Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Kesler a Duck

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 12:13:59
SO, its finally happened. Ryan Kesler has been dealt to the Anaheim Ducks for forward Nick Bonino, defenseman Luca Sbisa and the 24th overall pick in tonights draft.

Not nearly what a lot of unrealistic Canuck fans expected (i'd been reading and hearing people talk of Etem, 10th overall AND a prospect) but pretty close to what i figured they'd get and i'm ok with it. Sure, i'd have loved to have seen more, but the Canucks were backed into a corner due to the NTC and Kesler's desires to go to a very few teams.

Thoughts?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/15/2014 : 09:53:36
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by slozo
I also agree - Canucks (for once) got GREAT value for Kesler who really handcuffed them (which was his right, a right given to him by those very Canucks).

The only problem i have with this is that HE (Kes) wanted out. It wasn't like Garrison where the team went to him and asked him to waive. In Garrison's case, i have NO PROBLEM with him dictating where he'd accept going, however, in Kesler's case, where he's the one requesting they accomodate his wish to move on, i feel he should have expanded his list to some degree. Get what i'm saying?

quote:

Bonino has excellent potential, especially if paired with some talent.

Uh, yeah, this is where we may have a problem.....

quote:

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!

Are you still obligated to have this siggy? Was the wager for the entire off season, or till playoffs were done? Just curious, cuz i'm beginning to think you're a Habs fan.

I fixed it. Thanks for the reminder

Fair enough on the paired with talent remark . . . but still, no matter what, you Canucks got good return for a very limited set of options to move an asset.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Alex116 Posted - 07/14/2014 : 10:17:28
quote:
I also agree - Canucks (for once) got GREAT value for Kesler who really handcuffed them (which was his right, a right given to him by those very Canucks).

The only problem i have with this is that HE (Kes) wanted out. It wasn't like Garrison where the team went to him and asked him to waive. In Garrison's case, i have NO PROBLEM with him dictating where he'd accept going, however, in Kesler's case, where he's the one requesting they accomodate his wish to move on, i feel he should have expanded his list to some degree. Get what i'm saying?

quote:

Uh, yeah, this is where we may have a problem.....

quote:

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!

Are you still obligated to have this siggy? Was the wager for the entire off season, or till playoffs were done? Just curious, cuz i'm beginning to think you're a Habs fan.
n/a Posted - 07/13/2014 : 08:01:25
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Base on the NTC this is a great trade by the Canucks. They got two solid depth NHL players and a first round for a great player that has his best seasons behind him and that is injury prone.

Bonino could get into the 20 goals 50 points mols and Sbisa is a good 4th or 5th defenseman. Plus they got a first round pick that is high value for trade bait or they will get a good prospect out of this.

Great trade by the Canucks

I agree. Given Kesler only listed 2 teams as destinations, I think VAN got great value in return.

From ANA I wanted to see either Smith-Pelley or Bonino as part of the return, and they got Bonino. Good young forward, fast and dynamic, can score. Perhaps not top line, but he should fit nicely on the second line and provide secondary scoring. I like Sbisa as well, young defenseman with upside. Probably won't be top-2, but should fit into the top-4 eventually. 24th pick is icing on the cake.

ANA got the best player in Kesler. VAN got a lot of promise and some good young players to continue to build around.

Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 21:44:24
I read a lot of comments on various sites where Ducks fans were adamant that Etem, DSP and Bonino were all "non starters" as far as a deal would go. Basically untouchables as far as being included in any deal for Kesler. Since then, I've read MANY comments from Ducks fans who are psyched to have Kes on board, but are really disappointed they had to give up Bonino as part of the deal!

Sure, the 10th would have been nice, but I get the feeling that the majority would have been pissed if it was JUST the 10th. Getting Sbisa and Bonino along with a first rounder is fine by me, all things considered!

Sure, if more teams were included, the return would likely have been more but that NTC and Kes's "two team list" were big problems!

I'm beyond happy that Benning got as much as he did and pulled the trigger! If we'd gone into the season with a disgruntled Kesler, it would have been awful!!!
nuxfan Posted - 06/27/2014 : 21:11:09
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Base on the NTC this is a great trade by the Canucks. They got two solid depth NHL players and a first round for a great player that has his best seasons behind him and that is injury prone.

Bonino could get into the 20 goals 50 points mols and Sbisa is a good 4th or 5th defenseman. Plus they got a first round pick that is high value for trade bait or they will get a good prospect out of this.

I agree. Given Kesler only listed 2 teams as destinations, I think VAN got great value in return.

From ANA I wanted to see either Smith-Pelley or Bonino as part of the return, and they got Bonino. Good young forward, fast and dynamic, can score. Perhaps not top line, but he should fit nicely on the second line and provide secondary scoring. I like Sbisa as well, young defenseman with upside. Probably won't be top-2, but should fit into the top-4 eventually. 24th pick is icing on the cake.

ANA got the best player in Kesler. VAN got a lot of promise and some good young players to continue to build around.
Leafs81 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 12:25:59

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page