Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Lindros now a hall of famer (of one sort)

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 08/01/2014 : 17:32:49
The Philadelphis Flyers have anounced the induction of Eric Lindros and John Leclair, 2/3 of the legion of doom, into the Flyers hall of fame.

When do you think he will make the HHOF?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 11/23/2014 : 11:42:18
To my original point, some may not WANT Gretzky there, but they sure as hell recognize why he's there.

I don't WANT Lindros in the HHOF because I do not like him, but that personal opinion really doesn't matter whether he SHOULD be there.

Which is why I think he has been snubbed all these years...
markliso Posted - 11/23/2014 : 11:39:01
And that's the exact point I'm making, I would still dislike said douche whether he played on the Oilers or any other team.

Let's continue to use Gretzky as an example. Some have said he is a douche because he declined playing in Winnipeg and chose Edmonton over them. But there is not one Winnipeg fan that does not deny he should be in the HHOF.

To be honest, for all I know, maybe Gretzky is a total douchebag (but never really documented) But he (and a legendary 80s team) brought us 4 cups. That's one thing our douchebag can say over Philly's. :)

It's possible to not like someone but still admit their talent and if they deserve recognition. It sucks that an a$$ like that will get recognition, but the HHOF is about talent and not your personality.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/20/2014 : 10:44:29
My point wasn't that he was or wasn't a douch, but I doubt during the high times in Philly, the fans in Philly didn't see him as a douch, just the fans from other areas. If he was an Oilers player, he would have been your most celebrated douch since Gretzky. Not saying Gretzky was a douch.

quote:
Originally posted by markliso

Josh, if he was a douche in Edmonton or a douche in Quebec (you get my point.), it really doesn't matter. In my humble opinion, the guy was a douche. Never will I dispute the man's talent. I had enough exposure to him, tyvm :)

Ripley summarized it, it's hard to dispute whether he should be in the HHOF or not (considering ALL the other people in there that are less talented then he was), but I wouldn't want to see him in there.

Like I said, I don't want to start a debate. I love the snubs he gets, but eventually he will get there.

n/a Posted - 11/17/2014 : 20:41:57
quote:

Josh, if he was a douche in Edmonton or a douche in Quebec (you get my point.), it really doesn't matter. In my humble opinion, the guy was a douche. Never will I dispute the man's talent. I had enough exposure to him, tyvm :)

Ripley summarized it, it's hard to dispute whether he should be in the HHOF or not (considering ALL the other people in there that are less talented then he was), but I wouldn't want to see him in there.

Like I said, I don't want to start a debate. I love the snubs he gets, but eventually he will get there.

100% agreed.

Example: Hasek - voted in the HHOF this year, 100% deservedly so . . . and 100% douchebag. Ask anyone who ever met him, tried getting an autograph from him, any interaction whatsoever (I happened to have 2 separate incidents personally, where I observed him be an absolute prick extraordinaire).

Good is good, great is great, and whether the guy is an a--hole or not is nice for water cooler talk but should mean absolutely zero.

And I'll tell you, Lindros is probably WAY less of a douche than Hasek. I kid you not, friends!

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
markliso Posted - 11/16/2014 : 03:41:52

Ripley Posted - 11/14/2014 : 16:33:16
quote:

I don't want to start any fights with the Lindros fans, but I personally don't like him. I will not dispute that he was a good talented player, he was.

I don't want him in the HHOF, but he will eventually get there. I don't think he deserves it, but that is my own opinion and it cannot be changed by facts of who is in the HHOf currently or why people think he deserves to be there.

So you think he should be in the HHOF but you don't want him in for personal reasons. Did I summarize this well enough?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 11/13/2014 : 14:30:59
Had the Oilers drafted Lindros or he played in Edmonton while being one of the if not the best player on the ice, for the years he was considered at that level, my bet would be you wouldn't feel this way Markliso. Not saying your biased, just pointing out your exposure to him was limited and the press made him out to be the worst person in hockey, while he played the best of his career.
markliso Posted - 08/24/2014 : 22:52:09
I don't want to start any fights with the Lindros fans, but I personally don't like him. I will not dispute that he was a good talented player, he was.

I don't want him in the HHOF, but he will eventually get there. I don't think he deserves it, but that is my own opinion and it cannot be changed by facts of who is in the HHOf currently or why people think he deserves to be there.

n/a Posted - 08/15/2014 : 09:48:57
100% agree with Josh.

Lindros should be a shoo-in for the HOF due to his undisputed status as best player in the world for a good 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 yr period. That alone, for me, puts you in the HOF.

I truly hope he gets in eventually. What's right is right, despite what I or others may think of him as a person.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 08/02/2014 : 09:21:42
I have been a long time advocate of having Lindros in the Hall of Fame. I feel inevitably he will get in just like Gilmore. However, from this fans stand point, he should have been a 1st Ballot. Take out contract negotiation's and Quebec from his story line and this guy was the best player or top 5, on the ice during a period of 3 years in which guys like Sakic, Lemieux, Gretzky and Yserman played. He only became top 10-20 after the Stevens hit and further down as a result of additional injuries. That length of time to sustain elite level play against some of the best to ever play the game alone should have got him the hall of fame nod. Comparison to the best to ever play the game is why I feel he should already be in. He was a bigger better version of Iginla in his prime and as a centerman.
umteman Posted - 08/02/2014 : 07:58:02
Yes I agree, ergo I asked when rather than if.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 08/01/2014 : 23:00:30
It's only a matter of time, however, like the following article says, I think he should have been a first ballot HOFer.

This is a really good article explaining why he should already be a HOFer......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1700055-hockey-hall-of-fame-2013-inductees-why-eric-lindros-is-this-years-biggest-snub

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page