they were against the cap (a la Chicago)

To give away three forwards from their roster just like that, that's got to hurt.

Phoenix are laughing, they got Sam Gagner and BJ Crombeen for a 6th round pick
Pasty7 Posted - 06/30/2014 : 05:15:40

[pause] Hello? Hello?
mandree888 Posted - 06/29/2014 : 10:14:58
its a big if! i think any team that if a divisional rival signs your player to an offer you sheet you match no matter what. PK is ELITE! and the habs will not let him go no matter the cost. yes the will try to get him as cheap as possible but in the end they wont let him walk no matter how many draft picks they get.
Leafs81 Posted - 06/29/2014 : 09:07:00
I like what the Leafs did there. They needed a stay at home defense that could shut down the best opposition players and start in the defensive zone faceoff coverage.

Even though a lot of Leafs fans liked Gunnarson, I never really was a big fan, too soft to be shut down and not talented enough to be an offensive dman.

It now gives Gardiner and Rielly more time and a bigger role on the offense, which is where they excell.

I would like to see Phaneuf gone, but with his contract it's near impossible. And also if and when Phaneuf is back he should not quarterback the first powerplay, he's horrendous, didn't you get that yet Carlyle????

I like Franson and I would resign him over keeping Phaneuf, but if Phaneuf is back (which he will) there is no room for Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly and Franson, so Franson needs to go.

As for backup goalie, I don't think Brodeur is the right fit, maybe a guy like Lindback (a young potential goalie) or a guy like Budaj (a solid veteran willing to be backup).

Mandree, I don't like what you suggested for giving an offer sheet to PK. Keep away from those Nonis, because if the Habs doesnt match the offer, they will end up giving away a bunch of good draft picks. Not good for a rebuilding team. And also I don't think that going at war against the Montreal Canadiens would be really smart down the road. Plus PK is not the solution to our problems.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/29/2014 : 08:42:58
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Pasty....absolutely HATED your trade suggestion when I first read it but looked up Yandle and realized he's just 27 (thought he was 30-31). Seemed like giving up a young future offensive guy on D aling with Plekanec was too much AND too impatient but with Yandle's age being what it is I don't think its so bad. However, with Markov re-sugning and assuming PK gets signed longterm, is there a need for Yandle (esp with Beaulieu coming along as well?)?

I know what you mean though it does hurt me to give up Beaulieu, if i were MB my offer would be more like Pleckanec and Gorges for Yandle, but i don`t know if that would be enough given that plek is in his 30`s and gorges is 29 and both come with a cap hit of 5m and 3.9 respectivly,

but at the same time Beaulieu is young and unproven and his max potential is exactly what Yandle is now, a strong skateing puck moving D-man, and as you said Yandle is in his prime at 27,

i could only imagin the habs powerplay with Yandle Subban in the first wave then Markov and Beaulieu or Emelin on the second wave,,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 06/28/2014 : 20:47:45
My only question to Slozo would be "for what?". As in, what would you want in return for Kessel, because I'm sure there'd be a market for him!

Duke....Bolland won't be back by the sounds of it and while I'd agree he's a very good/useful player to have, the contract he's looking for is too rich IMO (especially considering the term he wants!). There's rumours out there that the Canucks are interested and I hope that they don't pull the trigger unless he agrees to much less term (heard he was looking for 6-7 years???). In fact, I don't really want him at all at his age as I don't think the Canucks will be in a position to challenge for the cup until he's more or less a bit player.

I agree was well that Brodeur wouldn't be a good fit in TO. While he's willing to play the backup role, he does want a situation where he can play 30-35 games min. I'd actually prefer he be here over Miller (again, a lot of rumours about him coming here?) as it'd be shorter term for sure and even in a platoon role will Lack, it could be a good experience. However, I'm guessing he wants to go to a team where they have a shot next year????

Niskanen? I get the feeling that with this week UFA crop, this guys' gonna make a mint! Someone is going to pay this guy big bucks and it will likely be an overpayment. Don't get me wrong, I think he's really good. I just don't think he's as good as what he'll end up making! But, if a team has the dough and the cap space, it could be a good fit!
The Duke Posted - 06/28/2014 : 17:44:10
Slozo, Kessel may not bring leadership to the table but he does score. If they rid themselves of kessel, WHO will put the puck in the net for them ??....3 concec. years in top 10 league scoring and pushed 40 goals this season...what do people want from him ?

