Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Chicago
 Patrick Kane

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 09/03/2015 : 09:37:51
There are rumours flying around that Patrick Kane, regardless of the outcome of this most recent "incident" involving him, may have played his last game for the Chicago Blackhawks.

Hard to imagine a team letting a guy this good go, but the Blackhawks have apparently grown tired of his antics after having given him a long leash and many chances to clean up his act! There are already 5 teams rumoured to have contacted Chicago about his availability and I can imagine the return, even with the black cloud over him, would be pretty nice!

Thoughts? Comments?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 09/25/2015 : 10:35:51
Slozo, I am not sure what you are saying in your post. Is there sarcasm intended or is it literal?? Just curious.

I find the past few days completely absurd with from the news reports of the evidence bag being delivered to the alleged victims mother to the lawyer for the alleged victim quitting the case. To coin Slozo's comment, actions do speak louder than words. Defense lawyers don't quit winnable cases. Certainly not with this level high of a profile either. Not saying Kane did nothing wrong but this is looking more and more like a money grab by a puck bunny than a full on sexual assault.

Now, again, not saying Kane did anything wrong. This is not the first time he's got himself in a pickle. Knowing his past, he has shown a bit of a trend of drinking a few too many adult beverages and making bad decisions. Maybe Kane needs to stop consuming those adult beverages for a while.

Time to keep your nose clean Mr. Kane.

n/a Posted - 09/18/2015 : 21:34:31
You saw how management backed up Kane as he showed up for zero reasons to the first day of camp, to tell everyone he can't answer questions about his ongoing situation (potential settlement)?

Backed. Him. Up.

Actions . . . they always speak louder than words.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 09/16/2015 : 11:46:05
There has been rumours for years that Chicago has been shopping Kane. Prior to the Patrick Sharp trade, even prior to there most recent cup win. Its not all personal life I assume, because Chicago has been pressed to the cap for quite a while now. I wonder if they are ever gonna pull the trigger and clear the cap space.

To the post that most people don't settle if there is no truth to the charges, I have seen many circumstances where pressure has forced people to keep the truth from the public eye. I am neither defending him or siding with the accuser, just pointing out that being that he is a high profile very rich athlete, and a representative of a very successful brand (NHL/Blackhawks) he would be pressured to settle regardless if was guilty or not. He represents a brand and the brand would want the story to go away before the season starts.

Either way the best possible solution would be to relocate him, unless there is a really good argument for him to stay
Beans15 Posted - 09/15/2015 : 11:12:28
I think the comment about organizations not letting players go for off ice issues unless there is a conviction is not completely accurate. It doesn't happen often, but players like Seguin from Boston and Carter and Richards from Philly were traded away from organizations because of off-ice antics the team did not like.

In the case of Kane, I would not be surprised either way although regardless of him staying in Chicago or not, the team he plays for (and he will play) will have a PR issue to deal with. This isn't a guy who just partied a little too hard like the other names I mentioned. We are talking about an alleged situation that is far more severe. And regardless of him being charged or not, there is a stigma created when his team is trying to arrange a settlement with his accuser. Rightly or wrongly, the perception of a settlement is that some kind of wrongdoing occurred. People who are completely innocent do not settle.

n/a Posted - 09/11/2015 : 09:54:51
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Slozo, until this "postponement" of his trial, or whatever it's called (since he's not actually been convicted), there was some serious talk of the Hawks moving Kane. Bowman and the rest of the organization is allegedly very upset with Kane and his immaturity and the bad look he's giving the organization. Just imagine the woman's rights groups and the such, that will prob be raising awareness at home games and throughout Chicago and/or Buffalo! This negative publicity will surely follow Kane for some time.

However, now that it appears that it will be settled out of court, it makes it easier for the Hawks to "turn a blind eye" / "sweep it under the rug" and essentially move on.

Having said all that, I personally wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt. When a team gets THAT fed up with the actions of a guy like this, and you consider they've had so much success recently, it wouldn't be beyond belief for them to take the "bounty" they'd receive for him and move on. If they didn't win another cup, so be it, it's not as though it's a team like that Canucks who've NEVER won one! Image Pavel Bure back in the day, or the Sedins a couple years ago? They could prob have gotten away with almost anything and not been moved, suspended, etc by the team! Lol.

I doubt Kane is moved now, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did happen. Either way, this proposed "settlement" wreaks of guilt imo and I can only imagine the heckling he'll face moving forward.

Allegedly very upset = show of morality for the public

Always follow the action, not the words.

Alex116 Posted - 09/09/2015 : 17:00:18
Slozo, until this "postponement" of his trial, or whatever it's called (since he's not actually been convicted), there was some serious talk of the Hawks moving Kane. Bowman and the rest of the organization is allegedly very upset with Kane and his immaturity and the bad look he's giving the organization. Just imagine the woman's rights groups and the such, that will prob be raising awareness at home games and throughout Chicago and/or Buffalo! This negative publicity will surely follow Kane for some time.

However, now that it appears that it will be settled out of court, it makes it easier for the Hawks to "turn a blind eye" / "sweep it under the rug" and essentially move on.

Having said all that, I personally wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt. When a team gets THAT fed up with the actions of a guy like this, and you consider they've had so much success recently, it wouldn't be beyond belief for them to take the "bounty" they'd receive for him and move on. If they didn't win another cup, so be it, it's not as though it's a team like that Canucks who've NEVER won one! Image Pavel Bure back in the day, or the Sedins a couple years ago? They could prob have gotten away with almost anything and not been moved, suspended, etc by the team! Lol.

I doubt Kane is moved now, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did happen. Either way, this proposed "settlement" wreaks of guilt imo and I can only imagine the heckling he'll face moving forward.
n/a Posted - 09/09/2015 : 08:16:05
I really, really don't see the Hawks letting go of Patty Kane. It would be shocking.

After the settlement, things will return to normal and Kane will be playing with the Hawks again for sure. Organisations don't let go of guys like that for off ice issues unless there's an actual conviction. If they have on ice issues like poor professional attitude, or poor fitness and work ethic, that'd be a different story . . .

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 09/04/2015 : 15:13:59
Guy is a star. Hope the charges aren't true. No doubt he has lots of interested teams. If he's proven guilty and faces jail time, those suitors will drop off fast. Hope for his sake it isn't true and this goes away, but either way I think it would be smart from a financial standpoint for Chicago to move his contract, let alone the circus that is his personal story.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page