I`d go opposite in regard to moving kessel and keeping Phaneuf

I surely agree with moving Gunn ( which is already done ) and Franson.....plus deal Phaneuf, this defence is horrible and soft.

Remember last season ( late season ) when Phaneuf went from PLUS 19 down to PLUS 2..... ???......he went down - 17 after J . Bernier got hurt because Bernier wasn`t there to cover his A$$...his F-up`s......this guy is a defensive disaster who moves like a cement truck.

Staal or a R. O`Reilly type player would be perfect but how can u get them if not through the draft, lets be honest.

kadri will always be soft, remember last season before Bozak got hurt and the 1st line was on fire ?...do you remember the numbers the 1st line put up with kadri as center ??.....-7...-8...and -8....and collectively almost NO points in 8 or 10 games...kadri instantly killed the 1st line when inserted there. The only reason Nonis hasn`t traded kadri is because he cant get Jack s*** in return for him.....useless player who can`t win a face off and compete with GOOD opposing centers

Bolland is a great player, i`d keep him, last seasons injury was a fluke.

Why bring in Brodeur to bicker with Bernier all season ?? Do you think Brodeur wants to sit on the bench for 60 games and watch Bernier ? Surely you don`t think Brodeur should be playing ahead of Bernier ??....C. Sch is even asking his status in NJ this season because all # 1 goalies don`t want the teams management putting another goalie in place threatening them, this doesn`t work.

I would give Clarkson a bigger role and some PP time in front of the net.

Bring in Niskanen and Stastny plus a couple more, drastically change this team. Let T.J. Brennan play. Use Holland - Josh . L and maybe 2 more AHLer`s...let some youth with speed and size play.

As GM i would get rid of......
Phaneuf, Gunn ( done ), Franson

Lupul, ( always hurt or playing hurt ), Kadri ( too soft ), Kulemin ( steady but replace him with youth ), Raymond ( skilled but the leafs need more size )....and the whole 4th line would be HISTORY !!!....worst 4th line in hockey
Alex116 Posted - 06/28/2014 : 16:54:19
Pasty....absolutely HATED your trade suggestion when I first read it but looked up Yandle and realized he's just 27 (thought he was 30-31). Seemed like giving up a young future offensive guy on D aling with Plekanec was too much AND too impatient but with Yandle's age being what it is I don't think its so bad. However, with Markov re-sugning and assuming PK gets signed longterm, is there a need for Yandle (esp with Beaulieu coming along as well?)?
Pasty7 Posted - 06/28/2014 : 14:40:28
Well Slozo you just got one of your wishes, A lot of peopl undervalue Polak but Nuxfan is dead on in my opinion, I like this deal for the Leafs,

I would like to see the habs move Plekanec, fo two reasons, 1, he still has some value at 32 and under contract for 3 more season at a reasonable cap hit so their could be a decent return,

2, it is time Alex Galchenyuk step into the spotlight in Montreal as the big center he was drafted to be, I want to see Galchenyuk play in all situations this coming season and see at least 16 min of ice time a game, for this to happen the habs must move a center.

a trade i would try to make is with Phoenix, with the recent Ribeiro buy out i think this could fit.

To Phoenix : Thomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal: Keith Yandle
3rd round pic

Their have been rumours for years that Yandle is trade bait i think this is a viable trade that benifits both teams,

I would like to see the habs add a top six forward but what is available isn;t too tempting, maybe give Booth a shot if he doesn`t expect much more than 2 million a year, his speed and size would fit well with the habs,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
nuxfan Posted - 06/28/2014 : 13:09:01
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

Leafs traded gunnerson and a pick for polak.

seems like side ways move by the leafs but it is a right handed defensman that the leafs didnt have. i will reserve judgemnet until pre season :P lol

Polak is a beast. He has consistently been ranked as one of the most difficult defenseman to play against in the west - and given the size in the west, thats saying something. Tough as nails, uses his size to separate players from the puck, not shy about throwing the big hit or dropping the gloves.

I don't know what Gunnerson brought to the table, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better stay-at-home dman than Polak.
mandree888 Posted - 06/28/2014 : 12:58:00
Leafs traded gunnerson and a pick for polak.

seems like side ways move by the leafs but it is a right handed defensman that the leafs didnt have. i will reserve judgemnet until pre season :P lol

also an idea for leaf fans.
would you (if you were the GM) Offer Sheet PK SUBBAN
to the leage max for 7 years? there by crippling the habs? (because lets be honest they would match that)
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 12:09:51
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Obviously my team is Toronto,

I'd love for Toronto to truly make a big splash, and deal Kessel. Get someone of lesser ability talent-wise, but a guy who is true captain material who can be built around.

Eric Staal type guy . . . maybe someone who has fallen out of favour just a bit, but can be had perhaps for the right price. Patrick Marleau, Even a guy like Ryan O'Reilly with a decent player besides . . . you get the picture.

Not likely to happen, I know, I know.

Beyond that, I don't mind keeping Phaneuf - but we need to get rid of Franson, and probably Gunnarsson, and replace them with a top 4 stay at home defenceman. Two of them, really . . . one for a top line pairing with Reilly, the other for a bottom 6 pairing. Phaneuf could be paired with Gardiner perhaps, and tasked with a much less offensive role.

Need a solid, experienced veteran back-up goalie - sign Brodeur, he'd be perfect.

Don't re-sign Bolland, let him walk. Let Clarkson stay, he'll hit the reset button and come back with a strong season, I feel. Kadri will have a breakout season, I predict. Lupul can be dealt for an upgrade in games played, and with more physicality.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!

WOW! Slozo, you are a unique Leafs fan! Some of what i bolded surely goes against what the majority of Leafers want!

BTW, when's your bet over with Pasty? Unfortunately, Canada's hope of the Stanley Cup in 2014 is now up to visits from LA players from our fine country!
n/a Posted - 06/27/2014 : 10:25:46
Obviously my team is Toronto,

I'd love for Toronto to truly make a big splash, and deal Kessel. Get someone of lesser ability talent-wise, but a guy who is true captain material who can be built around.

Eric Staal type guy . . . maybe someone who has fallen out of favour just a bit, but can be had perhaps for the right price. Patrick Marleau, Even a guy like Ryan O'Reilly with a decent player besides . . . you get the picture.

Not likely to happen, I know, I know.

Beyond that, I don't mind keeping Phaneuf - but we need to get rid of Franson, and probably Gunnarsson, and replace them with a top 4 stay at home defenceman. Two of them, really . . . one for a top line pairing with Reilly, the other for a bottom 6 pairing. Phaneuf could be paired with Gardiner perhaps, and tasked with a much less offensive role.

Need a solid, experienced veteran back-up goalie - sign Brodeur, he'd be perfect.

Don't re-sign Bolland, let him walk. Let Clarkson stay, he'll hit the reset button and come back with a strong season, I feel. Kadri will have a breakout season, I predict. Lupul can be dealt for an upgrade in games played, and with more physicality.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
ryan93 Posted - 06/26/2014 : 16:58:35
I hated to see Brad Richards go. I've been following his career since he was playing minor hockey here in PEI. Was ecstatic when he joined the Rangers. Honestly though, buying him out was something the Rangers had to do. Moving forward, he just wasn't going to be worth the $6.67 million cap hit. His presence both on the ice and in the locker room will be missed though. Although not officially, he was the captain and leader of the team. He quarterbacked the power play, and led the team in scoring for the majority of the season (finished 3rd).

I would like to see both Dominic Moore & Anton Stralman resigned. Same goes for Brian Boyle & Benoit Pouliet if the price is right. I think both Boyle (who doesn't sound like he plans on returning) & Stralman will be looking for more then the Rangers will be willing to offer however.

With Richards gone, and if Stralman walks, they'll need both someone to play on the PP with McDonagh, and a 2nd pairing defensemen. I'd be ok with them filling both holes with a guy like Dan Boyle. And if either Boyle or Moore goes, another center will be needed. Especially with the departure of Richards.
Alex116 Posted - 06/23/2014 : 11:14:40
Rebuild. Simple as that. Take advantage of whatever the Sedin's have left in the tank to use to be somewhat competetive (though i wouldn't mind a tank job for Eichel or McDavid) and allow them to "teach" some of the new youngsters (Shinkaruk, Horvat, Jensen, #6 pick, etc) the way of the NHL.

Give Lack and Markstrom both a shot at the #1 and see if either is going to have the pedigree. Worst case scenario if they both fail miserably is maybe a shot at the two aforementioned future studs?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page